Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Maine at Boston University 2/12 and 13

Originally posted by hammer time View Post
    will rollie get a nod for one of the games?
    unlikely. millan has been playing spectacular of late.
    time to write new history

Comment

Don't expect it. Millan has been as close to top form in the last few games as he was last year. Of the 4 goals BC scored in the Beanpot, 2 were deflected off of his own defenseman. With 4 points up for grabs in HE and two chances against a TUC, not playing Millan would not be giving our team the best chance to win against a dangerous Maine team.
      GO BU! がんばろうTERRIERS

Comment

Originally posted by sandiegoblkbr View Post
        Anyone remember when the Alfond crowd had Jack Parker faces?......I think we had put them on every seat.....that was freakin funny!
        I remember that. Weren't they on sticks so you could hold them in front of your face?

Comment

Originally posted by AMC View Post
          Someone needs to find the video of Jack throwing everything that wasn't nailed down on the visitors bench (including the benches) onto the ice at Alfond back in the late 80's/early 90's. That was the coolest thing I ever saw.
          What was better was the asst coach who tried to get over the glass behind the bench. The guy was livid and needed a cage as he went absolutely bonkers.
          I swear there ain't no heaven but I pray there ain't no hell.

Maine Hockey Love it or Leave it

Comment

I think it was Miss Scarlet, in the Library, with a Lead Pipe.
            I believe in equality of effort. In life, in hockey in everything.

Comment

Parker was non-committal on a starter for Saturday, and I actually believe him when he tells us media folk that he's undecided on goaltenders. That said, I think it'd be a mistake not to play Millan twice this weekend, and I'd guess that's the way Parker goes.
              Boston Hockey Blog

Comment

i see a lot of former employee #6 here.
                Originally posted by slurpees View Post
                *****http://sparklingwhine.files.wordpress.com/2009/03/popped-collar-3.jpg******
                a legend and an out of work bum look a lot alike, daddy.

Comment

If I were to walk up to Agannis on Saturday night, what are the odds I'd be able to get a ticket?

Don't feel like getting raped by Ticketbastid.
                  What kind of cheese are you planning to put on top?

Comment

Originally posted by rufus View Post
                    If I were to walk up to Agannis on Saturday night, what are the odds I'd be able to get a ticket?

100% of getting a single. Ask for one in 104 as it is close to center ice and with the Maine comp seats.

Comment

did you try calling the maine ticket office? i bought my tickets to maine at bc through them and spent less than if i had purchased them on bc's website

Comment

Originally posted by gscott13 View Post
                        did you try calling the maine ticket office? i bought my tickets to maine at bc through them and spent less than if i had purchased them on bc's website
                        Too late. The visiting team has to send the remaining unsold tickets back so they will be back with the home team 48 hours in advance.

Trust me. Just walk up. Ask for a single in 104 or 105 or 103.

Also, if you don't trust me that you can walk up and get one, go to ticketmaster and enter the promotion code "save" and you will get the same price as if you walked up. You save $8 but then the ticketmaster fees rip you off on $8.
                        Last edited by irishfan85; 02-10-2010, 10:42 PM.

Comment

Decided I'm not gonna head down anyway. My job has me driving enough, I just don't feel like making the trip. Saving the money will be a bonus, as well.
                          What kind of cheese are you planning to put on top?

Comment

Decided I'm not gonna head down anyway. My job has me driving enough, I just don't feel like making the trip. Saving the money will be a bonus, as well.
                            Watch it via the internet or TV feed........

Comment

[QUOTE=slurpees;4618958] Though a Big 4 reunion at the Garden would be very, very fun. (hopefully.)
                              [QUOTE]

Oh man....I have tickets to the semis (I know, biggest jinx in the book) and I would KILL for this.

Yes, I realize that adding Vermont, and the advancement of teams like Lowell is 'good for the league'....and I know we're not too far removed from that kind of consistancy, but there was just nothing better than hockey east playoffs with those 4 teams. Not only do you naturally have the two biggest rivalries within the conference...but also 2 of the 5 or 6 biggest rivalries in all of D1....and even if you shake the pot with new pairings, you're bound to have heated games no matter what!

**I do think its kind of cute the way Vermont tries to get involved in the mix....and thinks Maine is some sort of big rival....sorry guys, you're like 7th in line on our radar JUUUST above Mack and Providence. Actually, I would easily throw the Gophers and the Spartans ahead of of you guys in our list of dismay, and we only play them a couple times per decade!**

That said, calling for a split is such a "safe" choice....but I have to go with it. I'll go in reverse though and say BU takes Friday 4-1, but Maine returns the favor 3-2 Saturday.

Comment

[QUOTE=GoMaine24;4620874][QUOTE=slurpees;4618958] Though a Big 4 reunion at the Garden would be very, very fun. (hopefully.)

Oh man....I have tickets to the semis (I know, biggest jinx in the book) and I would KILL for this.

Yes, I realize that adding Vermont, and the advancement of teams like Lowell is 'good for the league'....and I know we're not too far removed from that kind of consistancy, but there was just nothing better than hockey east playoffs with those 4 teams. Not only do you naturally have the two biggest rivalries within the conference...but also 2 of the 5 or 6 biggest rivalries in all of D1....and even if you shake the pot with new pairings, you're bound to have heated games no matter what!

**I do think its kind of cute the way Vermont tries to get involved in the mix....and thinks Maine is some sort of big rival....sorry guys, you're like 7th in line on our radar JUUUST above Mack and Providence. Actually, I would easily throw the Gophers and the Spartans ahead of of you guys in our list of dismay, and we only play them a couple times per decade!**

That said, calling for a split is such a "safe" choice....but I have to go with it. I'll go in reverse though and say BU takes Friday 4-1, but Maine returns the favor 3-2 Saturday.
                                The Mack and PC are really the only ones who don't try and weasel their way into this 'ZOMG WERE UR RIVULZ TOO!!!!" NU goes bonkers when anyone mentions BC and is worse than Joe McCarthy when they see someone wearing a red shirt. Vermont seems to have sparked "rivalries" with BC and whoever else disagrees with jcarter. Lowell fans seem to despise anyone who doesn't think they're the greatest team of all time and the refs are the reason they lose 85% of their games. UMass fans/students just seem to hate all forms of sane humanity.
                                time to write new history

Comment

Working...
                                X