Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Took a lot of patience waiting for it, but it looks like the grind has gotten to UNH and we're getting through.

Comment

• So glad Chewie got the shutout!! And glad he finally got the number one star.

Comment

• Good guys win, bad guys lose so good guys have to be #1.

Comment

• Great game by Caron - best to date with the Terriers! They got it done, but large portions of that game were horrendous. It was very uncomfortable to watch us break out of the zone for most of the game. Faceoffs were a disaster. Yes, UNH is looking good, but they shouldn’t have looked that good in an away game against this BU squad. Jay has some work to do this week. I’m sure they will work it out.

The UNH goalie was superb as well. Really just that first one which beat him - it was a great shot by Stevens.

Great college hockey game I guess. I imagine UNH is very disappointed in the result considering how many great chances they had.

I think there’s a shot Quinn Hutson could get a 1 game suspension for his very animated talk to the officials as he was led off the ice. Anyone else think that’s a possibility? I imagine the UNH guy who was on the receiving end of the spear did something to set him off and wasn’t seen or heard by the officials.

Comment

• I would love to see this team start steamrolling some opponents. Every game is a struggle. Caron played as well as I have seen a BU goalie play in recent memory. Good to know he can steal one for us on occasion. With BC losing atleast I feel the gap between the 2 teams isn’t as much as I have thought recently. BC has looked like a wagon. Q Hutson put his team at a big disadvantage. Selfish move and he should be benched regardless of suspension. Zabaneh continues in my doghouse. He has not been an asset for most of the year quite the opposite.

Comment

• When more than half the league would be in the tournament if it started today, it's difficult to expect anyone to start steamrolling anyone.

But in league play they are comfortably 1st in GF/G - a full half goal ahead of 2nd place BC. 3rd in GA/G - barely behind UNH and UML. With a full two game lead on BC in the standings, our league play overall has been nothing short of stellar.
              ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Comment

• Originally posted by BUHockeyStats View Post

I'm not sure what Beanpot OT "loss" last year you're talking about Northeastern beat BU 3-1 in last years Beanpot, the OT "loss" was in 2020. BU is 6-9-3 vs NU since 2017-18, 3 of NU's wins have been in OT (4 if you want to count the 2020 Beanpot "win"). In that span both teams have recorded 2 shutouts. Not sure why Levi not being there discounted the 1-0 win, Semptimphelter stood on his head, the game probably doesn't go much differently with Levi. If we're going to cherry pick records: if you start with the 2016-17 the teams are 9-9-4, if you start with the 2018-19 seasons the teams are 6-6-3. So the crux of your argument is that NU went 3-0 vs BU in 2017-18
                Thank you for helping to make my point. You managed to:
                1. Ignore the entire first part of my post, which said BU is a far more talented team than NU year after year, but the preceding posts seemed to imply NU doesn't belong on the same ice.
                2. Ignore the part of my post that gave BU props prior to 2017.
                3. Nit pick a typo from one line that didn't change anything about the record over the last 7 seasons. Were you seriously correcting my post to boast about BU being 6-9-3 (vice 6-10-1) against NU? Seriously?

So the crux of YOUR argument is that BU was not 6-10-1 again NU, they were 6-9-3? And then cherry-picked to proudly proclaim that BU is .500 against NU since 2016? Really?
                I guess you would be happy to swap rosters, buildings, recruits, and coaches too?

The whole point was that BU always has more talent and resources than NU (and pretty everyone else for that matter), and should be dominant against NU every year, but NU has gotten the most out of who and what they have against BU in recent years. Congratulations on being .500 against NU, i think?

Comment

• Originally posted by navy44 View Post

Thank you for helping to make my point. You managed to:
                  1. Ignore the entire first part of my post, which said BU is a far more talented team than NU year after year, but the preceding posts seemed to imply NU doesn't belong on the same ice.
                  2. Ignore the part of my post that gave BU props prior to 2017.
                  3. Nit pick a typo from one line that didn't change anything about the record over the last 7 seasons. Were you seriously correcting my post to boast about BU being 6-9-3 (vice 6-10-1) against NU? Seriously?

So the crux of YOUR argument is that BU was not 6-10-1 again NU, they were 6-9-3? And then cherry-picked to proudly proclaim that BU is .500 against NU since 2016? Really?
                  I guess you would be happy to swap rosters, buildings, recruits, and coaches too?

The whole point was that BU always has more talent and resources than NU (and pretty everyone else for that matter), and should be dominant against NU every year, but NU has gotten the most out of who and what they have against BU in recent years. Congratulations on being .500 against NU, i think?
                  So the crux of your argument is that recently BU, predominantly the teams coached by Albie O'Connell, performed poorly against NU? Join the line.
                  Last edited by brassbonanza; 01-14-2024, 01:53 AM.
                  ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Comment

• Originally posted by DLG View Post

I think standing room is a good option for tonight- The students have not yet returned to school so the 3 sections beind the goal at the Commonwelth avenue should be pretty free. I think I also saw somewhere they are using an alumni band tonight.
                    Yep! 90 strong! Too bad the PA **** the bed so no props.

Good teams find a way to win.
                    It Happened!!!!

Comment

• Originally posted by Bomber View Post

But the alumni band does get a callout in defkit's Terrier Takeaway on the blog.

Where are you in this photo? https://x.com/BU_FoH/status/1746298172253585785?s=20

The Terrier Hockey Fan Blog

Comment

Good teams find a way to win.
                        Sounded great too
                        ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Comment

• Originally posted by Rogie21 View Post

But the alumni band does get a callout in defkit's Terrier Takeaway on the blog.

Where are you in this photo? https://*****/BU_FoH/status/1746298172253585785?s=20

Bad link.

It Happened!!!!

Comment

Bad link.
                            Try this one.

https://x.com/TerrierHockey/status/1...151568449?s=20
                            The Terrier Hockey Fan Blog

Comment

• So, #1. Hoping we get to enjoy it for more than four days.

Comment

• Originally posted by Scarlet View Post
                                So, #1. Hoping we get to enjoy it for more than four days.
                                Agreed. Fingers crossed.

Comment

Working...
                                X