ASU to NCHC?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by bronconick View Post

2019-20 and 2021-22 they did. Didn't look any further back than that.
    Our agreement with them expired two years ago and we’ve opted not to renew it for the foreseeable future. OSU hasn’t played them since before Rico was fired.

Comment

Originally posted by TalonsUpPuckDown View Post
      Our agreement with them expired two years ago and we’ve opted not to renew it for the foreseeable future. OSU hasn’t played them since before Rico was fired.
      There's a metric ton of bad blood between Ohio State and Miami of Ohio going back to the 60's that transcends anything hockeywise. Rico blatantly running up the score during that last ccha series certainly didn't help their case though. But yeah, our policy is clearly to let them rot. It would be hilarious if we approached BG about an annual series and then right before the contract was signed said "oh, by the way, there's one little condition we have regarding your future scheduling."
      Last edited by Eddie Schorr; 07-11-2023, 03:07 PM.

Comment

ASU plays Miami, at Miami, at the end of October this fall. Could be an interesting game.

Comment

Originally posted by Sol Diablo View Post
          ASU plays Miami, at Miami, at the end of October this fall. Could be an interesting game.
          From what I have seen, Miami's on ice team isn't notable, and the ASU match-up should be good. From what I have gathered most of the bad blood is Miami thinking they are a "Public Ivy", they are a hockey power house, and everyone should feel honored to play them.

Comment

Originally posted by Lost_Husky View Post

…most of the bad blood is Miami thinking they are a "Public Ivy", they are a hockey power house, and everyone should feel honored to play them.
            In a nutshell, your assessment is the nutshelliest.

Comment

Being ASU is contractually obligated to the PAC12 internet/broadcasting network, yet NCHC has their own network, has anyone in NCHC heard how that part of a deal works? Might be a moot issue if PAC12 continues to fall apart though or ASU leaves it.

Comment

Being ASU is contractually obligated to the PAC12 internet/broadcasting network, yet NCHC has their own network, has anyone in NCHC heard how that part of a deal works? Might be a moot issue if PAC12 continues to fall apart though or ASU leaves it.
                I'd think it would depend on the contract. Hockey isn't a PAC-12 sport and ASU is the only PAC-12 school that fields a team.

Comment

I believe in the beginning Denver had a contract and their home games were not on NCHC TV.
                  "My greatest achievement."
                  Dirty on getting me suspended from USCHO.

I'm not an alcoholic! I'm an independent beer taster for Anheuser Busch.

Happy~Smelling like a warm turd sandwich since 11/15/07.

Comment

I would assume the only way they would care is if they aired a hockey on the PAC12 network. Other than that, if it isn't on the PAC12 network, there isn't a conflict.

It wouldn't be a surprise if there was a clause that let ASU air X number of their home hockey games live on the PAC12 network and/or play the replay at some non-peak time for content. If that were the case, I doubt there would be significant financial compensation either way. I'm sure the NCHC would be happy to have the potential to get new eyes on the games, and the PAC12 Network would like to have cheap/free content to air with minimal effort.

Comment

Welp, that sorted itself out nicely lol
                      Current NCAA D-I rinks I've been to:

AHA:
                      B1G: UMich, MSU, UMinn, Notre Dame, OSU, UWisc
                      CCHA: BSU, BG, FSU, LSSU, MSU, MTU, NMU
                      ECAC:
                      HEA: UMass
                      NCHC: Miami, UMD, UND, SCSU, WMU
                      Independant: ASU

Inactive: UAH, ASU, BSU, UMD, UND, NMU, Notre Dame

Comment

Originally posted by moose97 View Post

Yeah, and so has that "dream" of a Pac-12 hockey conference. LOL
                        Russell Jaslow
                        [Former] SUNYAC Correspondent
                        U.S. College Hockey Online

Comment

Originally posted by Russell Jaslow View Post

Start the Big12 rumors!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by moose97 View Post

Crazy!

Comment

It’s been a busy year for Sun Devil hockey and coach Greg Powers. Josh Doan turned pro after two seasons, ASU’s roster underwent significant changes, Powers remade his staff and the program announced that it would be joining the National Collegiate Hockey Conference beginning in the 2024-25 season.

Powers joins the PHNX Coyotes Podcast to discuss all of these changes, year one at Mullett Arena and what’s ahead for the program.

0:00 Intro
                              1:10 Welcome to the show!
                              2:50 Headed for the NCHC
                              9:22 Additions to Coach Powers' staff
                              17:00 The recruiting picture
                              33:10 Goalie talk
                              38:50 Mullett Arena
                              43:50 Expectations for next season

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=698aEsc2FG8

Comment

Originally posted by Russell Jaslow View Post

What happens if ASU is invited to the BiG?

Comment

Working...
                                X