This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by RPI67 View Post

I was at the BC game. Not as bad a game as the score. The goal at 28 seconds changed the game. I watched replays of the BC and PC games on ESPN+. I like the goalie rotation. Cherepak looks faster side to side and a better stick handler. Did we lead the league in "shorties" last year. Two in a 3-2 loss at PC.
    I like your optimistic take on the BC game. From my vantage point I thought the game reminded me of my childhood when my dad would take me to MSG to see the NY Rangers entertain the Montreal Canadiens who outscored and outskated them for a full 60 minutes. I was thinking BC just was in a higher plane than we are and that we never stood a chance. Even when the score was close it was like when is the volcano going to erupt. BTW did not feel that way at all against PC where if we had any sort of decent special teams play, we win a close one.
    Take the shortest distance to the puck and arrive in ill humor

Comment

• Originally posted by DrDemento View Post

i could have put the dates next to the listings but felt everyone knew we did not play the Union series this coming weekend. That is why I used the term early. Those odds might only change if union's status does but very unlikely by much as i indicated. With no boys home games this weekend and with the chance for locals and students to get to see two of the highest ranked women's team in town, i wonder if the attendance at the HFH will be more substantial than it has been? Our girls have played a very successful early schedule (albeit softer than what is coming up) and deserve as much support as they can get.
      I often read things too fast, so I don't see everything. E.g.. I didn't notice that the preseason games were in the afternoon.
      sigpic

Let's Go 'Tute!

Maxed out at 2,147,483,647 at 10:00 AM EDT 9/17/07.

2012 Poser Of The Year

Comment

• Originally posted by Dutchman View Post
        My wife and I were at the BC Game. First time at Conte Forum. Not all bad news. There were stretches where the engineers looked very good. Playing a very tough non-conference schedule could make RPI a much more formidable competitor later in the season.
        Thanks for your take and the info Dutch.
        ""Ralph is the Chuck Norris of this board. Ralph doesnt sleep he just waits." - fishcore12

Comment

• RPI currently dead last in pairwise when you take out the ivies who have not played yet. Obviously it’s super early in the season so the team has time to turn it around. Fingers crossed Dave and co can finally muster up some wins.

Comment

• Originally posted by Engineers View Post
            RPI currently dead last in pairwise when you take out the ivies who have not played yet. Obviously it’s super early in the season so the team has time to turn it around. Fingers crossed Dave and co can finally muster up some wins.
            I don't think pairwise has any value this early in the year. Fingers crossed for me as well! Union needs to be a split at minimum

Comment

• Last year we criticized Dave for a weak slate of early games that didn’t prepare the team for league play. This year he (courageously?, foolishly?) went hard the other way. We’ve played 2 top 10 teams and another that I believe will be solidly in the top 20. I was very disappointed in how we started but have seen improvement against superior talent. We won’t know the final answer until we are well into league play. Until then hope for the best.

Comment

• Originally posted by rpi82 View Post
                Last year we criticized Dave for a weak slate of early games that didn’t prepare the team for league play. This year he (courageously?, foolishly?) went hard the other way. We’ve played 2 top 10 teams and another that I believe will be solidly in the top 20. I was very disappointed in how we started but have seen improvement against superior talent. We won’t know the final answer until we are well into league play. Until then hope for the best.
                I agree, the second half of the year will tell the tale. The squad will either be battle hardened and ready for a playoff run or....not. Time will tell, but I'll be rooting for them !
                ""Ralph is the Chuck Norris of this board. Ralph doesnt sleep he just waits." - fishcore12

Comment

• We are OK up front (but just OK). Defensive play has got to improve or this year will indeed be memorable for all the wrong reasons. As the season progresses from here, if defense can get it together, goal tending will take care of itself as both boys have shown that when given the support in front of them they can deal with most anything. Special teams? Still waiting for them to show up.

Comment

• Originally posted by sezenack View Post

I don't think pairwise has any value this early in the year. Fingers crossed for me as well! Union needs to be a split at minimum
                    I’m rooting for them! Union series will be tough. I went to the Friday UConn game and union plays hard. There’s some skill as well. If we can sweep the series it could be a real shot in the arm for confidence.

Comment

• Neither RPI nor Union play this weekend. I really don't understand why they're not playing this weekend like they always have, especially when it's free for both parties

Comment

Neither RPI nor Union play this weekend. I really don't understand why they're not playing this weekend like they always have, especially when it's free for both parties
                        Or one game each weekend.
                        sigpic

Let's Go 'Tute!

2012 Poser Of The Year

Comment

Neither RPI nor Union play this weekend. I really don't understand why they're not playing this weekend like they always have, especially when it's free for both parties
                          I suspected that was why odds were posted so early. Neither team was going to have a chance to change the predictions. Very important weekend for us as we really have to begin to show something positive. There were some plus factors to take out of the PC game as without the short handed goals we were at least more competitive but we cannot just erase what occurred. Special teams and playing well defensively has to be addressed and done so before we get much further into the season. Here's hoping!

Comment

• I might as well enter this here too. Two recruits, Easton Adrian and Lucas Lemieux, were named to the NHL CSB preliminary players to watch list. https://www.nhl.com/news/nhl-central...nary-a-ratings

Both play defense.
                            sigpic

Let's Go 'Tute!

2012 Poser Of The Year

Comment

• Originally posted by Ralph Baer View Post
                              I might as well enter this here too. Two recruits, Easton Adrian and Lucas Lemieux, were named to the NHL CSB preliminary players to watch list. https://www.nhl.com/news/nhl-central...nary-a-ratings

Both play defense.
                              Perhaps we have summoned the cavalry. (was just watching an old Randolph Scott western on TCM)

Comment

• Originally posted by DrDemento View Post

Perhaps we have summoned the cavalry. (was just watching an old Randolph Scott western on TCM)
                                They both appear to be quite good, but I won't get excited until they get rated at least C.
                                sigpic

Let's Go 'Tute!

2012 Poser Of The Year

Comment

Working...
                                X