This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Bomber View Post

You could argue that the #1 and #2 picks off the board are BU players (Hutson and Celebrini), but then the next 3 picks might be BC players.
    BU Hockey: What's the X-Factor?
    Probably the next four actually, Gauthier and the USA line. Your point is basically the same though. Both teams are studded with top end talent. This weekend should be wild. I can't wait to experience the game time atmosphere. I'll be at both games and I am stoked for it. And nervous. The BC-BU rivalry, Hockey East, and college hockey as a whole is better when BC and BU are both competing at the top level. Iron sharpens iron.
    The ORIGINAL Cross Check

Frozen Four appearances since 98'
    BC - 12
    BU - 2

BC Hockey 1949, 2001, 2008, 2010, 2012 National Champions

Comment

• Originally posted by Bomber View Post

You could argue that the #1 and #2 picks off the board are BU players (Hutson and Celebrini), but then the next 3 picks might be BC players. Again, it's scary how closely matched these two teams are. How funny would it be if both games ended in ties and went to the shoot-out? (Not funny if that happens in the Beanpot. Not funny at all.)

BU Hockey: What's the X-Factor?
      I know it doesn't usually work out this way but it's a joke to see BC/BU play in first round this year. Not only because the two are so good this year but because Harvard and NU are having uncharacteristically poor seasons.

And whoever decided it was a good idea for these teams to play three times in about a week...nice scheduling.

Comment

• Originally posted by Cross Check View Post

Probably the next four actually, Gauthier and the USA line. Your point is basically the same though. Both teams are studded with top end talent. This weekend should be wild. I can't wait to experience the game time atmosphere. I'll be at both games and I am stoked for it. And nervous. The BC-BU rivalry, Hockey East, and college hockey as a whole is better when BC and BU are both competing at the top level. Iron sharpens iron.
        I have BC with 3 thru 6. Who is third on the BU list tough to say. No one breaking out yet though a bunch in consideration with Green, Tuch, Wilmer maybe Q though he’s been struggling, C. MCCarthy.

Comment

• This match up is great for college hockey. The competitiveness of the two teams only makes them both better although this year I would not overlook Maine. I would be a little surprised if either team sweeps. Going to be a lot of fun, toughest ticket in town right now.

Comment

• Just got into Boston today for the games from Florida. Let the countdown begin! This may be the most anticipated regular season games between these 2 storied programs. A sweep would be tough, and as someone mentioned, the road team seems to play better. Although it’s always fun to be there for wins at Conte, it would be nice to see a good home with most of the crowd getting into celebration mode! I don’t think I’ve ever said this in my life with these games, but with our ranking and standing in HE right now, I would be fine with a split. It keeps us 6 points in the clear for first. 4 points would be thrilling.

Comment

• Originally posted by J.D. View Post

I know it doesn't usually work out this way but it's a joke to see BC/BU play in first round this year. Not only because the two are so good this year but because Harvard and NU are having uncharacteristically poor seasons.

And whoever decided it was a good idea for these teams to play three times in about a week...nice scheduling.
              I thought it was predetermined the scheduling and rotating the teams each year and has nothing to do with standings.
              NCAA Champs 2012, 2010, 2008, 2001, 1949, Hockey East Tourney Champs 2012 #11, Beanpot Champs 2016

Boston Red Sox 2004, 2007, 2013 Champs

Comment

• Is UNH playing this weekend? Who cares? Go BU!!!
                I will not be out cheered in my own building.

Comment

• I thought it was predetermined the scheduling and rotating the teams each year and has nothing to do with standings.

It is a rotation, you can figure out who plays who in the first round 10 years from now, very simple.

Comment

• Sweep BC!

Comment

• Originally posted by DNAEagle View Post
                      I thought it was predetermined the scheduling and rotating the teams each year and has nothing to do with standings.

It is a rotation, you can figure out who plays who in the first round 10 years from now, very simple.

Yeah, I think this is true. The only thing I think that can be moved is which team gets the early vs late game. How is home team determined? Coin toss?

Comment

• Originally posted by Scarlet View Post

Yeah, I think this is true. The only thing I think that can be moved is which team gets the early vs late game. How is home team determined? Coin toss?
                        Home team is determined by random draw.

In regard to the discussion of top players in the game I am going to disagree on Hutson a bit. He may not be a top 2 here. May sound like heresy to BU fans but although he may be the most outstanding offensive defenseman in the game, he does come with some liability as shown in his -4 +/- rating. All the other players are well in the + category. I would suggest that Eamon Powell may be the #7 player here if we were to add the next one.

Comment

• Originally posted by BCeagle View Post

It is. But it just sucks that this year you have such a difference between the top two teams and bottom two.

Comment

• I can’t believe the weekend we are here the green line is closed from North Station to Babcock. Does the MBTA know what weekend this is?

Comment

• Sweep BC!

Comment

• I believe TV gets to pick which is the early and late games on the first night of the Beanpot. Does that sound correct?

They don't' pick the matchup. That's a rotation, as others have said.
                                Tom T.

Comment

Working...
                                X