ASU to NCHC?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

congratulations
    a legend and an out of work bum look a lot alike, daddy.

Comment

Originally posted by Lost_Husky View Post

I doubt Mankato is in the mix any more. I suspect the money is too good for Miami to leave the NCHC.
      Miami's athletic department is broke, and NCHC money is next to nothing. It might be the premier college hockey conference, but that doesn't mean it generates much revenue. Now, the financial aspect that might keep Miami in the NCHC is that the exit payment might be too egregious for their current finances. If there's any backroom negotiating going on, I'd wager that it's that Miami won't block ASU in exchange for going to the CCHA with no exit fee required.

Comment

Originally posted by Eddie Schorr View Post

Miami's athletic department is broke, and NCHC money is next to nothing. It might be the premier college hockey conference, but that doesn't mean it generates much revenue. Now, the financial aspect that might keep Miami in the NCHC is that the exit payment might be too egregious for their current finances. If there's any backroom negotiating going on, I'd wager that it's that Miami won't block ASU in exchange for going to the CCHA with no exit fee required.
        That's all very possible. However, doesn't CCHA have an entrance fee?

Comment

Too bad for Miami then that the CCHA doesn't want them.

Comment

Originally posted by John J. MacInnes View Post

Too bad for Miami then that the CCHA doesn't want them.
            Why would they? Miami Of Ohio: A Dynasty In Their Own Minds!

Comment

Why would they? Miami Of Ohio: A Dynasty In Their Own Minds!
              Are you implying Miami of Ohio isn't a hockey power house? : D

As discussed before, BGSU would love to have Miami in the CCHA. The rest of the league, not so much.

My 2 cents, if the CCHA is going to pick up a geographic outlier, I would much rather have Miami than Augustana for a whole host of reasons. (D1 operational history, financial support, school size, being in the MAC,..)

Comment

Are you implying Miami of Ohio isn't a hockey power house? : D

As discussed before, BGSU would love to have Miami in the CCHA. The rest of the league, not so much.

My 2 cents, if the CCHA is going to pick up a geographic outlier, I would much rather have Miami than Augustana for a whole host of reasons. (D1 operational history, financial support, school size, being in the MAC,..)
                Then before you know it the Summit League starts a hockey and football conference adding schools like Augustana.
                Slap Shot - 444 might want to consider a restraining order.
                dggoddard - Minnesota is THE ELITE Program in all of college hockey.
                wasmania - you have to be the very best to get ice time with the great gophers!

Comment

Originally posted by 4four4 View Post

Then before you know it the Summit League starts a hockey and football conference adding schools like Augustana.
                  Then NCHC would lose 3 schools to the Summit hockey league and ASU would take St. Thomas' place in CCHA? Devious.......or Devil-ish?
                  Last edited by Sol Diablo; 07-07-2023, 08:08 PM.

Comment

Not as much as Miami would love to just have BG on their schedule for a series.

Comment

Originally posted by pdt1081 View Post

Bottom feeder in your league and blackballed in your own state. What a life!

Comment

Originally posted by TalonsUpPuckDown View Post

Bottom feeder in your league and blackballed in your own state. What a life!
                        And how long would it take for Miami Of Ohio to start attempting to big-time the rest of the CCHA? "Don't you people know that we used to be in the NCHC? You're lucky we're gracing your league with our presence!" I think BGSU will be just fine with continuing to freeze out Miami of Ohio provided that OSU continues to give them an annual series.

Comment

And how long would it take for Miami Of Ohio to start attempting to big-time the rest of the CCHA? "Don't you people know that we used to be in the NCHC? You're lucky we're gracing your league with our presence!" I think BGSU will be just fine with continuing to freeze out Miami of Ohio provided that OSU continues to give them an annual series.
                          My WAG, less than a season, especially if they were in the top half of the standings. "The officiating is terrible. If we had better officials, we would be leading the league." "Your fans don't travel/buy tickets. We use to have sell outs because of the NCHC fan support." "We won't go West of the Mississippi or north of the state line from December through March." "Where is our charter jet? The NCHC provided us with a charter jet for away games." "What kind of no-name towns are we playing in? In the NCHC we were in large cities every weekend." "The only reason the CCHA has any national recognition is because we were an NCHC school." ...

Comment

Originally posted by pdt1081 View Post

Bowling Green and Miami haven't scheduled a weekend series with one another since the restructuring of the new conference?
                            Slap Shot - 444 might want to consider a restraining order.
                            dggoddard - Minnesota is THE ELITE Program in all of college hockey.
                            wasmania - you have to be the very best to get ice time with the great gophers!

Comment

Bowling Green and Miami haven't scheduled a weekend series with one another since the restructuring of the new conference?
                              BG & Miami have played every year except the Covid season until to last year. '23-'24 will be the second year in a row they aren't scheduled to meet.
                              Current NCAA D-I rinks I've been to:

AHA:
                              B1G: UMich, MSU, UMinn, Notre Dame, OSU, UWisc
                              CCHA: BSU, BG, FSU, LSSU, MSU, MTU, NMU
                              ECAC:
                              HEA: UMass
                              NCHC: Miami, UMD, UND, SCSU, WMU
                              Independant: ASU

Inactive: UAH, ASU, BSU, UMD, UND, NMU, Notre Dame

Comment

2019-20 and 2021-22 they did. Didn't look any further back then that.
                                "I went over the facts in my head, and admired how much uglier the situation had just become. Over the years I've learned that ignorance is more than just bliss. It's freaking orgasmic ecstasy".- Harry Dresden, Blood Rites

Western Michigan Bronco Hockey- 2012 Mason Cup Champions

Comment

Working...
                                X