Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Sol Diablo
    replied
    Nice summary of a long journey, from the NCHC State of the Union, starting at 6:30 minutes.

https://nchchockey.com/news/2023/9/1...gy-center.aspx

Leave a comment:

• pdt1081
    replied
    Originally posted by moose97 View Post

Did you miss where they already applied and were accepted to the Big 12?
    Yep. I did. It's all almost too stupid to keep up with.

Leave a comment:

• moose97
    replied
    Originally posted by pdt1081 View Post

What happens if ASU is invited to the BiG?
    Did you miss where they already applied and were accepted to the Big 12?

Leave a comment:

• pdt1081
    replied
    Originally posted by Russell Jaslow View Post

Yeah, and so has that "dream" of a Pac-12 hockey conference. LOL
    What happens if ASU is invited to the BiG?

Leave a comment:

• Sol Diablo
    replied
    It’s been a busy year for Sun Devil hockey and coach Greg Powers. Josh Doan turned pro after two seasons, ASU’s roster underwent significant changes, Powers remade his staff and the program announced that it would be joining the National Collegiate Hockey Conference beginning in the 2024-25 season.

Powers joins the PHNX Coyotes Podcast to discuss all of these changes, year one at Mullett Arena and what’s ahead for the program.

0:00 Intro
    1:10 Welcome to the show!
    2:50 Headed for the NCHC
    9:22 Additions to Coach Powers' staff
    17:00 The recruiting picture
    33:10 Goalie talk
    38:50 Mullett Arena
    43:50 Expectations for next season

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=698aEsc2FG8

Leave a comment:

• Sol Diablo
    replied

Welp, that sorted itself out nicely lol
    Crazy!

Leave a comment:

• LordofBrewtown
    replied
    Originally posted by Russell Jaslow View Post

Start the Big12 rumors!!!!

Leave a comment:

• Russell Jaslow
    replied

Leave a comment:

• moose97
    replied
    Originally posted by Sol Diablo View Post
    Being ASU is contractually obligated to the PAC12 internet/broadcasting network, yet NCHC has their own network, has anyone in NCHC heard how that part of a deal works? Might be a moot issue if PAC12 continues to fall apart though or ASU leaves it.

Leave a comment:

• Lost_Husky
    replied
    Being ASU is contractually obligated to the PAC12 internet/broadcasting network, yet NCHC has their own network, has anyone in NCHC heard how that part of a deal works? Might be a moot issue if PAC12 continues to fall apart though or ASU leaves it.
    I would assume the only way they would care is if they aired a hockey on the PAC12 network. Other than that, if it isn't on the PAC12 network, there isn't a conflict.

It wouldn't be a surprise if there was a clause that let ASU air X number of their home hockey games live on the PAC12 network and/or play the replay at some non-peak time for content. If that were the case, I doubt there would be significant financial compensation either way. I'm sure the NCHC would be happy to have the potential to get new eyes on the games, and the PAC12 Network would like to have cheap/free content to air with minimal effort.

Leave a comment:

• darker98
    replied
    I believe in the beginning Denver had a contract and their home games were not on NCHC TV.

Leave a comment:

• njmav1
    replied
    I'd think it would depend on the contract. Hockey isn't a PAC-12 sport and ASU is the only PAC-12 school that fields a team.

Leave a comment:

• Sol Diablo
    replied

Leave a comment:

• TalonsUpPuckDown
    replied
    Originally posted by Lost_Husky View Post

…most of the bad blood is Miami thinking they are a "Public Ivy", they are a hockey power house, and everyone should feel honored to play them.
    In a nutshell, your assessment is the nutshelliest.

Leave a comment:

• Lost_Husky
    replied
    ASU plays Miami, at Miami, at the end of October this fall. Could be an interesting game.
    From what I have seen, Miami's on ice team isn't notable, and the ASU match-up should be good. From what I have gathered most of the bad blood is Miami thinking they are a "Public Ivy", they are a hockey power house, and everyone should feel honored to play them.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X