Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The third period has sucked.

Comment

• Played well, but not well enough to beat that team (goaltender) . Obviously a stellar goaltender on the other end. Caron played great as well. They missed empty nets early just like the Quinnipiac game and it came back to bite them. Disappointing result. Really needed a PP goal and didn’t get one.

Comment

• #71 is ice cold since Sean posted his “2 points a game” stats. Just saying. : ) #Jinx.
        It Happened!!!!

Comment

• Kind of feels like BU got rope-a-doped in this one. Both teams played well enough to win. BU had a lot of close calls. Goaltending was the difference.
          Originally posted by reBlur
          the sober Trivino I know is not a guy who would force his way into a girl's room and attempt to rape her. I can't imagine him ever making anyone even feel uncomfortable when he's sober.There are plenty of players in my time covering the team who have looked at me differently or flirted with me or the like. Trivino has never been one of those players. Even outside of the rink, he'll say hi and is plenty of friendly, but has never been even close to saying or doing anything inappropriate.

Comment

• Originally posted by Carmine Scarpaglia View Post
            Kind of feels like BU got rope-a-doped in this one. Both teams played well enough to win. BU had a lot of close calls. Goaltending was the difference.
            That’s generally how this team plays. Survive long enough, counter on turnovers, get great goaltending, win games. BU certainly limited their chances, but they got a few through.

Comment

• Oh no!! We stink again!
              a legend and an out of work bum look a lot alike, daddy.

Comment

• That game last night was a fluke final result

Comment

• Many stupid penalties (yeah, looking at you Zabaneh) and the GW was on one I didn't think WAS a penalty.

Let's see how they rebound vs the Mack Daddies this weekend. That'll tell the tale.

Comment

• I guess I’d rather own Cornell in the NCAA tournament than own Red Hot Hockey for now, huh?

Comment

• I Don’t think you can’t fault the effort. They were peppering the Cornell goalie but couldn’t get one by him. CU defense played well too. Losing some key faceoffs down the stretch really hurt them too.
                      Frozen Fours: '86, '88, '90, '91, '92, '93, '95, '96, '98, '00, '01, '03, '04, '05, '09, '14, '15

Walter Brown, Agganis, Boston Garden-old/new, Matthews, McHugh, Kelly Rink, Bright, Tsongas, Lawler, Schneider, Providence CC, Alfond, Tully, Portland CC, Centrum, Whittemore, Snively, Hobey Baker Rink, Lynah, MSG, Gutterson, Houston Field House, Ingalls, Smith rink, Davis Rink, Pepsi Center, Bradley Center, St. Paul CC, Fenway, Mullins, Verizon, Joe Louis, HSBC, Nationwide, Messa, Perrotti.

Comment

• Cornell is almost always hard to play against b/c of their size (13 skaters 6'2" or taller on this year's team), goaltending, and defensive prowess. It's often ugly & slow to watch, but it's been effective for them.

BU played hard, but didn't execute as well as we've seen. Cornell really packs it in down low in their end. Ian Shane played one helluva game for them.

Cornell NEEDED that W given their 0-3-1 stretch entering the game.

Comment

• Originally posted by Bomber View Post
                          #71 is ice cold since Sean posted his “2 points a game” stats. Just saying. : ) #Jinx.
                          I just piggybacked off the USCHO podcast that mentioned it.

BTW, Eichel went through a tough 4 game stretch in his games 11 through 14 before getting going again. Hopefully Celebrini's tough stretch will be just the past 2 games.

Sean
                          Last edited by Sean Pickett; 11-26-2023, 06:28 PM.
                          Women's Hockey East Champions 2015, 2014, 2013, 2012, 2010
                          Men's NCAA Champions 2009, 1995, 1978, 1972, 1971

BU Hockey Games
                          BU Hockey highlights and extras
                          NCAA Hockey Financials
                          Women's Division I Longest Hockey Games
                          I need a kidney; looking for a donor

Comment

• I was just thinking today, wouldn’t it be wonderful to win a championship in St Paul? We have yet to win one out west (hard to believe, isn’t it?) and I need to have some good memories from that town. I haven’t been back to the state at all since our last FF appearance there in 94.

Comment

• How did they determine who was the home team at Red Hot Hockey?

Comment

• They made the Red team home, duh :-)
                                I believe in equality of effort. In life, in hockey in everything.

Comment

Working...
                                X