• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• That was a nice shift. Glad they got the reward at the end

Comment

• It ain't over till it's over.

Comment

• Up three goals in the third and they can’t seem to keep their skates on BC’s neck.

Comment

• Wooo!

Comment

• Originally posted by Scarlet View Post
            Up three goals in the third and they can’t seem to keep their skates on BC’s neck.
            Phew…

Comment

• Originally posted by Scarlet View Post
              Up three goals in the third and they can’t seem to keep their skates on BC’s neck.
              Figured you were watching the last couple minutes in a puddle
              a legend and an out of work bum look a lot alike, daddy.

Comment

• Had ‘em the whole time.

: )
                It Happened!!!!

Comment

• Although we almost coughed up a 3 goal lead with 12 minutes to go, that game restores my faith in what this team can accomplish. That was a tournament game on neutral ice where we got the best of a top tier team with an excellent goaltender. I think the difference was getting the lead after we jumped on them early for the 3rd straight game. We were opportunistic in the second and third which was required since we didn’t generate many shots. We didn’t look great defensively most of the 3rd until the last minute- which is ultimately the most important time. BC has some guns and moves the puck quickly and accurately in the offensive zone. They are a handful. M. Celebrini was a difference maker - and what do you know - he scored on that one timer from the circle! It was a perfect shot - no chance for Fowler (and probably any NHL goalie as well). Great night for Tuch as well.

I enjoyed watching it - now I wish I had chosen to go to this game instead of last weekend! On to our 56th Final! (That a 0.789 first round winning % - one of the more incredible stats about BU hockey!)

Comment

• Does anyone know what sections at the Garden were BU fans and what sections were Northeastern? I’m buying tickets to bring my daughter and I don’t want to end up in completely hostile territory

Comment

• Does anyone know what sections at the Garden were BU fans and what sections were Northeastern? I’m buying tickets to bring my daughter and I don’t want to end up in completely hostile territory.

Comment

• Originally posted by Mellow1 View Post
                        Does anyone know what sections at the Garden were BU fans and what sections were Northeastern? I’m buying tickets to bring my daughter and I don’t want to end up in completely hostile territory.
                        301-309 in the Balcony
                        1-7 in the Loge
                        It Happened!!!!

Comment

• Anyone else think that last night was the worst showing by BU in the three games versus BC? Got some puck luck that they didn’t in the first two games, but I thought BC clearly dominated the play last night and BU was lucky to hang on. BC didn’t dominate play in the first two games like they did last night. I thought BU carried the play in the first two games, though not to the extent BC did last night, but couldn’t solve Fowler.

Comment

• I think BU came out like a house on fire and #71 unleashed two NHL level shots (with space! Space he didn't have much of in the two-game series.) and then they continued to dominate during their second power play of the period (If they want to win in March/April, they need to get a game like this to 3-0.) And then ran out of steam a bit near the end of the period.

Period Two - things got sloppy. The first 5 minutes was all BC (As I expected) I felt like they started to play tight and in their attempt to keep it simple, threw around a lot of panic-passes. (Not for nothing, but the call on Kaplan in the second that led to BC's PP goal was super soft.) - The end of the 2nd was super sloppy for both teams

Period Three - I said if they got the 4th, that would be the nail in the coffin (So BC's two goals were my fault.) - but yeah, I knew 3 wasn't going to do it. The most painful moment of the game was when Peterson had the puck on the red line (The red line!) and flung it back to Gallagher (Who played a LOT, BTW. Interesting. I gotta go review the ice-time stats) and then Gallagher coughed it up at the half wall, the BC kids flings it to a kid who hadn't scored a goal all season and boom, BC's back in the game. Late in the period, someone on the BU bench figured out that if they cycled the puck in BC's end, it makes it harder for them to score. This new-found offense resulted in a few scoring chances. One of which was another alone on goalie for Tuck. Speaking of which... They didn't have very many alone on goalie plays last weekend, but alas, quite a few last night.

In the end, they survived. Hopefully they learn from it and grow and develop the ability to finish stronger down the stretch. Oh, and meanwhile, Northeastern was the best team last night. BU is going to have to play better to win the Pot

BU Hockey: BeanpotU
                            Last edited by Bomber; 02-07-2024, 09:10 AM.
                            It Happened!!!!

Comment

• Where do you find ice time stats? Thanks.
                              I will not be out cheered in my own building.

Comment

• I also noticed Gallagher seemed to be on the ice quite a bit and cringed on the pass backwards and him proceeding into the BU zone. I knew that was probably going to end up in the back of the net. Don’t do that with a 4 goal lead, just send it forward. I was wondering why he was getting some major time, especially late.

I also neglected to credit Caron again. He made some spectacular saves to keep the score down early. He was very excited about the win with his jump in the air after the final horn. He gets it!

Comment

Working...
                                X