X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Ralph Baer View Post

Or one game each weekend.
    Encouraging that BC, PC and Maine won tonight.

Comment

• For the football fans - RPI blew out Rochester 49-10 in a game that was not as close as the score. We covered the spread and were up 35-0 after about 22 minutes as everything went well for us. Shame we have that one loss to Ithaca in a game that could have ended differently if not for some truly bad play late by us as we would be at the top of the Liberty League and in line for an NCAA bid. This is a good RPI team and am sure we will be hosting a post season game of some sort but were just so close to being undefeated!
      Take the shortest distance to the puck and arrive in ill humor

Comment

• Went to the women’s game with Colgate and watched the Cornell game on tv. They are a fun team to watch. They lost each game against higher ranked teams by one goal each. They skate, are tough to play against, and don’t give up. T

Comment

• Originally posted by 25+years View Post
          Went to the women’s game with Colgate and watched the Cornell game on tv. They are a fun team to watch. They lost each game against higher ranked teams by one goal each. They skate, are tough to play against, and don’t give up. T
          I watched both games and I agree they are fun to watch and never give up. Great to see the women’s team playing so well.

Comment

• Originally posted by RPI67 View Post

Encouraging that BC, PC and Maine won tonight.
            Encouraging might be a stretch. Maine beating qpac shows that Maine is 4real and Ben Barr is an excellent coach who can recruit. The way we played against those teams was down right ridiculous. We would have a hard time beating anyone in college hockey. Letting teams fire 45+ shots a game is absurd. Upcoming weekend with union is crucial. Union plays hard so they better be ready with a week off to prepare

Comment

• Originally posted by Engineers View Post
              Encouraging might be a stretch. Maine beating qpac shows that Maine is 4real and Ben Barr is an excellent coach who can recruit. The way we played against those teams was down right ridiculous. We would have a hard time beating anyone in college hockey. Letting teams fire 45+ shots a game is absurd. Upcoming weekend with union is crucial. Union plays hard so they better be ready with a week off to prepare
              Playing against a rival is always going to be tough.
              But this weekends game is all about the coaches. They have two weeks to get the team ready. They have to rebuild any confidence the team had and make sure that they are ready for Union.
              Win or lose, we have to play two really good games with enthusiasm for 60/65 minutes.
              Those who would give up essential liberty to purchase a little temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety.
              Benjamin Franklin
              The harder I practice, the luckier I get.
              Gary Player

Comment

• Originally posted by engineerhockeyfan View Post

Playing against a rival is always going to be tough.
                But this weekends game is all about the coaches. They have two weeks to get the team ready. They have to rebuild any confidence the team had and make sure that they are ready for Union.
                Win or lose, we have to play two really good games with enthusiasm for 60/65 minutes.
                Very true! I swear if RPI comes out playing like they did against Maine bc/pc we have big problems.

Comment

• Originally posted by Engineers View Post

Very true! I swear if RPI comes out playing like they did against Maine bc/pc we have big problems.
                  Things are looking up as we are no longer last in the pairwise ratings! We did better this weekend by not playing.

Comment

• Kurt Stutt indicated during Saturday's football game that he was planning to be WRPI's announcer for this coming Saturday's football game at Hobart.

I assume that means he will not be doing either of the hockey games against Union this weekend.

Does WRPI have a student announcer or announcers lined up to do hockey this year?

Comment

• Originally posted by Waite21 View Post
                      Kurt Stutt indicated during Saturday's football game that he was planning to be WRPI's announcer for this coming Saturday's football game at Hobart.

I assume that means he will not be doing either of the hockey games against Union this weekend.

Does WRPI have a student announcer or announcers lined up to do hockey this year?
                      we’ll do Saturday. I know it’s Schenectady, but I can’t get childcare for Friday. We do have a new student who has expressed interest in traveling with the team, he will debut with me on Saturday. We don’t want to put him on a game by himself, especially an away game. Hopefully he works out and travels. The student we had last year graduated, so he’s touch and go but still in the area. If you know of anyone, send them our way!
                      Uncle Mickey: July 23, 1950-July 22, 2003

WRPI, 91.5 FM...usually color commentary.

Comment

• Odds for next weekend unchanged for our boys hockey. For football we are a 3.5 point favorite on the road at Hobart. The girls' hockey games against St. Lawrence and Clarkson are listed as both being 1.5 goal underdogs at home in Troy.

Comment

• I happened to be in the car and caught Smitty's weekly appearance on 104.5 Team . Not much in the way of news....as Wyland knows little about hockey, so unless they are fed to him, the questions usually involve the weather and what's for lunch...ha ha

Smitty was on the road recruiting last week, so the AC's ran the show in his absence. Practice emphasis included the forecheck and D zone breakouts. He expects two hard fought, fast paced games....

"No clear number one" as far as goaltenders go. "We need better goaltending...so the competition will continue..." Saturday night game will feature special Blackout one-off sweaters which will be auctioned off. - END OF REPORT-
                          ""Ralph is the Chuck Norris of this board. Ralph doesnt sleep he just waits." - fishcore12

Comment

• Originally posted by Wicked Slappaahs View Post
                            I happened to be in the car and caught Smitty's weekly appearance on 104.5 Team . Not much in the way of news....as Wyland knows little about hockey, so unless they are fed to him, the questions usually involve the weather and what's for lunch...ha ha

Smitty was on the road recruiting last week, so the AC's ran the show in his absence. Practice emphasis included the forecheck and D zone breakouts. He expects two hard fought, fast paced games....

"No clear number one" as far as goaltenders go. "We need better goaltending...so the competition will continue..." Saturday night game will feature special Blackout one-off sweaters which will be auctioned off. - END OF REPORT-
                            Oh good so wyland asked how we’re looking between the pipes? Haha

Comment

• Originally posted by DrDemento View Post

Things are looking up as we are no longer last in the pairwise ratings! We did better this weekend by not playing.
                              Haha things are looking up doc

Comment

• Sezenack et al. post about the last pair of games, where we stand, etc.
                                https://thefieldhouse.substack.com/p...rs-stand-after
                                Last edited by Ralph Baer; 10-31-2023, 01:45 PM.
                                sigpic

Let's Go 'Tute!

Maxed out at 2,147,483,647 at 10:00 AM EDT 9/17/07.

2012 Poser Of The Year

Comment

Working...
                                X