This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by BC/HE View Post
    Wish you guys were more competitive against Maine. Now unless BC blows you out as well, we will be questioning BC's strength. The only thing that may prevent that is BC missing the net consistently as they appear to be doing. Totally expect BC to control play as they can roll out 4 good lines with the top 2 being exceptional.
    Yeah we wish we were more competitive as well lol oh don’t worry you guys should have no problem blowing us out. Our team defense is appalling and based off Maine series offense isn’t much better.

Comment

• Originally posted by AspyDad View Post
      This series at Maine was very telling about the program. Lee and Shirley went with Smith over Barr and from the evidence right in front our face it was a disaster. Per CHN, we were out shot 108-32 ; total dominance. Call it the Tale of Two programs, one in ascendance and one in decline. Another 20 loss season is unacceptable and Marty and the new AD will have to intervene. No more excuses. We could have had one of our own (Barr) fix this but we didn't. Just awful.
      Another 20 loss season should be the end of Dave and co. Especially with the new prez and AD who genuinely want to have winning hockey programs. I can’t see how this keeps going

Comment

• Originally posted by Drew S. View Post

Maine’s first and second lines are all from the previous regime.
        Liar. Gendron had just started recruiting Josh Nadeau.....Barr sealed the deal AND brought in Bradly Nadeau.

Comment

Maine got a nine figure donation from the Alfond family(who fleeced Warren Buffett out of billions of dollars) a few years ago to upgrade facilities but because of cost increases it won’t go nearly as far as hoped. The underlying financial situation at the school/university system are a complete disaster.
          Man you really hate Maine....why don't you join another fan base? They have about $90 million more to spend.....just had a record breaking year of fundraising. Poor Drew......you are pathetic man.

Comment

• Originally posted by Engineers View Post
            Another 20 loss season should be the end of Dave and co. Especially with the new prez and AD who genuinely want to have winning hockey programs. I can’t see how this keeps going
            I agree about Pres. Schmidt wanting a winning program. Is there any evidence that the AD cares??
            sigpic

Let's Go 'Tute!

Maxed out at 2,147,483,647 at 10:00 AM EDT 9/17/07.

2012 Poser Of The Year

Comment

• Originally posted by walrus View Post

You probably should look at the campus and talk to some folks who work there before making the assumption that everything is great based on a gift from the Alfond foundation. Maine is dying slowly but surely except near the coast where people from away are buying everything in sight. Maine has far too many campuses and not near enough taxpayers to maintain the system.
              It should be noted that the University of Maine system plans on spending $1.2 billion over the next 5 years on campus infrastructure.....with $848 million going toward Orono....

https://www.pressherald.com/2023/09/...mic%20building.

Comment

• Originally posted by Ralph Baer View Post

I agree about Pres. Schmidt wanting a winning program. Is there any evidence that the AD cares??
                Cares about having a winning program? What the hell did they hire her for if she doesn’t care about having a winning hockey program? I thought there was a big emphasis on both hockey programs being front and center with the AD hire. That was a big part of who will be hired. Certainly hope they didn’t hire her to improve the table tennis team or start a strong bowling program.

Comment

• Originally posted by umhockey91 View Post

Man you really hate Maine....why don't you join another fan base? They have about $90 million more to spend.....just had a record breaking year of fundraising. Poor Drew......you are pathetic man.
                  LOL, Josh literally committed four months before Red passed away and Brad visited campus at that time to. It was a done deal when Barr took over but by all means believe whatever you want.
                  Originally posted by BobbyBrady
                  Crosby probably wouldn't even be on BC's top two lines next year

Comment

It should be noted that the University of Maine system plans on spending $1.2 billion over the next 5 years on campus infrastructure.....with $848 million going toward Orono....

https://www.pressherald.com/2023/09/...mic%20building.
                    I plan on marrying Taylor Swift in the next five years.
                    Originally posted by BobbyBrady
                    Crosby probably wouldn't even be on BC's top two lines next year

Comment

• Originally posted by BC/HE View Post
                      Wish you guys were more competitive against Maine. Now unless BC blows you out as well, we will be questioning BC's strength. The only thing that may prevent that is BC missing the net consistently as they appear to be doing. Totally expect BC to control play as they can roll out 4 good lines with the top 2 being exceptional.
                      Yeah you guys don’t need 4 lines for us. Tell the bottom 6 stay home rest up for HE. Just the top 6 should be plenty to hang 75 shots on us and beat us by 5-7 goals. While jack watson is being hammered by a firing squad.

Comment

Liar. Gendron had just started recruiting Josh Nadeau.....Barr sealed the deal AND brought in Bradly Nadeau.
                        According to Heisenberg's site Josh Nadeau committed in December 2020 while Ben was not hired until May 2021. However, whenever there is a coaching change the new coach generally has to work to keep commits on board so it may be a semantic distinction as to who recruited him.

Now that we have our Maine recruiting update out of the way, let's talk about RPI in our thread. It was a very disappointing weekend. There's no way to sugar coat that. Day 1 the boys seemed extremely tentative and Maine was just outskating them at every opportunity. They also lost almost every puck battle and struggled to clear the puck. Those issues are related as Maine didn't fear being outskated so they pinched in at every opportunity. Even the weakside D was staying in or barely straying outside the blue line because they knew that even if the puck got out of the zone the risk of a breakaway or odd-man rush was small. On Saturday the skating was a little better (Payant and Hotson have to be in the lineup every game) but Maine still was superior in virtually every phase but goaltending (and that's because I think the poor kid might have been at risk of falling asleep). The only positive for us was in net. Watson played very well and Cherapak let in a couple that I think he'd like back (particularly the 2nd one) but he also stole quite a few and looked composed under heavy pressure. Those guys earned their way this weekend and we will need them to continue even if the rest of the team ups their game.

Not much else to say after a lost weekend other than a couple of points: (1) This is a continuation of last year's road woes. We play competitively at home but get thrashed on the road. The competition was much better than in our exhibitions, but that doesn't fully explain the difference in play. The staff and the team have to figure that out right away. (2) There's no way on God's Green Earth that Maine is a 9th place team in HE. They were perfectly set up this weekend - opening at home to full houses on a big campus weekend against a team that didn't play well - but, that was a team that should compete in their upper echelon of their league. I think some HE coaches may regret their votes and I'm sure Ben will use that as motivation for his team in big games later this season.

Comment

• Originally posted by Ralph Baer View Post

What evidence are you looking for only 3 months into the job, from someone who ultimately reports to the President?

Comment

• Originally posted by rpi82 View Post
                            It was a very disappointing weekend. There's no way to sugar coat that. Day 1 the boys seemed extremely tentative and Maine was just outskating them at every opportunity. They also lost almost every puck battle and struggled to clear the puck. Those issues are related as Maine didn't fear being outskated so they pinched in at every opportunity. Even the weakside D was staying in or barely straying outside the blue line because they knew that even if the puck got out of the zone the risk of a breakaway or odd-man rush was small. On Saturday the skating was a little better (Payant and Hotson have to be in the lineup every game) but Maine still was superior in virtually every phase but goaltending (and that's because I think the poor kid might have been at risk of falling asleep). The only positive for us was in net. Watson played very well and Cherapak let in a couple that I think he'd like back (particularly the 2nd one) but he also stole quite a few and looked composed under heavy pressure. Those guys earned their way this weekend and we will need them to continue even if the rest of the team ups their game.

Not much else to say after a lost weekend other than a couple of points: (1) This is a continuation of last year's road woes. We play competitively at home but get thrashed on the road. The competition was much better than in our exhibitions, but that doesn't fully explain the difference in play. The staff and the team have to figure that out right away. (2) There's no way on God's Green Earth that Maine is a 9th place team in HE. They were perfectly set up this weekend - opening at home to full houses on a big campus weekend against a team that didn't play well - but, that was a team that should compete in their upper echelon of their league. I think some HE coaches may regret their votes and I'm sure Ben will use that as motivation for his team in big games later this season.
                            I agree. Maine looked sharp, RPI played poorly. This can happen on an opening weekend on the road, but a big-time wake-up call for RPI. My expectations for this season were reasonable--better seeding in the ECAC with the goal of getting to the conference championship weekend--but the performance was really disappointing. The players can do so much better. Last night better, but still not good. I'll be interested in hearing Dave Smith's radio hit this week.

Comment

LOL, Josh literally committed four months before Red passed away and Brad visited campus at that time to. It was a done deal when Barr took over but by all means believe whatever you want.
                              Gimme a break....let's deal with FACTS.....not your revisionist history that frames Gendron (RIP) as some recruiting god.

Comment

I plan on marrying Taylor Swift in the next five years.
                                She's way above your pay grade.

Comment

Working...
                                X