Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I know I don't know as much as the coaches but I couldn't believe Brad McNeil wasn't out on the ice for that late power play after he just scored.
    ​​​​Kid has upside and busts it every shift and should be rewarded.

Comment

• Originally posted by DavidSec17 View Post
      I know I don't know as much as the coaches but I couldn't believe Brad McNeil wasn't out on the ice for that late power play after he just scored.
      ​​​​Kid has upside and busts it every shift and should be rewarded.
      +1
      "Rick not want to be know as tough guy, Rick want to be known as team guy" Rick "Mongo" Bennett

Comment

• Originally posted by AspyDad View Post

Well said bro.I believe in Dave's first year they beat QPac at home. Of course, he had Nolan's and Seth's guys.
        Why the infatuation with Seth? They didn’t make Lake Placid one time in his tenure and he was over 70 games under .500. You act like it was the glory days under him and he gets credit for every small thing but the best goalie to commit under Dave is credited to Dan Jewell in your eyes

Comment

• It will be another 47 years before Allen Abel returns. ;-)
          sigpic

Let's Go 'Tute!

Maxed out at 2,147,483,647 at 10:00 AM EDT 9/17/07.

2012 Poser Of The Year

Comment

• We have lost to numbers 2, 3, 4, 5, and 7 in PWR at least once each, and we are #60.
            sigpic

Let's Go 'Tute!

2012 Poser Of The Year

Comment

• Originally posted by CMcGarvey View Post

Why the infatuation with Seth? They didn’t make Lake Placid one time in his tenure and he was over 70 games under .500. You act like it was the glory days under him and he gets credit for every small thing but the best goalie to commit under Dave is credited to Dan Jewell in your eyes
              Well I did call Apps our great coach for many years! I guess what I'm trying to convey is Dave's recruiting prowess leaves much to be desired. Nolan and SA had Jeff Fass, Haggs, Riley B, Reilly, Wilson etc have significant careers in the pros...none of Dave's guys have. Not to mention one and done Pirri's significant NHL career. Btw- - the former regime made the Tourney. I do admire your defense of Dave. Things just aren't working.
              Last edited by AspyDad; 12-03-2023, 08:36 AM.
              "Rick not want to be know as tough guy, Rick want to be known as team guy" Rick "Mongo" Bennett

Comment

Well I did call Apps our great coach for many years! I guess what I'm trying to convey is Dave's recruiting prowess leaves much to be desired. Nolan and SA had Jeff Fass, Haggs, Riley B, Reilly, Wilson etc have significant careers in the pros...none of Dave's guys have. Not to mention one and done Pirri's significant NHL career. Btw- - the former regime made the Tourney. I do admire your defense of Dave. Things just aren't working.
                Dave's problem is keeping recruits: the best ones either get snapped up by someone else before ever lacing a skate in Troy or leave before graduating. This is partially due to changing NCAA rules. I agree that on average Seth's players were significantly better.
                sigpic

Let's Go 'Tute!

2012 Poser Of The Year

Comment

• I think we'd have more wins if our goalies weren't spotting teams an extra 2 goals every game

Comment

• Originally posted by rpi82 View Post

Nothing like creating a strawman and then knocking it down. Tell me where I said we’ve played fairly well in accumulating the statistics you cited for the whole season. In fact, I said there have been games where we didn’t show up. Last night wasn’t one of them. We were playing a top team motivated off a tough loss to another top team. I never called our performance a moral victory -another of your attempts to mischaracterize what I said. My point was solely that last night’s game was not the basis for wailing and complaining. We played fairly well LAST NIGHT against one of the nation’s best, albeit with some challenges in goal. That’s it.
                    Sure call it what you like but stats were cited simply because theirs nothing supporting the claim they played fairly well Friday night or the season for that matter. I think what I was trying to say was the only way one could summarize they played fairly well is by a moral victory of some sorts. I only say this cause well they actually didn’t play well. No biggie I must of misunderstood you. Damn fan forum

Comment

• Originally posted by Ralph Baer View Post

Dave's problem is keeping recruits: the best ones either get snapped up by someone else before ever lacing a skate in Troy or leave before graduating. This is partially due to changing NCAA rules. I agree that on average Seth's players were significantly better.
                      I agree Ralph. Seth coming from Denver was an advantage for him. Dave coming from canisius maybe not a great starting point for recruiting. Seth was able to get d’amigo and pirri etc…on campus with virtually no support kinda proved he could recruit. Monty had a lot to do with that. But Seth could recruit goalies also.

Comment

• Originally posted by sezenack View Post
                        I think we'd have more wins if our goalies weren't spotting teams an extra 2 goals every game
                        Do you think we’re going to roll with Sanborn next year or will they recruit another goalie? In addition to sanborn.

Comment

• Originally posted by Engineers View Post
                          Do you think we’re going to roll with Sanborn next year or will they recruit another goalie? In addition to sanborn.
                          Sanborn is coming in 2025 per his BCHL page. I assume we'll either recruit someone or wait for the transfer portal to get one

Comment

. When I started reading your posts, I felt comfortable about going into semi retirement on this thread. Thanks for thinking we can be better, we have two Natty banners hanging in the rafters and should be more relevant.
                            +1

Comment

• Originally posted by sezenack View Post
                              I think we'd have more wins if our goalies weren't spotting teams an extra 2 goals every game
                              Maybe I missed it, but has there been any notice on Watson's injury and expected duration? Is it a chronic condition? Not that he's been much better over the past season +, but at least he showed in his freshman season that he was capable of extended quality play.

Comment

• Originally posted by rpi82 View Post

Maybe I missed it, but has there been any notice on Watson's injury and expected duration? Is it a chronic condition? Not that he's been much better over the past season +, but at least he showed in his freshman season that he was capable of extended quality play.
                                Hiring Lange as an AC could have been intended partially to get us better goalies. As far as Sanborn, our only committed goalie, is concerned, he was invited to the USNTDP camp and supposedly almost made the team. This year his numbers are not good, but he apparently does not have much support.
                                sigpic

Let's Go 'Tute!

2012 Poser Of The Year

Comment

Working...
                                X