This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by ericredaxe View Post

Box score attendance is listed as 10,633. If that continues I’d think there is no need to pair it with the mens game - especially as it could fracture attendance if different schools were in each champ game. Great for the ladies!

Given my low tolerance for $50 parking, $10 hot dogs and $18 cup of Molson, I’m actually less likely to attend at the Garden, but I’m still happy they were able to have that experience.
    No doubt, 10k plus justifies them having their own night. I'm not sure anyone expected that last night. Was great to see.

Comment

• It was jarring to see a #24 on the classic BU home white jersey.

Great night for women's sports! Bravo to all for making it happen and delivering on the #'s. The crowd shots were awesome. Speaking of which, I was hoping we would have gotten a shot of the men's team there in support.

Now, about this weekend... Needless to say, I've been thinking a lot about these games after watching BU on Saturday night and BC on Sunday. If you threw these two teams into a hat and held a draft, I think BC has more picks in the Top 10. BU is going to need step-up performances from a few "outside the top 10" guys to salvage points this weekend. And/or the goalie to play boobs out.

BU Hockey: They Just Might be Better?

It Happened!!!!

Comment

• Originally posted by Bomber View Post
        It was jarring to see a #24 on the classic BU home white jersey.

Great night for women's sports! Bravo to all for making it happen and delivering on the #'s. The crowd shots were awesome. Speaking of which, I was hoping we would have gotten a shot of the men's team there in support.

Now, about this weekend... Needless to say, I've been thinking a lot about these games after watching BU on Saturday night and BC on Sunday. If you threw these two teams into a hat and held a draft, I think BC has more picks in the Top 10. BU is going to need step-up performances from a few "outside the top 10" guys to salvage points this weekend. And/or the goalie to play boobs out.

Jarring to see "boobs out" in a post that begins with women's hockey. I've never seen that term in a hockey discussion.
        Tom T.

Comment

• I'm trying not to think about the games this weekend. I have enough going on in my life - I don't need the added anxiety. It would not surprise me if each team won their respective road games.

Comment

Speaking of which, I was hoping we would have gotten a shot of the men's team there in support.
            They were all most certainly there. They all came storming down to the glass after the tying goal and started banging on the glass. Garden security tried multiple times to stop them but hilariously failed.
            ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Comment

It was jarring to see a #24 on the classic BU home white jersey.

As a BC fan, both teams have high end forwards and high draft picks, both teams have quality goaltending and above average defense. To me, Hutson is the X-factor. That's the one thing BC doesn't have, the high end offensive defenseman.
              The ORIGINAL Cross Check

Frozen Four appearances since 98'
              BC - 12
              BU - 2

BC Hockey 1949, 2001, 2008, 2010, 2012 National Champions

Comment

• Originally posted by Scarlet View Post
                I'm trying not to think about the games this weekend. I have enough going on in my life - I don't need the added anxiety. It would not surprise me if each team won their respective road games.
                Expect the unexpected.

Comment

• Originally posted by BUHockeyStats View Post

They did not, I've look at all the national polls available online. In 1978 the last poll was before the conference tournament and Denver was #1, BU was #2

https://***********/BUHockeyStats/st...21443329130709
                  Yeah, guess I was mistaken.

Great game last night at the Garden. Glad to see the women’s team gaining exposure. 10,000+ is great. I was going to go until TicketMaster almost doubled my $25 ticket to $49.50 with their fees! Outrageous.

Looking forward to this weekend and attending Saturday. Not ready to consider the split yet, but BC will be tough. Amazing that with that high powered first line, BU scoring and defensive numbers are nearly identical to BC’s. It’s going to be wild.

on a side note, a USCHO article mentioned that T’s will be rocking. Not so much.
                  Frozen Fours: '86, '88, '90, '91, '92, '93, '95, '96, '98, '00, '01, '03, '04, '05, '09, '14, '15

Walter Brown, Agganis, Boston Garden-old/new, Matthews, McHugh, Kelly Rink, Bright, Tsongas, Lawler, Schneider, Providence CC, Alfond, Tully, Portland CC, Centrum, Whittemore, Snively, Hobey Baker Rink, Lynah, MSG, Gutterson, Houston Field House, Ingalls, Smith rink, Davis Rink, Pepsi Center, Bradley Center, St. Paul CC, Fenway, Mullins, Verizon, Joe Louis, HSBC, Nationwide, Messa, Perrotti.

Comment

• I saw that. When was the last time that writer was on campus?

Comment

• Originally posted by gambs View Post

on a side note, a USCHO article mentioned that T’s will be rocking. Not so much.

Our pre and post game options are lacking!

Comment

• Originally posted by gambs View Post
                        Amazing that with that high powered first line, BU scoring and defensive numbers are nearly identical to BC’s. It’s going to be wild.
                        I assume you are calling the freshmen line the first line. Taking PP goals out of it they have combined for 22 goals. Gauthier line has 25 non PP goals.

Comment

• Originally posted by Cross Check View Post

As a BC fan, both teams have high end forwards and high draft picks, both teams have quality goaltending and above average defense. To me, Hutson is the X-factor. That's the one thing BC doesn't have, the high end offensive defenseman.
                          You could argue that the #1 and #2 picks off the board are BU players (Hutson and Celebrini), but then the next 3 picks might be BC players. Again, it's scary how closely matched these two teams are. How funny would it be if both games ended in ties and went to the shoot-out? (Not funny if that happens in the Beanpot. Not funny at all.)

BU Hockey: What's the X-Factor?
                          It Happened!!!!

Comment

(Not funny if that happens in the Beanpot. Not funny at all.)
                            I'm actually predicting this will happen this season. And it will be a travesty for the losing team. I'm almost rooting for it so if nothing else, it could lead to someone finally coming to their senses and changing it back to the way it should be. (Look at the women's side, BC was undefeated technically in the Beanpot and had the second-best win % but came in fourth place, how stupid).

We're about to get a real treat this weekend though. So everyone stop and appreciate it. Lately these two seem to do well as visitors so let's just assume that will hold and they'll each split with a road win.

Originally posted by Greg Ambrose on 3/7/2010
                            The fact that you BC fans revel in the superiority of your team in an admittedly weak league leads me to believe you will be more sorely disappointed when the end comes than we will.

Comment

• Originally posted by Nick Papagiorgio View Post

Lately these two seem to do well as visitors so let's just assume that will hold and they'll each split with a road win.
                              Hey, that's what I said!

Saw that NHL Productions has been on both campuses today. Will whatever they're producing be in the NESN telecasts or will it be used for something else? Inquiring minds want to know!

Comment

• I think these two teams could play 5 times this year and they will be one goal games.

Comment

Working...
                                X