This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Bomber View Post
    Nice weekend match for BU. 6-1 6-0. No breaks of serve. : )

And now a bi-week. Bleh. Not a fan as we head down the stretch.
    Well now, it would take quite a few service breaks to get to that score! :-)
    BU Hockey: The trophy case is once again growing

Comment

• Originally posted by BU93 View Post

Everyone knows this is going to happen, right? I’m mentally preparing myself by thinking about it every single day.

The last time this came close to happening was in 1990 if everyone recalls. That was my freshman year. That was a very fun run to get there beating North Dakota 2 of 3 at home and beating what I think was #1 Michigan State 2 of 3 on the road. That was a long time ago but I remember it like it was yesterday.
      Many BU and BC fans were claiming they should move the championship game to Boston if we both won their semifinal game. Neither team did :-(

As I'm sure you recall, both the UND and MSU series required comebacks after losing the first game. And against MSU, game three required a comeback from being down 3-1 in the game. The legend of Tony Amonte was in high gear. I made it out to Lansing for game 3, and declined the many offers for FF tickets from the Spartan fans after the game ended, knowing BU would have tickets for us. They couldn't fathom that we might win that series.

That was my senior year. Such a great run after a few forgettable years.
      BU Hockey: The trophy case is once again growing

Comment

And now a bi-week. Bleh. Not a fan as we head down the stretch.
        Normally I'm not either, but we've got a bunch of guys very banged up right now. A week off for Dylan, Ty, and others to heal up for the stretch run may be a blessing in disguise right now.
        ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Comment

• Originally posted by defkit View Post

Many BU and BC fans were claiming they should move the championship game to Boston if we both won their semifinal game. Neither team did :-(

As I'm sure you recall, both the UND and MSU series required comebacks after losing the first game. And against MSU, game three required a comeback from being down 3-1 in the game. The legend of Tony Amonte was in high gear. I made it out to Lansing for game 3, and declined the many offers for FF tickets from the Spartan fans after the game ended, knowing BU would have tickets for us. They couldn't fathom that we might win that series.

That was my senior year. Such a great run after a few forgettable years.
          I know that it’s been talked about before on this board, but that season was just a lot of fun. Between the upsets over MSU, the Beanpot, and entertaining hockey led by Amonte and MacEachern, there were some great memories there.

Comment

• Originally posted by defkit View Post

Well now, it would take quite a few service breaks to get to that score! :-)
            I meant that BU didn't get broken. UConn on the other hand....

It Happened!!!!

Comment

• Is this bye week a schedule quirk/random thing or is there more to it than that? Such a bad time to be off.
              Tom T.

Comment

• Originally posted by Tmtroiano View Post
                Is this bye week a schedule quirk/random thing or is there more to it than that? Such a bad time to be off.
                Since HE has an odd number of teams, everyone ends up with a bye week or two during the year.

Given we have two players who got hurt last weekend and have played 11 games in the last 30 days, I think this is actually a great time for the team to rest. Especially since they still have two regular season games to get back on schedule before starting the postseason.

Jay noted this after Saturday, but because of the Beanpot and the two Tuesday NU games in January, this past week was only the third full week of "normal" Sunday-Thursday rest and practice they've had since the start of 2024.
                ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Comment

• I'm sure you all saw the ASU/Alaska fight and brawl, yes? Did you also see that the game had the most penalty minutes since Feb 9, 2008 (Caniusis and RIT). Before that it was.... Anyone? Anyone?

BU-Maine. Jan 24, 2004 at Walter Brown Arena. 268 penalty minutes. *eye buldge* BU won the game 1-0.
                  It Happened!!!!

Comment

• A little bye week speculation to pass the time. So I know the chances of Macklin staying for his sophomore year are slim, but humor me. If it happens, I'm guessing that Celebrini/Eiserman/(warm body) will be the best line in BU history. Any thoughts? What line would hold that title at the moment? For me it's McEachern/Amonte/Tkachuk.

Comment

• Originally posted by lifeoncommave View Post
                      A little bye week speculation to pass the time. So I know the chances of Macklin staying for his sophomore year are slim, but humor me. If it happens, I'm guessing that Celebrini/Eiserman/(warm body) will be the best line in BU history. Any thoughts? What line would hold that title at the moment? For me it's McEachern/Amonte/Tkachuk.
                      The 1991 line is as exciting as I can remember. On pure #’s probably 1976-77 the Rick Meagher line has to be considered. Now I’m not positive that Silk was on that line but you have Meagher 34-36-80, Eruzione 23-41-64 and Silk 35-30-65. Throw in Dick Lamby as a defenseman 9-36-45.

Comment

I'm sure you all saw the ASU/Alaska fight and brawl, yes? Did you also see that the game had the most penalty minutes since Feb 9, 2008 (Caniusis and RIT). Before that it was.... Anyone? Anyone?

BU-Maine. Jan 24, 2004 at Walter Brown Arena. 268 penalty minutes. *eye buldge* BU won the game 1-0.
                        Oh.... that was one of the games i made while i was there. Largely because i had/have an internet friend from Maine. That was quite the game for the sin bin.

Comment

• Originally posted by lifeoncommave View Post
                          A little bye week speculation to pass the time. So I know the chances of Macklin staying for his sophomore year are slim, but humor me. If it happens, I'm guessing that Celebrini/Eiserman/(warm body) will be the best line in BU history. Any thoughts? What line would hold that title at the moment? For me it's McEachern/Amonte/Tkachuk.
                          Fun thought, but Macklin's going to be playing with Connor Bedard next season. : )

It Happened!!!!

Comment

Fun thought, but Macklin's going to be playing with Connor Bedard next season. : )

Who do you think was better equipped to start their NHL career Eichel or MC? I say Eichel for overall game but Celebrini for pure offensive ability. The Blackhawks shouldn’t be rewarded for their inept organization I hope he doesn’t go there. Is there a lottery for the draft order I can’t remember

Comment

I’d read on this blog in the late summer that Macklin’s dad had said he wanted him to stay at BU for two years…. What happened to that?

Comment

• Originally posted by OldAlum View Post
                                I’d read on this blog in the late summer that Macklin’s dad had said he wanted him to stay at BU for two years…. What happened to that?
                                What do we need to do to make that happen? NIL pool?

Comment

Working...
                                X