Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• No other impressions on last night’s tie? I think if we hadn’t lost 2 to BC and NU in the last 2 weeks (maybe split those 4), I wouldn’t mind a tie down there. I think tonight is a must win at home for confidence and to help maintain top 4 in the PWR. If we had a regulation win, we would have moved into #2. North Dakota got thumped by Colorado College.

Comment

• PC is a very strong defensive team, and it showed. Good bounceback performance from Caron.
      ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Comment

• Originally posted by brassbonanza View Post
        PC is a very strong defensive team, and it showed. Good bounceback performance from Caron.
        I think they tie up sticks and stay on bodies better than almost anyone.

Comment

• Out skated, out hustled, and out pressured on the puck. PC wanted it much more than we did.

Comment

• While I thought we looked very good in the BP final, last night was a different story. But I credit a lot of that to Leaman. We used a very different breakout than we usually do - straight ahead passes by the d up along the boards, very few diagonal passes to a streaking center or winger. I guess it's the only way to counter their schemes. PC really limited our offensive opportunities off the rush. Hopefully having last change will help us be able to play our style.

Guys that had a good first half have cooled off: Lachance, Tuch (other than the BP opener), Kaplan. Quinn Hutson is looking more one dimensional lately.

I would like to see some line-up changes tonight to light a fire. Somehow we actually moved up to a tie to #2 in the Pairwise last night, but I have a feeling a drop of 2-3 spots awaits us if we don't win tonight (I won't claim to understand how it works at all).
            BU Hockey: The trophy case is once again growing

Comment

• Great job getting the win tonight. We really needed that!

Comment

• CC thumped North Dakota….again! So, solo 2 in PWR. A successful weekend after all was said and done.

Comment

• Originally posted by BU93 View Post
                  CC thumped North Dakota….again! So, solo 2 in PWR. A successful weekend after all was said and done.
                  I would love to see this team stay out of the box and win a 1-0 or 2-0 game!

Comment

• A few thoughts on last night's game:

- I'm glad that Jay juggled the lines. The team needed a jolt/shake-up.
                    - Caron's confidence seems low right now. Hopefully a W will get him back on track
                    - Too many penalties. Having said that, Jay was not happy with the officiating
                    - This was one of the chippiest games of the season. It will be interesting how it goes down of we see the Friars in the HE Tournament
                    - Gallagher got a lot of ice-time last night. He's gotta work on his puck control. He had another unforced error turnover last night that coulda/shoulda ended up in the back of the net.
                    - Nicky Z is heating up! He was snake-bit in the first half. It's good to see them start to go in for him.
                    - The Grandson just finds a way to get pucks into the net. A good attribute, that.

BU Hockey: Home Stretch
                    Last edited by Bomber; 02-18-2024, 10:51 AM.
                    It Happened!!!!

Comment

• Originally posted by Bomber View Post
                      - The Grandson just finds a way to get pucks into the net. A good attribute, that.
                      Saw him play in HS. You could tell he was growing into the tools back then, but I never would have thought he would score this much, this soon.

Comment

A few thoughts on last night's game:

It will be interesting how it goes down if we see the Friars in the HE Tournament

BU Hockey: Home Stretch
                        We won't have to wait that long. Unfortunately, we have to go back to Schneider for one more game...
                        Also, I don't think the "penalty thing" can be rectified at this point. You can't change the personalities...most of these penalties are needless, ego-like ("Don't push ME around!") penalties that occur in scrums after the whistle. Many high-skilled, high-ego players don't know how to walk away. It's easy to bait these guys and that's unfortunate.

Comment

• I’m not one to complain about the officiating - as I’ve said here, just kill the penalty. Which they did last night. But a couple of the calls on BU were kinda soft, and there were about two instances where a penalty should have been called on Providence and weren’t.

It was definitely chippy. Cade Webber in particular was hot about something. I like seeing that fire, but I get nervous it will go too far and then get one of those aforementioned stupid penalties.

I loved Caron skating to the Dog Pound and jumped on the glass after the game. If he is struggling a bit, the Dog Pound showed they were still behind him and I think he really appreciates that.

Comment

A few thoughts on last night's game:

- I'm glad that Jay juggled the lines….
                            Didn’t the last guy get reamed for don’t this? Not allowing peeps to gel?
                            a legend and an out of work bum look a lot alike, daddy.

Comment

• Granted I only saw the last 2 periods but I didn’t think they looked solid at all. Scrambled like crazy for much of the last 2 periods even when even strength. I’m not seeing it with this team. Dumb selfish penalties most of the stick variety and lax defensive play and turnovers. Caron actually bailed them out last night. The PC goal where Stevens was out to lunch and Tuch half assed the back check was so emblematic of the team imo
                              Last edited by Jofa; 02-18-2024, 04:05 PM.

Comment

• Originally posted by mookie1995 View Post

Didn’t the last guy get reamed for don’t this? Not allowing peeps to gel?
                                There are 4 games left in the season. * eye roll *
                                It Happened!!!!

Comment

Working...
                                X