Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Maine at Boston University 2/12 and 13

Originally posted by Gusforhobey View Post
    ..... This series could go many different ways, I could see a BU sweep, a ME sweep, or a split.
    well, honestly, it can go one of five ways - and you've listed three of them right here
    a legend and an out of work bum look a lot alike, daddy.

Comment

it could go one of 6 ways actually..

Comment

Team hate:

1. UMass
        2. UNH
        3. BC
        4. BU
        5. Lowell

Fan hate:

1. BC
        2. UMass
        3. UNH

The rest.......meh

Comment

Originally posted by Agganis View Post
          (the team, not the fans, you guys are the most hospitable fans I've encountered anywhere except maybe this year's Super Bowl losers)
          ...Thanks?
          Let's go Terriers!

It hasn't taken me long to realize, everybody here knows a lot more than me about college hockey...

1971, 1972, 1978, 1995, 2009

Comment

Originally posted by lkenney View Post
            I feel exactly the same way. I know there is carryover from the Walsh/Parker fued days for some people, but I just think Jack is a riot.
            I hated Jack (for good reason), but after what he did for Travis and his family after the accident, it's hard to keep hating him. Then there's what happened on 9/11. Add to that that BU has some pretty cool fans and it's difficult to bring back the animosity of the past.

This weekend will be a split and we'll see you at the Garden.

Comment

Originally posted by lkenney View Post
              I feel exactly the same way. I know there is carryover from the Walsh/Parker fued days for some people, but I just think Jack is a riot.
              Yeah, I see Jackie more as a clown than an adversary these days. Somehow his on bench tirades nowadays dont seem to have the whole hearted effort he used to put into them....maybe its because an old geezer like him looks like he ought to be sitting in a wheelchair rather than trying to lean on a dasher....

Agree that BU will end up at the Garden, home ice or no home ice....too many good players on that team not to.
              I believe in equality of effort. In life, in hockey in everything.

Comment

Originally posted by acs64 View Post
                Yeah, I see Jackie more as a clown than an adversary these days. Somehow his on bench tirades nowadays dont seem to have the whole hearted effort he used to put into them....maybe its because an old geezer like him looks like he ought to be sitting in a wheelchair rather than trying to lean on a dasher....

Agree that BU will end up at the Garden, home ice or no home ice....too many good players on that team not to.
                Let's just hope he gets back from bingo on Friday and the church supper on Saturday to fill his water bottles before the start of the games. Also it's good to see he's ditched the sports jacket that was made from the material on the back of his Aunt Thelma's couch.

Comment

Originally posted by Pucknut View Post
                  Let's just hope he gets back from bingo on Friday and the church supper on Saturday to fill his water bottles before the start of the games. Also it's good to see he's ditched the sports jacket that was made from the material on the back of his Aunt Thelma's couch.
                  I respectfully disagree on the jackets. I loved those.

Comment

Originally posted by Priceless View Post
                    I hated Jack (for good reason), but after what he did for Travis and his family after the accident, it's hard to keep hating him. Then there's what happened on 9/11. Add to that that BU has some pretty cool fans and it's difficult to bring back the animosity of the past.

This weekend will be a split and we'll see you at the Garden.
                    Someone needs to find the video of Jack throwing everything that wasn't nailed down on the visitors bench (including the benches) onto the ice at Alfond back in the late 80's/early 90's. That was the coolest thing I ever saw.

Comment

Originally posted by AMC View Post
                      Someone needs to find the video of Jack throwing everything that wasn't nailed down on the visitors bench (including the benches) onto the ice at Alfond back in the late 80's/early 90's. That was the coolest thing I ever saw.
                      If a video exists, I haven't seen it (I've heard about it, obviously), and I'd love to. That sounds amazing.
                      "You miss 100% of the shots you never take." - Wayne Gretzky

Photography

Comment

Originally posted by slurpees View Post
                        *****http://sparklingwhine.files.wordpress.com/2009/03/popped-collar-3.jpg******
                        BC guido.
                        What kind of cheese are you planning to put on top?

Comment

Originally posted by acs64 View Post
                          That's thinking a bit too far ahead for us right now. We're fighting for home ice, so the Garden can't be a consideration yet. Though a Big 4 reunion at the Garden would be very, very fun. (hopefully.)

Originally posted by rufus View Post
                          BC guido.
                          Chestnut Hill Reservoir Shore?
                          time to write new history

Comment

Anyone remember when the Alfond crowd had Jack Parker faces?......I think we had put them on every seat.....that was freakin funny!

Comment

Originally posted by sandiegoblkbr View Post
                              Anyone remember when the Alfond crowd had Jack Parker faces?......I think we had put them on every seat.....that was freakin funny!
                              No, but I remember in '92 the student network showed Hook the week before the BU game, and all the students started shouting, "Run home, Jack" after we went up 4-0.

Comment

will rollie get a nod for one of the games?

Comment

Working...
                                X