Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Say what you want about this team about not being perfect - they certainly are not - but they have stayed in every game whether they are playing good, badly, or somewhere in between. They have yet to take a night off effort wise. I certainly expect more consistency at this point in the season with the players they have. We’re in the tournament and most likely we are one of the 1 seeds. All that matters now is how the team plays in the 2 tournaments, especially the NCAA. I have a feeling BC could be on the menu at least once. The team is certainly capable, they just need to perform in those situations.

As much as wanted BC to lose today, there is a silver lining. UMass dropped to 15 in the PWR. Since they host the regional in Springfield and have to be placed there, it makes it easier to put BU and BC in the 2 eastern regionals if UMass doesn’t make it in.

Comment

• Originally posted by BU93 View Post
      Say what you want about this team about not being perfect - they certainly are not - but they have stayed in every game whether they are playing good, badly, or somewhere in between. They have yet to take a night off effort wise. I certainly expect more consistency at this point in the season with the players they have. We’re in the tournament and most likely we are one of the 1 seeds. All that matters now is how the team plays in the 2 tournaments, especially the NCAA. I have a feeling BC could be on the menu at least once. The team is certainly capable, they just need to perform in those situations.

As much as wanted BC to lose today, there is a silver lining. UMass dropped to 15 in the PWR. Since they host the regional in Springfield and have to be placed there, it makes it easier to put BU and BC in the 2 eastern regionals if UMass doesn’t make it in.
      UMass actually has a better chance at a 3 seed than they do of not making it at all. That being said how would you like this regional. 2 BU 7 Quinnipiac 9-12 UMass and 15 Holy Cross. Holy Cross is red hot at 23 PWR and is likely even better than 25 RIT. The CCHA is ranked lower and is likely the 16 seed to play BC in Providence.

Comment

• Originally posted by BC/HE View Post

UMass actually has a better chance at a 3 seed than they do of not making it at all. That being said how would you like this regional. 2 BU 7 Quinnipiac 9-12 UMass and 15 Holy Cross. Holy Cross is red hot at 23 PWR and is likely even better than 25 RIT. The CCHA is ranked lower and is likely the 16 seed to play BC in Providence.
        HEA could get 5 teams in easily so a 1-4 matchup would be allowed.
        a legend and an out of work bum look a lot alike, daddy.

Comment

• Originally posted by mookie1995 View Post

HEA could get 5 teams in easily so a 1-4 matchup would be allowed.
          Technically, yes. But I don’t think they would. There are other options they can take to avoid it. Just my opinion.

Comment

Technically, yes. But I don’t think they would. There are other options they can take to avoid it. Just my opinion.
            Isn’t the ncaa guideline that they don’t schedule inter-conference matchups, UNLESS they have 4 (or is it 5?, 6?) teams in the field??
            prolly best answered by Sioux fans :-)
            a legend and an out of work bum look a lot alike, daddy.

Comment

• Originally posted by mookie1995 View Post

Isn’t the ncaa guideline that they don’t schedule inter-conference matchups, UNLESS they have 4 (or is it 5?, 6?) teams in the field??
              prolly best answered by Sioux fans :-)
              I don't see the NCAA ever scheduling a conference match-up in the 1st round. Pretty sure avoiding this is still a required criteria when picking the field.
              It Happened!!!!

Comment

• 5 or 6 teams from the same conference could present a situation where they allow an intra-conference matchup to preserve bracket integrity. Still have some time before. Just keep winning, and let everything else sort itself out.

BU Alum '07

Comment

• The rules (page 16, here) say if five or more teams from a conference make it, they can schedule intra-conference to preserve the integrity of the bracket. That would mean if two conference teams fall on the S-curve (1-16, 2-15, etc.) and there's 5+ from that conference, they can keep it. The only way that would line up for us is if UMass is seed 13 or 14 and we're seed 3 or 4. They will not keep us east to play a 2-13/14 game in Springfield.

But there is no rule that allows them to create an intra-conference matchup based on reduction of travel. So they would not keep #2 BU east against UMass to prevent us from unnecessary travel to MO/SD.
                  Last edited by brassbonanza; 02-19-2024, 12:10 PM.
                  ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Comment

• Latest bracketology on USCHO looks about as good as it gets. BU-RIT and Maine-WMU Without UMass in the picture, it’s a clear path to Springfield with RIT in the first round with the winner facing a Maine-Western Michigan winner. I know there’s a bit to go, but I like this one with some of the other possibilities that might pop up. Negatives - first game may lack motivation. we beat Western last year - they will want us bad. I don’t like facing conference rivals in the tournament, but it may not be able to be avoided this year (0-1 vs Maine all time in Regionals, but we did have that big win once upon a time at the next level) Debate

Comment

Latest bracketology on USCHO looks about as good as it gets. BU-RIT and Maine-WMU Without UMass in the picture, it’s a clear path to Springfield with RIT in the first round with the winner facing a Maine-Western Michigan winner. I know there’s a bit to go, but I like this one with some of the other possibilities that might pop up. Negatives - first game may lack motivation. we beat Western last year - they will want us bad. I don’t like facing conference rivals in the tournament, but it may not be able to be avoided this year (0-1 vs Maine all time in Regionals, but we did have that big win once upon a time at the next level) Debate
                      Be careful what you wish for. RIT's goalie Scarfone is one of the 10 finalists for the Richter award. We all know that excellent goaltenders can steal playoff games. RIT is likely to end up in PWR right about where Northeastern will fall. They are 25th now and could rise to about 20th if they win out which is likely since Atlantic Hockey plays all playoff games on campus.

Comment

• Originally posted by BC/HE View Post

Be careful what you wish for. RIT's goalie Scarfone is one of the 10 finalists for the Richter award. We all know that excellent goaltenders can steal playoff games. RIT is likely to end up in PWR right about where Northeastern will fall. They are 25th now and could rise to about 20th if they win out which is likely since Atlantic Hockey plays all playoff games on campus.
                        All the goalies will be a challenge to some degree when you gent to the tournament. For RIT’s Hockey East games 1-2 ( split vs UNH and loss vs Maine), a 4.00 GAA 0.886 SV%. Not great, but I understand what you’re saying. Like I said, have to have the max effort put out against anyone you are playing, or you will lose. Not really wishing for anything but playing East. There are certainly harder first round opponents though.

Comment

Latest bracketology on USCHO looks about as good as it gets. BU-RIT and Maine-WMU Without UMass in the picture, it’s a clear path to Springfield with RIT in the first round with the winner facing a Maine-Western Michigan winner. I know there’s a bit to go, but I like this one with some of the other possibilities that might pop up. Negatives - first game may lack motivation. we beat Western last year - they will want us bad. I don’t like facing conference rivals in the tournament, but it may not be able to be avoided this year (0-1 vs Maine all time in Regionals, but we did have that big win once upon a time at the next level) Debate
                          Wow. That would have EVERYONE up in arms for what an easy path BU would have to the Frozen Four.

Lots of hockey left, so not going to worry about brackets yet, but ...

It Happened!!!!

Comment

• Originally posted by Bomber View Post

Wow. That would have EVERYONE up in arms for what an easy path BU would have to the Frozen Four.

Lots of hockey left, so not going to worry about brackets yet, but ...
                            Easy? Bite your tongue. NOTHING is easy.

Comment

• Originally posted by Scarlet View Post

Easy? Bite your tongue. NOTHING is easy.
                              And that's why they play the games.

Wasn't a win in the first round an easy road to the Beanpot? How'd THAT turn out?

Comment

• BU’s block of tickets at UConn are in the side of the arena where BU shoots once. And are benches. And literally next to the student section. Ridiculous.

Comment

Working...
                                X