Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Ben Barr has a really talented team. And he has installed a great system. They are fast and they swarm all over the ice.
    Tonight, we will have to be better at getting the puck out of our own end and win some 50/50 pucks. And it wouldn't hurt to win a face of once in a while.
    We got to see them at their best, now we have to show up, and keep their shots down to a reasonable number.

Lets go RED!!!!!!!!!!!

Those who would give up essential liberty to purchase a little temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety.
    Benjamin Franklin
    The harder I practice, the luckier I get.
    Gary Player

Comment

• Originally posted by engineerhockeyfan View Post
      Ben Barr has a really talented team. And he has installed a great system. They are fast and they swarm all over the ice.
      Tonight, we will have to be better at getting the puck out of our own end and win some 50/50 pucks. And it wouldn't hurt to win a face of once in a while.
      We got to see them at their best, now we have to show up, and keep their shots down to a reasonable number.

Lets go RED!!!!!!!!!!!
      Imagine that he has a really talented team with a great system after year 3 at a state school who’s nearly bankrupt. Crazy

Comment

• Originally posted by Engineers View Post
        I wonder if Benny will show some mercy on his alma mater? He might show Dave who’s boss after losing out on the head coaching position for absolutely stupid reasons. Benny might be getting his point across haha
        I think we have our answer........ HA HA !!
        ""Ralph is the Chuck Norris of this board. Ralph doesnt sleep he just waits." - fishcore12

Comment

• Originally posted by Wicked Slappaahs View Post

I think we have our answer........ HA HA !!
          Agreed! Lol score should have been 6-1

Comment

• Originally posted by rpi82 View Post

That was about the only good news - he looked like the freshman Watson. I agree that if he plays like that all season we will win quite a few games. However, we have to do a much better job in front of him. Their skating, stick work and anticipation had our guys on their heels virtually the entire game. Ben had them very well prepared.

I don't know whether it was a brilliant recruiting job or Ben just got lucky with the Nadeaus (although they played junior hockey out west they are from a tiny New Brunswick town just across the St. John river from Maine), but he has put Maine hockey in a position to rise back to HE prominence. It wasn't just the #1 line either - they were impressive top to bottom and from the net on out. Let's hope we can ratchet up our game and at least slow them down a little tomorrow.
            Maine’s first and second lines are all from the previous regime.
            Originally posted by BobbyBrady
            Crosby probably wouldn't even be on BC's top two lines next year

Comment

• Originally posted by rpi82 View Post

That was about the only good news - he looked like the freshman Watson. I agree that if he plays like that all season we will win quite a few games. However, we have to do a much better job in front of him. Their skating, stick work and anticipation had our guys on their heels virtually the entire game. Ben had them very well prepared.

I don't know whether it was a brilliant recruiting job or Ben just got lucky with the Nadeaus (although they played junior hockey out west they are from a tiny New Brunswick town just across the St. John river from Maine), but he has put Maine hockey in a position to rise back to HE prominence. It wasn't just the #1 line either - they were impressive top to bottom and from the net on out. Let's hope we can ratchet up our game and at least slow them down a little tomorrow.
              Ben is a great recruiter and coach...he's gained his experience working for guys like Carvel, Lehman, and Murray. No one should be surprised at what he is building at Maine --remember that Monty was on the selection committee and Ken Ralph was the AD at Maine.
              ""Ralph is the Chuck Norris of this board. Ralph doesnt sleep he just waits." - fishcore12

Comment

• Originally posted by Drew S. View Post

I'm sure the wheels were in motion when Gendron & Co landed Josh, but pretty sure Barr can get credit for landing Bradly as he committed like 5 months after he was hired.

Comment

• Originally posted by tylerzx2002 View Post

I'm sure the wheels were in motion when Gendron & Co landed Josh, but pretty sure Barr can get credit for landing Bradly as he committed like 5 months after he was hired.
                  He couldn’t officially commit until then because of the new NCAA rules.

Comment

• Originally posted by Engineers View Post

Imagine that he has a really talented team with a great system after year 3 at a state school who’s nearly bankrupt. Crazy
                    Maine is currently getting (or might already be finished) with multi-million dollar renovations to the Alfond and other sports facilities. They are certainly not broke.

Comment

• Originally posted by sezenack View Post

Maine is currently getting (or might already be finished) with multi-million dollar renovations to the Alfond and other sports facilities. They are certainly not broke.
                      Sure

Comment

Maine got a nine figure donation from the Alfond family(who fleeced Warren Buffett out of billions of dollars) a few years ago to upgrade facilities but because of cost increases it won’t go nearly as far as hoped. The underlying financial situation at the school/university system are a complete disaster.

Comment

I know nothing about University of Maine's finances, but I wouldn't necessarily draw inferences about a school's budget status based on investment in their sports program, particularly their flagship sport. West Virginia U is in such bad straits that they are laying off over 100 faculty and shutting down a significant percentage of their degree programs. I'll bet, however, that the football team's NIL program is growing quite nicely. Donors will ensure that.
                          Last edited by rpi82; 10-13-2023, 10:32 AM.

Comment

Maine got a nine figure donation from the Alfond family(who fleeced Warren Buffett out of billions of dollars) a few years ago to upgrade facilities but because of cost increases it won’t go nearly as far as hoped. The underlying financial situation at the school/university system are a complete disaster.
                            Didn't realize they were from a donation. I will rescind my statement

Comment

You probably should look at the campus and talk to some folks who work there before making the assumption that everything is great based on a gift from the Alfond foundation. Maine is dying slowly but surely except near the coast where people from away are buying everything in sight. Maine has far too many campuses and not near enough taxpayers to maintain the system.
                              I swear there ain't no heaven but I pray there ain't no hell.

Maine Hockey Love it or Leave it

Comment

Who is behind the bench now....he is running the show with whatever was or is on the cupboard...had this crew been run by (r.i.p.)Gendron, he would have stifled them to no end.

Comment

Working...
                                X