Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

BU '23-'24 Season: Pandomania

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • As I am fairly indifferent when it comes to both programs I can perhaps be a little more objective. Both teams played fairly good hockey and both games were competitive and fun to watch. These teams are likely correctly in a dog fight for the #1 and #2. However, after watching both games, I believe BC has slightly more depth, better freshman and executes in a more concise manor. I liked their neutral zone thoughtfulness. Lastly, as mentioned Fowler was the key. Expect a great Beanpot opener. Still anybody's hockey's game. Also BU needs to perhaps pass one less time in the ozone and just take advantage of some odd angle screens and let some shots fly when the lane isn't clear and see what happens.

    Comment


    • Gauthier's goal stunned BU, the ice was tilted in their favor at that point and then go into the locker room one down was tough to take. Tuck and LaChance are real loads, wow. They get in front of the net and you need a D9 to move them. The parade to the penalty box was really bad, but Posmer, Armstrong and Gasseau and Gauthier were up the task. Agree on Fowler, he was able to find the puck. Both teams are solid but as noted BC has a little bit more throughout the lineup. I think the excitement and interest in these games is going to bring more really high end talent to each school. Both have always recruited NHL talent level players but we are now talking about another level of skill. (first round skill) What elite player would not want to play on Comm Ave? Everyone else in HE should take note.
      Last edited by DNAEagle; 01-28-2024, 05:47 PM.

      Comment


      • Originally posted by Jofa View Post
        Well atleast there will be no debating anymore who the better team is. BC was better in all aspects of the game including coaching and intangibles. I think you will
        see more of the same in Beanpot. I don’t know what the official stats show but it seems they were ahead for 75% of the 120 minutes. BU had no answer for the BC FR line who scored 4 goals . BU doesn’t have a dominant line like that. Lane came up as small as his stature. I don’t think they can pass BC in pairwise now short of BC going into a slump.
        BU outplayed BC and Fowler was the big difference. I would not be so cocky that this will always being the case.

        Comment


        • Originally posted by meauxmo View Post
          BU outplayed BC and Fowler was the big difference. I would not be so cocky that this will always being the case.
          Fowler being better than Caron? I am confident in that but I agree, these were one goal games this weekend where BU never even had a lead. Could be a completely different story if they grab the first goal in the Beanpot. I hope we're all prepared for a potential redux of 2006 but with an NCAA matchup coming in the FF!

          Comment


          • Originally posted by meauxmo View Post

            BU outplayed BC ...I would not be so cocky that this will always being the case.
            I agree, BU outplaying BC will not always be the case.
            Originally posted by reBlur
            the sober Trivino I know is not a guy who would force his way into a girl's room and attempt to rape her. I can't imagine him ever making anyone even feel uncomfortable when he's sober.There are plenty of players in my time covering the team who have looked at me differently or flirted with me or the like. Trivino has never been one of those players. Even outside of the rink, he'll say hi and is plenty of friendly, but has never been even close to saying or doing anything inappropriate.

            Comment


            • Originally posted by meauxmo View Post

              BU outplayed BC and Fowler was the big difference. I would not be so cocky that this will always being the case.
              Butt hurt bubby?
              Originally posted by mookie1995
              bc is superior to bu in nearly everything. while it is sad that it has come to it, it's the truth. if bu doesn't like it, improve.
              Rep from Hokydad -"and your an old never been piece of ****"

              Originally Posted by Dirty
              Why is anyone surprised that Old Pio is acting like a grumpy old f^ck? He is a grumpy old f^ck.

              Comment


              • A few more thoughts.

                The atmosphere in both buildings was outstanding. ****ing awesome. It's just too bad BC's band is Atlantic Hockey level.

                Most of BC's goals were clean open looks - Shooter versus goaltender and the BC shooters are elite. (However, BU could have used one more save from Caron - particularly on Saturday.) - BU did not have many open looks. Their passing not quite as sharp and their triggers not quite as quick.

                They could have taken control of Saturday's game if they hadn't tried for extra passes that weren't there and if they could have cashed in on a slew of power plays dropped in their lap. That's the biggest frustration and sin of Saturday's game.

                #71 air-mailed a lot of shots. He's gotta hit more nets (Top corner blocker side would be nice.)

                #10's speed wasn't a factor all weekend. Is that because he was moved to center? I'd like to see flying free on a wing.

                #17 and #21 need to start putting some pucks in the net (I know that #21 is hurt and didn't play Saturday) I'm just thinking about the competitive health of the team overall.

                Did Jack Harvey skate regular shifts on Saturday? I barely remember him playing at all. Did #4 see the ice?

                Like I said already. BU can definitely improve aspects of their game, but they played hard both nights. BC was just better.

                I can't believe they have to play Tuesday night. Oooof. Talk about a let-down game ripe for another L. (6:30 face-off!?)

                BU Hockey: Lots of Hockey Left



                It Happened!!!!

                Comment


                • And I just watched BC's second goal on Friday night. Quinn Hutson hits a post, BC has a two-on-one, executes it perfectly, back of the net. Ball game.

                  It Happened!!!!

                  Comment


                  • Originally posted by Bomber View Post
                    A few more thoughts.

                    The atmosphere in both buildings was outstanding. ****ing awesome. It's just too bad BC's band is Atlantic Hockey level.

                    Most of BC's goals were clean open looks - Shooter versus goaltender and the BC shooters are elite. (However, BU could have used one more save from Caron - particularly on Saturday.) - BU did not have many open looks. Their passing not quite as sharp and their triggers not quite as quick.

                    They could have taken control of Saturday's game if they hadn't tried for extra passes that weren't there and if they could have cashed in on a slew of power plays dropped in their lap. That's the biggest frustration and sin of Saturday's game.

                    #71 air-mailed a lot of shots. He's gotta hit more nets (Top corner blocker side would be nice.)

                    #10's speed wasn't a factor all weekend. Is that because he was moved to center? I'd like to see flying free on a wing.

                    #17 and #21 need to start putting some pucks in the net (I know that #21 is hurt and didn't play Saturday) I'm just thinking about the competitive health of the team overall.

                    Did Jack Harvey skate regular shifts on Saturday? I barely remember him playing at all. Did #4 see the ice?

                    Like I said already. BU can definitely improve aspects of their game, but they played hard both nights. BC was just better.

                    I can't believe they have to play Tuesday night. Oooof. Talk about a let-down game ripe for another L. (6:30 face-off!?)

                    BU Hockey: Lots of Hockey Left


                    Absolutely agree with all of that. Especially the Celebrini comment. Also, I’m getting a little worn out from all the one timers from the right circle. Either the pass isn’t getting there fast enough, the shot isn’t quick enough, or his accuracy isn’t good enough. I think he’s like 2 for 40 on those. Almost all goalies are getting over and making the save easily at this level.

                    Band comment is spot on!

                    Comment


                    • Originally posted by theprofromdover View Post

                      Butt hurt bubby?
                      You always think about the butt ;-)
                      a legend and an out of work bum look a lot alike, daddy.

                      Comment


                      • Is good to see some BU BC hate and discontent on here.
                        I swear there ain't no heaven but I pray there ain't no hell.

                        Maine Hockey Love it or Leave it

                        Comment


                        • Fowler >>>> Caron was pretty evident this weekend


                          I expect BU to come out all kinds of ****ed off for the Beanpot

                          Comment


                          • Originally posted by bruinsfan11 View Post
                            Fowler >>>> Caron was pretty evident this weekend


                            I expect BU to come out all kinds of ****ed off for the Beanpot
                            For the Beanpot?? They need to come out all kinds of ****ed off for Northeastern tomorrow night. That’s a league game. No looking ahead.

                            And yeah, Celebrini either needs to come up with a new move other than the one timer from the right face off circle, or practice it more. Opponents are obviously expecting it every power play.

                            Comment


                            • Originally posted by mookie1995 View Post

                              You always think about the butt ;-)
                              And it’s also affecting his reading comprehension because the post he quoted when he posted that was actually a compliment for BC.

                              Comment


                              • Interesting to see Ty Gallagher go from good contributor first two years to your #7 dman?

                                Comment

                                Working...
                                X