Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Maine at Boston University 2/12 and 13

Originally posted by slurpees View Post
    no, theyre content with the 85% capacity with the high ticket prices then selling out with 100%.
    No s#!t. I thought about heading down for a game, but $26 (+ticketmaster's "fees") seemed a tad high for a regular season game.

Comment

no, theyre content with the 85% capacity with the high ticket prices then selling out with 100%.
      Couldn't you lower them a bit sell more and still make the same money?
      <----Not an business person.
      Let's go Terriers!

It hasn't taken me long to realize, everybody here knows a lot more than me about college hockey...

1971, 1972, 1978, 1995, 2009

Comment

I believe ticket prices for BC and UNH are higher. Why does BU always get called out as having high prices?

Comment

Originally posted by quiddlet View Post
          Was this years BC game the first BC game @ Agganis to not sell out?
          Agganis games vs. BC:
          1/15/05 - 6,224 (sellout)
          12/3/05 - 6,224 (sellout)
          12/2/06 - 6,224 (sellout)
          1/26/07 - 6,224 (sellout)
          12/1/07 - 6,224 (sellout)
          12/5/08 - 6,221 (sellout - also, I remember this fun "What happened to the 3 seats?" debate)
          1/17/09 - 6,221 (sellout)
          12/5/09 - 6,150 (not a sellout)

So, to answer your question, yes.

Where are ya getting these sweet statistics?
          GoTerriers archives.

Were there outlier-type games with extremely low attendance pulling down 07-08, 08-09?
          In 07-08, the 3 lowest attendances were the 3 HE QF games against UML (3863, 4116 and 3631). In 08-09, the 3 HE QF games against Maine drew 3825, 4094 and 3642. 06-07 attendance benefitted from not hosting the HE QF (BU won up at UVM), but 05-06 BU hosted UMass. GoTerriers' attendance figures don't go back that far, though.

As you can tell, I'm very bored today. Thank God the Olympics are finally on. I have no motivation to do any homework since I don't have a real class until Wednesday.

Edit: slurpees makes a good point about the IceBreaker, too. Those 2 games drew just 3,753 and 4,207.
          Last edited by Federal League; 02-13-2010, 01:36 PM.
          Places I've seen a college hockey game: Agganis Arena, Alfond Arena, Bright Center, Consol Energy Center, Conte Forum, DCU Center, Fenway Park, Gutterson Fieldhouse, Houston Field House, Lawler Arena, Madison Square Garden, Matthews Arena, Mullins Center, Schneider Arena, Scottrade Center, Sears Centre, Tampa Bay Times Forum, TD Bank Sports Center, TD Garden, Tsongas Center, Tully Forum, Verizon Center, Verizon Wireless Arena, Walter Brown Arena, Wells Fargo Center, Whittemore Center

Comment

Originally posted by Scarlet View Post
            I believe ticket prices for BC and UNH are higher. Why does BU always get called out as having high prices?
            I don't know what the prices are for BC or UNH. The last time I looked at BC tickets they were selling tickets to a game against UNH for $10 because it was break. (2007 I think)

Comment

All of BC's tickets this year were $10-$15 except for the BU game where they were $30. UNH's are $25 so depending on the game they are either one dollar less or one dollar more than BU

Comment

Originally posted by hanasis View Post
                Yeah but I bet we beat them in total weight
                I dunno, you seen some of those BU girls?
                What kind of cheese are you planning to put on top?

Comment

bc is only higher for games against us, i think every other games has $10 tickets available. maine was $22 this year (i think) without TM charges, and I had forgotten about UNH who is about the same as us, also with the lame charges. and look at them, they're having troubles with attendance this year as well. really the deal breaker for bu are the ticketmaster charges pushing the price up well above $30. for games against merrimack, providence, rpi, the exhibition games, that's just stupid.

Originally posted by Federal League View Post
                  Agganis games vs. BC:
                  06-07 attendance benefitted from not hosting the HE QF (BU won up at UVM),
                  not true, games were at home, yip scored the ot winner in game 3 to send us to the garden.
                  time to write new history

Comment

not true, games were at home, yip scored the ot winner in game 3 to send us to the garden.
                    So they were. The GoTerriers schedule is wrong. Guess I should've actually clicked on the box scores.

Anyway, those 3 games drew 3977, 4361 and 3769. So, obviously the HE QFs aren't what hurt 07-08 and 08-09 since that happens most years.
                    Places I've seen a college hockey game: Agganis Arena, Alfond Arena, Bright Center, Consol Energy Center, Conte Forum, DCU Center, Fenway Park, Gutterson Fieldhouse, Houston Field House, Lawler Arena, Madison Square Garden, Matthews Arena, Mullins Center, Schneider Arena, Scottrade Center, Sears Centre, Tampa Bay Times Forum, TD Bank Sports Center, TD Garden, Tsongas Center, Tully Forum, Verizon Center, Verizon Wireless Arena, Walter Brown Arena, Wells Fargo Center, Whittemore Center

Comment

• Re: Maine at Boston University 2/12 and 13

Originally posted by rufus View Post
                      I dunno, you seen some of those BU girls?
                      Seriously, rufus?

Comment

he qf games almost never sellout anywhere. theyre frequently over spring break so no ones around on campus and sometimes theyre unenticing games to pay more for. unh doesnt sellout we dont heck i dont think vermont did either but im on my phone so itd be too much of a pain to check
                        time to write new history

Comment

Originally posted by Federal League View Post
                          Edit: slurpees makes a good point about the IceBreaker, too. Those 2 games drew just 3,753 and 4,207.
                          first thing that came to my mind.

cause they are.

Originally posted by Priceless View Post
                          No s#!t. I thought about heading down for a game, but $26 (+ticketmaster's "fees") seemed a tad high for a regular season game.
                          mookie always has an extra ticket for weeknight games to share. (last night he had two to give away )

Time for a group letter to the AD... has that ever gotten anything done?
                          no.

Originally posted by collegefan06 View Post
                          Federal League, I agree with you. With the size of the student enrollment there should be people camping out to get into Aggannis for every game. With the number of alumni in Boston there should be a waiting list for season tickets..
                          i don't even think there are more local alums from our school than bc with our higher student popluation. of my class year, all my friends and acquaintances except for two moved either back home or to nyc post-graduation. i'm the exception.
                          a legend and an out of work bum look a lot alike, daddy.

Comment

Originally posted by mookie1995 View Post

i don't even think there are more local alums from our school than bc with our higher student popluation. of my class year, all my friends and acquaintances except for two moved either back home or to nyc post-graduation. i'm the exception.
                            The fact is that with the student population at the school they should be fighting to fill up half the arena (3,000 seats) and the over 40 years of graduates in the area of active age, even if many leave the area, should be sufficient to fill the place.

Most of the graduates get married and have families so each gradutate = 3-4 family members so 40 years of graduates and families plus students plus local community should be able to fill 6,300 seats a game to see the defending hockey national champions. That doesn't include the local hockey fans, youth hockey, corporate opportunites, etc. Agganis should be a sellout every game.

Run promotions with local youth hockey organizations, etc for HE quarter finals and fill up the **** arena. No excuses in my mind for empty seats.

Comment

Federal League, I agree with you. With the size of the student enrollment there should be people camping out to get into Aggannis for every game. With the number of alumni in Boston there should be a waiting list for season tickets. With the tradition of the program there should be many casual Boston hockey fans buying single game tickets. With the fact BU is the defending national champions that should magnify all of the above. With the quality of the arena and its easy access by both car and rail there shouldn't be excuses about "getting there".

I don't understand why every season isn't sold out before the puck drops at the first exhibition game.
                              Wow...a negative rep for this comment and the reason is the anonymous idiot thinks: "BU's team sucks. They play clutch and grab hockey which is boring"?

I'm impressed!
                              Last edited by collegefan06; 02-13-2010, 04:06 PM.

Comment

The fact is that with the student population at the school they should be fighting to fill up half the arena (3,000 seats) and the over 40 years of graduates in the area of active age, even if many leave the area, should be sufficient to fill the place.

Most of the graduates get married and have families so each gradutate = 3-4 family members so 40 years of graduates and families plus students plus local community should be able to fill 6,300 seats a game to see the defending hockey national champions. That doesn't include the local hockey fans, youth hockey, corporate opportunites, etc. Agganis should be a sellout every game.

Run promotions with local youth hockey organizations, etc for HE quarter finals and fill up the **** arena. No excuses in my mind for empty seats.
                                you realize of course that hockey is not generally popular with the general population.
                                a legend and an out of work bum look a lot alike, daddy.

Comment

Working...
                                X