This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by ericredaxe View Post
    Is it just me? Or did that look like every line change that every team makes all season?

with that said they got a bury a couple more of those 41 shots on net.

attendance listed at 4,009. Not bad for a Tuesday… but why Tuesday? Weird evening for a game. Midweek games on a Thursday would seem to be a better choice.
    Isn't this Beanpot related scheduling?
    Tom T.

Comment

• It is never a true NU-BU overtime without an officiating controversy!

Comment

• I'm trying not to be a Sports Radio caller here, but ... This is the second year that this team has gone into a swoon at Beanpot time. Color me a wee bit concerned.

Is some of this because Kaplan's injury cement mixered the lines?

How do they make more plays in the dirty area?

BU Hockey: Weren't We Called BeanpotU?
        It Happened!!!!

Comment

• From the video and pictures I'm seeing on line today of the TMM penalty, the call looks a bit more legit than it did in person. Hutson is on the ice, the player coming off for him is farther away than Petersen is, when Petersen swoops through with the puck.

Comment

• Originally posted by PullTheGoalie View Post
            From the video and pictures I'm seeing on line today of the TMM penalty, the call looks a bit more legit than it did in person. Hutson is on the ice, the player coming off for him is farther away than Petersen is, when Petersen swoops through with the puck.
            I don't know, the whole thing seemed completely inconsequential to the play that was unfolding. I don't know if BU had been given a warning or if the Keefe complaint from last meeting was a factor. Just didn't look to me like something that should be called.

Comment

• I was sitting right on top of the BU bench and I thought Hutson was asking for it. He was on the ice well prior to the sequence he got called for.

It’s not a feel good call for either side, but BU is dominating OT up to that point though. Why do anything that remotely resembles TMM? A few extra seconds on the ice doesn’t buy you anything in that scenario

I’m not sure if BU got a warning from the last game where multiple TMM situations were blatant and did effect play. Warning or not they sure heard about it and should have been more disciplined.

Comment

• The previous NU game was on a Tuesday as well. Which made me think it has something to do with them.
                Go BU!

Comment

• Originally posted by Bomber View Post
                  I'm trying not to be a Sports Radio caller here, but ... This is the second year that this team has gone into a swoon at Beanpot time. Color me a wee bit concerned.

Is some of this because Kaplan's injury cement mixered the lines?

How do they make more plays in the dirty area?

BU Hockey: Weren't We Called BeanpotU?
                  Well, last year they went to the FF, so if this year is the same, I’ll take it.
                  Frozen Fours: '86, '88, '90, '91, '92, '93, '95, '96, '98, '00, '01, '03, '04, '05, '09, '14, '15

Walter Brown, Agganis, Boston Garden-old/new, Matthews, McHugh, Kelly Rink, Bright, Tsongas, Lawler, Schneider, Providence CC, Alfond, Tully, Portland CC, Centrum, Whittemore, Snively, Hobey Baker Rink, Lynah, MSG, Gutterson, Houston Field House, Ingalls, Smith rink, Davis Rink, Pepsi Center, Bradley Center, St. Paul CC, Fenway, Mullins, Verizon, Joe Louis, HSBC, Nationwide, Messa, Perrotti.

Comment

• Originally posted by smyler3 View Post
                    The previous NU game was on a Tuesday as well. Which made me think it has something to do with them.
                    Not at all, beyond the fact that because both teams are very local. It is a convenience for the schedule makers. Both teams had a home game, and the slightly diminished gate. BC and NU have also played midweek games against each other and Harvard in recent years.

Comment

• Originally posted by J.D. View Post

I don't know, the whole thing seemed completely inconsequential to the play that was unfolding. I don't know if BU had been given a warning or if the Keefe complaint from last meeting was a factor. Just didn't look to me like something that should be called.
                      I think that there might have been some sort of conversation with the ref - to me it looked like the NU player on the far left was appealing for it. I'm biased, but I also think it was inconsequential to the play.

BU Alum '07

Comment

• I read it was the same ref crew as the Jan 30 game. Which may mean nothing, but interesting to note.

Comment

• After getting over the shock of losing 3 in a row, we can recover a bit from this with a few wins, namely UNH and BC in the next 2 games. We should stay in the top 4 and in the hunt for a #1 seed in one of the regionals. Lose those games, and well, that becomes real difficult in all likelihood . It’s difficult to predict what the other teams around us will do the remainder of the season. I think we’ll get back on track. The puck just doesn’t want to go in the net easily right now. All teams usually go through a stretch like this at some point. It’s good that it’s not late March or April! I’ll trade some tough times right now for a great finish.

Comment

• If someone put me in front of the team I would tell them to up their joy. Playing hockey is fun! Fling that puck around with some purpose and urgency. Find the joy in playing for each other. Keep your head up for shot opportunities and then be difficult to play against in front of the net.

BU Hockey: Team Psyche Test

It Happened!!!!

Comment

• I'm glad to see Jack Harvey on the wing with Macklin. I've been thinking that would be a good move . Jack was a top scorer for the Chicago Steel last year, largely because Macklin was his center. They apparently had chemistry and played well together. Sorta like the chemistry of the big BC NTDP-18 line. They know where their line mates will be without having to look. Hopefully this frees up both Macklin and Jack to do some serious scoring.

Comment

• Originally posted by OldAlum View Post
                                I'm glad to see Jack Harvey on the wing with Macklin. I've been thinking that would be a good move . Jack was a top scorer for the Chicago Steel last year, largely because Macklin was his center. They apparently had chemistry and played well together. Sorta like the chemistry of the big BC NTDP-18 line. They know where their line mates will be without having to look. Hopefully this frees up both Macklin and Jack to do some serious scoring.
                                I like giving this a try as well.

Comment

Working...
                                X