Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Football update - after a slow start with a couple mistakes (interceptions) we took firm control and beat SLU 37-7. RPI is now 6-1 overall and this insures another winning season. We are 2-1 in the Liberty League with 3 of the toughest games still to play -Rochester, Hobart and Union.
    Take the shortest distance to the puck and arrive in ill humor

Comment

• Muzzatti done for the night with 5min major. Our power play is bad. Really bad

Comment

• I hope that last night's line up isn't the one we are taking into the ECAC.
        The goalies should sue for non support. We can't get the puck out of our own end and we don't get great scoring opportunities when we do.
        The power play is minus. One goal for and two against. I don't think I can remember any team with that level of ineptitude.
        I know that the ECAC doesn't have the talent of the teams we played the last two weekends, but we are going to have to play much better if we are to compete in our own league.
        It hurts to have to say all of that, but the truth hurts sometimes.
        And the worst statistic of all in last nights game, we could have won the game if not for our power play. OUCH.
        Those who would give up essential liberty to purchase a little temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety.
        Benjamin Franklin
        The harder I practice, the luckier I get.
        Gary Player

Comment

• Originally posted by engineerhockeyfan View Post
          I hope that last night's line up isn't the one we are taking into the ECAC.
          The goalies should sue for non support. We can't get the puck out of our own end and we don't get great scoring opportunities when we do.
          The power play is minus. One goal for and two against. I don't think I can remember any team with that level of ineptitude.
          I know that the ECAC doesn't have the talent of the teams we played the last two weekends, but we are going to have to play much better if we are to compete in our own league.
          And the worst statistic of all in last nights game, we could have won the game if not for our power play. OUCH.
          Unfortunately I think that is the lineup we will have for ecac play. Team structure is not good and defensive play is abysmal. You could have Patrick Roy and dominik Hasek in net it would make no difference. Our game is well bad lol I did notice the body language on the team last night was something to keep an eye on. They look dejected
          i have no expectations with this coaching staff. They can’t recruit to compete. Dave has one winning season and that’s only because savory was off the charts good and carried us on his back. Other than that it’s wash and repeat. Wake me up when they put the call in to Kirk McDonald out in Dubuque. He’s a winning coach and awesome person.

Comment

• Originally posted by engineerhockeyfan View Post
            I hope that last night's line up isn't the one we are taking into the ECAC.
            We've allowed 182 shots on goal through first four games, or about 45 per game. Watson and Cherepak are seeing a lot more rubber than they should.

Comment

• Originally posted by Engineers View Post
              Unfortunately I think that is the lineup we will have for ecac play. Team structure is not good and defensive play is abysmal. You could have Patrick Roy and dominik Hasek in net it would make no difference. Our game is well bad lol I did notice the body language on the team last night was something to keep an eye on. They look dejected
              i have no expectations with this coaching staff. They can’t recruit to compete. Dave has one winning season and that’s only because savory was off the charts good and carried us on his back. Other than that it’s wash and repeat. Wake me up when they put the call in to Kirk McDonald out in Dubuque. He’s a winning coach and awesome person.
              I'll pay for Kirk's flight here !!!
              What was the Guy who discovered milk doing to the cow ????????...Or for that matter how bout the fist Guy to drink it !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Comment

• Originally posted by Engineers View Post
                I feel bad for the fellas. It seems they 're not being put in a place to succeed. Kirk would be a super choice.
                "Rick not want to be know as tough guy, Rick want to be known as team guy" Rick "Mongo" Bennett

Comment

• Originally posted by AspyDad View Post

I feel bad for the fellas. It seems they 're not being put in a place to succeed. Kirk would be a super choice.
                  I feel bad as well. All good guys! Kirk is my choice for next coach. He would do well back in Troy. He has Dubuque at 7-1-1

Comment

• Originally posted by troyboy View Post

I'll pay for Kirk's flight here !!!
                    First class flight! Lol

Comment

• Very early posting of odds for the coming games - these could change but history has shown that any changes are extremely minor.

For the girls- Colgate is a 2.5 goal favorite (rather large margin and probably should be)
                      Cornell is a 1.5 goal favorite (sounds about right)

For the boys- Union is a 0.5 goal favorite at home against us
                      RPI is a 0.5 goal favorite at home against Union

Football - RPI is a 21.5 point favorite over Rochester (personally I think they are under rating Rochester considerably)

Comment

• My wife and I were at the BC Game. First time at Conte Forum. Not all bad news. There were stretches where the engineers looked very good. Playing a very tough non-conference schedule could make RPI a much more formidable competitor later in the season.
                        DUTCHMEN HOCKEY
                        DANGER - MEN AT WORK

Comment

• Originally posted by Dutchman View Post
                          My wife and I were at the BC Game. First time at Conte Forum. Not all bad news. There were stretches where the engineers looked very good. Playing a very tough non-conference schedule could make RPI a much more formidable competitor later in the season.
                          I was at the BC game. Not as bad a game as the score. The goal at 28 seconds changed the game. I watched replays of the BC and PC games on ESPN+. I like the goalie rotation. Cherepak looks faster side to side and a better stick handler. Did we lead the league in "shorties" last year. Two in a 3-2 loss at PC.

Comment

• Originally posted by DrDemento View Post
                            Very early posting of odds for the coming games - these could change but history has shown that any changes are extremely minor.

For the boys- Union is a 0.5 goal favorite at home against us
                            RPI is a 0.5 goal favorite at home against Union
                            I checked to be sure, but the Union games are in two weeks. We scheduled a bye weekend to lick our wounds. So it is more than "very early". :-D
                            sigpic

Let's Go 'Tute!

Maxed out at 2,147,483,647 at 10:00 AM EDT 9/17/07.

2012 Poser Of The Year

Comment

• Nick Strom won the ECAC Defender of the Week award.

https://*****/ecachockey/status/1716456665480855764
                              sigpic

Let's Go 'Tute!

Maxed out at 2,147,483,647 at 10:00 AM EDT 9/17/07.

2012 Poser Of The Year

Comment

• Originally posted by Ralph Baer View Post

I checked to be sure, but the Union games are in two weeks. We scheduled a bye weekend to lick our wounds. So it is more than "very early". :-D
                                i could have put the dates next to the listings but felt everyone knew we did not play the Union series this coming weekend. That is why I used the term early. Those odds might only change if union's status does but very unlikely by much as i indicated. With no boys home games this weekend and with the chance for locals and students to get to see two of the highest ranked women's team in town, i wonder if the attendance at the HFH will be more substantial than it has been? Our girls have played a very successful early schedule (albeit softer than what is coming up) and deserve as much support as they can get.

Comment

Working...
                                X