RPI 2023-24: In Our 200th Year, We're Getting It Right

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by troyboy View Post

Well its gonna be a long 2 yrs because we have more of the same in the pipeline and if any player that vaguely resembles a D1 hockey player doesn't either leave or decommit they are getting bad advice!
    The pipeline looks average at best. Nothing to make a difference. It’s more of the same

Comment

• Originally posted by AspyDad View Post

It's called quitting on the Coach
      Its called quitting on themselves.
      Don't get me wrong. the coach has a lot to do with this, but it is the players on the ice. And they show no self respect. No leadership no love for each other.
      It hurts me to say this, but it is what I see on the ice. No teamwork and nobody seems to care.
      Those who would give up essential liberty to purchase a little temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety.
      Benjamin Franklin
      The harder I practice, the luckier I get.
      Gary Player

Comment

• So putting the players, coaches, and rink aside for a second….got an email from Dave Smith today encouraging me to buy some team gear. So….i could use a new t shirt and a new sweatshirt. So I open the shop to pick out some stuff. Until I see a short sleeved t shirt is $38.99. And a sweatshirt is up near $70. Just for fun, I figured a pro team’s stuff would be that or more. Nope. Far less in fact for Bruins gear. It’s bad enough the team isn’t good. But to try and sell gear for that much money is insult to injury.

Comment

I hardly ever agree with you but you're right. Sad though that RPI Hockey is thought of so poorly.
          Thanks AD. I do not always agree with you either, but I respect your opinion and like hearing your perspective.

Comment

• Originally posted by vicious View Post

Thanks AD. I do not always agree with you either, but I respect your opinion and like hearing your perspective.
            All my best and Season's Greetings to you and yours.
            "Rick not want to be know as tough guy, Rick want to be known as team guy" Rick "Mongo" Bennett

Comment

• Originally posted by engineerhockeyfan View Post

Its called quitting on themselves.
              Don't get me wrong. the coach has a lot to do with this, but it is the players on the ice. And they show no self respect. No leadership no love for each other.
              It hurts me to say this, but it is what I see on the ice. No teamwork and nobody seems to care.
              If I recall, we spent a lot of time at the start of the season talking about goaltending and if Watson played really well, some of the pieces might fall into place. This weekend, Watson was in street clothes and the third-string goalie played two periods against a team with 8 NHL draft picks. The team's confidence is really fragile right now. It sagged when they tried to kill the 5-minute major in the 2nd. In the third, they actually played with more energy and confidence.

Right now, this team is 2-2 in the league, although they will be seriously tested this coming weekend. As I've said before, I'm going to reserve judgment until the season is over. By then, we should know more about the future of the Field House (assuming the Institute's HFH committee has wrapped up work by then) and that might start a bigger discussion about the overall future of the program.

Comment

All my best and Season's Greetings to you and yours.
                Thank you Aspy. To you and your family as well.

Comment

Kirk McDonald
                  Do you think that he would be interested?
                  sigpic

Let's Go 'Tute!

Maxed out at 2,147,483,647 at 10:00 AM EDT 9/17/07.

2012 Poser Of The Year

Comment

• Originally posted by Ralph Baer View Post

Ja, er hatte Interesse. Er wurde gut passen.

Comment

• Originally posted by CMcGarvey View Post
                      They did allow fans in 21-22
                      As far as the general public, only for the games against Dartmouth in the first round of the ECAC. One of the Dartmouth mom's that was sitting near me was from Canada. These were the first games she saw in person that year.

The issue was that the very important part the the general public that was banned from the stands were the scouts. Many of the potential returnees left RPI because they weren't sure if "The Queen" was going to let fans in during the 22-23 season. The effects of this on the roster were devastating last year. I am sure this has been explained here before. Only allowing students and Covid tested staff into the rink in 21-22 ruined the program for 22-23.

Comment

• Originally posted by marty74 View Post

As far as the general public, only for the games against Dartmouth in the first round of the ECAC. One of the Dartmouth mom's that was sitting near me was from Canada. These were the first games she saw in person that year.

The issue was that the very important part the the general public that was banned from the stands were the scouts. Many of the potential returnees left RPI because they weren't sure if "The Queen" was going to let fans in during the 22-23 season. The effects of this on the roster were devastating last year. I am sure this has been explained here before. Only allowing students and Covid tested staff into the rink in 21-22 ruined the program for 22-23.
                        The post about fans being allowed in 21-22 was responding to someone saying Union didn’t allow fans that year, which isn’t true

Comment

• Originally posted by CMcGarvey View Post

The post about fans being allowed in 21-22 was responding to someone saying Union didn’t allow fans that year, which isn’t true
                          I apologize. As far as I know RPI was the most restrictive in 21-22. I do not know of any other school that pulled that crap. When they moved the Vermont at RPI game to Vermont I sent a satirical message to Coach Smith. The virus was going to kill who in Troy? The senior citizen working the door or the overage Zamboni driver? Shirley is a genius at being a big dope.

Originally posted by Marty
                          Out of an abundance of caution I decided to send this email using a Virtual Private Network from outside New York State and the Troy area.

Hopefully it will be virus free like, uh, oh yeah, Vermont.

Hope a semblance of normalcy returns when the wicked witch leaves in the summer.
                          Last edited by marty74; 11-28-2023, 02:27 PM.

Comment

• Originally posted by Ralph Baer View Post

Yes
                            "Rick not want to be know as tough guy, Rick want to be known as team guy" Rick "Mongo" Bennett

Comment

• Just when you think nobody else has it worse than us for players bolting out of here and recruits decommitting left and right, you almost always hear about someone even worse off.

Michigan State fires head case wacko football coach. Michigan State hires new football coach. All three quarterbacks who started games this year were, I guess, supposed to be impressed with the course change. All three entered transfer portal within 24 hours of each other.

We would have to lose all three of our goalies at the end of this season to have any chance of matching that.

Comment

• For those playing along at home, Q'pac (9-4-1 / 5-0-1) has amassed lopsided wins against AIC 8-0, Harvard 6-0, Cornell 8-4, Colgate 7-4. I didn't have a chance to hear Smitty on Wyland's show yesterday to learn about what voodoo we are planning to stifle that kind of offense. Ha ha....
                                ""Ralph is the Chuck Norris of this board. Ralph doesnt sleep he just waits." - fishcore12

Comment

Working...
                                X