This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by engineerhockeyfan View Post
    The team was fine until Union pushed back.
    It seemed like we sat back every time we had a three goal lead. We cannot allow any team to come back because of our complacency.
    I liked Payant from the first time I saw him. The puck seems to follow him and he knows what to do with it when it finds him.
    I still can't see a penalty that caused a 5 minute major to our player. No call during play and 5 minutes after review that showed very little to overturn the call on the ice.
    And why wasn't the Union player disqualified after his major? Even the Union broadcasters were stunned by that one.
    Anyway, it was good to get a win, now lets get serious.
    Did not have the luxury to replay our 5 minute penalty as we were at a local pub watching the game. No one in the place was an RPi fan. Virtually no one was even a hockey fan. But absolutely no one who saw the call was able to figure out why anything at all was called, let a lone a 5 minute major. There was virtually no contact and definitely no attempt at contact to the head. If it was supposed to be a make up call - the added misconduct and disqualification from the game was far more than the Union player got for his penalty earlier. Which, btw, I thought might also be only a 2 minute penalty. Would not have mattered since we played those 5 minutes about as poorly as we could giving whatever momentum we had to Union.
    Take the shortest distance to the puck and arrive in ill humor

Comment

• Originally posted by Ralph Baer View Post
      We are all the way up to 42 in the Pairwise. :-)
      Doubtful we move up at all after tonight since even with a win in regulation, Union is a team well below us in the pairwise.

Comment

• Originally posted by DrDemento View Post

Absolutely agree. i have used Askew as the standard for skating speed for many years and Payant is at least that fast and as you mention, perhaps more so in all directions. What is even more important, he stays on his feet and can handle the puck at that top speed. Saw Melanson in high school for years, he was very quick and could back up a defense as well as anyone. We have had several very fast skaters in Troy but only a very few who also had the scorer's touch (Tapper sure comes to mind). Let us hope the coaching staff can find the best ways to utilize Payant's speed with proper line mates, or on some of the special team play. i recall that Askew was often used short handed to fore check and drive the opposition to distraction and often on the point on the power play as the 4th forward but acting like a defenseman to get back quickly and guard against short handed attempts against.
        Should also mention that also on this team with good speed and quickness is Hotsen who can also do some damage. As i have posted before, our offense does not seem to be the problem (we scored 6 yesterday before Muzzatti, our biggest threat, was even on the score sheet I believe).
        Couldn’t agree more doc. Payant doesn’t slow down when he has the puck he’s just as fast with the puck. He’s a weapon for 4sure. Hotson is a stud. He can play

Comment

• Payant may have Askew-like speed, but it sounds like he doesn’t have Askew-like aim. :-D
          Uncle Mickey: July 23, 1950-July 22, 2003

WRPI, 91.5 FM...usually color commentary.

Comment

• I was encouraged by our offensive showing for sure. Defense and goaltending needs to be better, but you've all already said that. I assume we'll have Cherepak in net. I don't think either coach is happy with the defense from last night, so tonight will be low scoring I bet

Comment

• Originally posted by jericho View Post
              Payant may have Askew-like speed, but it sounds like he doesn’t have Askew-like aim. :-D
              Saw Kelly play roller hockey a few times and he was just about as fast on those wheels as he was on the ice.

Comment

• Originally posted by sezenack View Post
                I was encouraged by our offensive showing for sure. Defense and goaltending needs to be better, but you've all already said that. I assume we'll have Cherepak in net. I don't think either coach is happy with the defense from last night, so tonight will be low scoring I bet
                We better not be low scoring on offense since I am not sure we can keep the score low on defense unless we make some drastic changes.

Comment

• Originally posted by jericho View Post
                  Payant may have Askew-like speed, but it sounds like he doesn’t have Askew-like aim. :-D
                  I was surprised DrD did write that in his earlier post. :-D
                  sigpic

Let's Go 'Tute!

Maxed out at 2,147,483,647 at 10:00 AM EDT 9/17/07.

2012 Poser Of The Year

Comment

• Payant was named the ECAC's #1 Star for Friday.
                    https://*****/ecachockey/status/1720645800932647098
                    sigpic

Let's Go 'Tute!

Maxed out at 2,147,483,647 at 10:00 AM EDT 9/17/07.

2012 Poser Of The Year

Comment

• For the football fans- we went up 21-10 during the third period up at Hobart (where I cannot remember us winning a game). But gave up the last 21 points to lose 31-21 ending any hope for an at large bid to the NCAA tournament. We had played almost a perfect game through the first 40 minutes b ut just could not convert enough on offense when we had the opportunities. We did not have our #1 Quarterback available but those who filled in played well in his place. Final game next week against Union means little except bragging rights for us. More than likely will play in a post season ECAC bowl as we are now 7-2 and should qualify.

Comment

• 3-0 union after 1st. Not sure what else you say about this horse****. The refs have made some absolutely terrible calls.

Comment

• Going to be a interesting game

Comment

For the football fans- we went up 21-10 during the third period up at Hobart (where I cannot remember us winning a game). But gave up the last 21 points to lose 31-21 ending any hope for an at large bid to the NCAA tournament. We had played almost a perfect game through the first 40 minutes b ut just could not convert enough on offense when we had the opportunities. We did not have our #1 Quarterback available but those who filled in played well in his place. Final game next week against Union means little except bragging rights for us. More than likely will play in a post season ECAC bowl as we are now 7-2 and should qualify.
                            I didn't listen to the game. Was any reason given during the WRPI broadcast as to why Jake Kazanowsky was not available? From the recap available at RPIathletics, one would never guess that Justin McCormack was not the regular # 1 QB.

Comment

We better not be low scoring on offense since I am not sure we can keep the score low on defense unless we make some drastic changes.
                              Right. Last nights score makes Union look like BC,PC,Maine.

Comment

• In 6 games we have let in 31 goals. In 6 games. Looking at the schedule we have the north country next weekend then i believe northeastern at home which congratulations to northeastern on two easy wins. Strong possibility we end November at 1-9.

Comment

Working...
                                X