Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Since TV (and common sense) has been a factor, has there ever been a year where BU-BC played the early game in the first round?

I doubt it

Comment

• Originally posted by Vermont2004 View Post
      Sweep BC!
      Close.

Sweep, BC!

Comment

• Originally posted by bruinsfan11 View Post
        Since TV (and common sense) has been a factor, has there ever been a year where BU-BC played the early game in the first round?

I doubt it
        BU-BC has only been the early game 3 times 1963 (Harvard defending champs), 1987 (BU defending champs), 1990 (Harvard defending champs), 1987 and 1990 were broadcast on TV, from what I can tell 1963 was not

Comment

• Originally posted by BUHockeyStats View Post

BU-BC has only been the early game 3 times 1963 (Harvard defending champs), 1987 (BU defending champs), 1990 (Harvard defending champs), 1987 and 1990 were broadcast on TV, from what I can tell 1963 was not

1987 and 1990 make sense as Harvard had played in the National Championship the year before, winning it in 1989, and losing by a goal in 1986 playing without Hobey Baker winner Scott Fusco who was injured in the semifinal.

Comment

• Originally posted by vermont2004 View Post
            sweep, bc!
            fyp.
            Originally posted by mookie1995
            bc is superior to bu in nearly everything. while it is sad that it has come to it, it's the truth. if bu doesn't like it, improve.
            Rep from Hokydad -"and your an old never been piece of ****"

Originally Posted by Dirty
            Why is anyone surprised that Old Pio is acting like a grumpy old f^ck? He is a grumpy old f^ck.

Comment

• One good period, 1 not so good. Unfortunately we didn’t score in our good period. Hopefully we can catch some momentum coming out in the 3rd.

Comment

• oh thats an interesting stat. 48% of BC goals allowed were third period goals.

Let's do this guys,

Comment

• Finally!

Comment

• Whelp. Win some goalie pulls and lose some ENGs. They went for it at least. Let's whup em tomorrow. Two good teams playing hard.

Comment

• Originally posted by bruinsfan11 View Post
                      Since TV (and common sense) has been a factor, has there ever been a year where BU-BC played the early game in the first round?

I doubt it
                      Well while you are exact in your recollection historically is correct. However correct me if I am wrong but I believe it was recently updated to continue on a exact same rotation, early and late game times and team v team swapping in order each year. So this new trend will continue.
                      Last edited by RossiRules; 01-26-2024, 10:14 PM.

Comment

• Originally posted by BU93 View Post
                        One good period, 1 not so good. Unfortunately we didn’t score in our good period. Hopefully we can catch some momentum coming out in the 3rd.
                        It's a different game if some of those shots hitting the post went into the net. Still it was a close game despite the score at the end.
                        NCAA Champs 2012, 2010, 2008, 2001, 1949, Hockey East Tourney Champs 2012 #11, Beanpot Champs 2016

Boston Red Sox 2004, 2007, 2013 Champs

Comment

• Originally posted by BCeagle View Post

It's a different game if some of those shots hitting the post went into the net. Still it was a close game despite the score at the end.
                          Was far from a clean game in terms of execution, but both teams played at an extremely high level. BC did so for a tad longer in the second when BU got gassed from killing some dumb penalties. That was probably Lane's worst game as a Terrier, not as much because of anything BC did. Even with that, they were right there in the end in a very, very tough road environment.
                          ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Comment

• What a fun game to watch, both teams playing fast. I thought BC's transition game was the difference in the game, BU wasn't able to get a ton of established zone time. A couple of posts didn't go BU's way and BC fanned on a couple of close opportunities in front. Great game

I'm really interested to see how BU approaches having last change. Looked like BC was trying to get the Gauthier, Gasseau and Jellvik line out against Celebrini's line most of the night. I'm guessing BU will look to get Cellebrini, Tuch and Kaplan out against the Smith or Ambrosio line tonight

Comment

• Brown commented after the game that Gauthier's assignment was to keep on Celebrini, he didn't take him out of the game but he minimized his chances. Both goalies were great, some great saves in both ends of the ice. Great game for each team and great for college hockey.

Comment

• on no!! We stink again!!
                                a legend and an out of work bum look a lot alike, daddy.

Comment

Working...
                                X