Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Maine at Boston University 2/12 and 13

Originally posted by mookie1995 View Post
    you realize of course that hockey is not generally popular with the general population.
    Very true but I put the Boston area up with Minnesota and Michigan as accepting hockey as a major sport.

Your points are all good. I just think of BU having one significant sport in which they are consistently good, current defending national champs and it seems that with a reasonable amount of marketing and creativity the arena should sell out every game.

Comment

I paid $20 for Maine @ BC a few weeks ago. Paid $26 plus two obscene fees for the game tonight. Wasn't happy about it, but I want to see the team so....I can tell you it was the difference between my group going to both nights and settling on just tonight.

Maine Hockey: I want to believe
      43-21-4 (.662) in games I attended over 4 years as a student
      104-47-14 (.669) in that time
      3x FROZEN FOUR

11-20-2 in games I've attended since. (2-2-1 under Red)

Comment

id heard that dave wilson was being bussed in from maine because of sirman's injury. any chance he gets the nod over darling?
        time to write new history

Comment

Originally posted by mookie1995 View Post
          you realize of course that hockey is not generally popular with the general population.
          Price is a big factor for non-students. I went to and enjoyed all home hockey games while I was a student. However, I am not willing to pay 26-42 dollars every weekend. (depending if there is one game or two) I might go to some of the bigger games but otherwise I will watch at home or follow online.

And like you say mookie, hockey...especially college hockey, is just not a very popular sport in the area. Hockey in Boston is becoming a bit more popular though thanks to back to back NCAA wins for the city and a developing Bruins team.

Comment

Originally posted by slurpees View Post
            bc is only higher for games against us, i think every other games has $10 tickets available. maine was $22 this year (i think) without TM charges, and I had forgotten about UNH who is about the same as us, also with the lame charges. and look at them, they're having troubles with attendance this year as well. really the deal breaker for bu are the ticketmaster charges pushing the price up well above $30. for games against merrimack, providence, rpi, the exhibition games, that's just stupid.

not true, games were at home, yip scored the ot winner in game 3 to send us to the garden.
            Last night you could have walked up and bought tix for $5 in front of Agganis

Comment

I thought attendance was a little sparse last night too....of course I skipped the game too to go boozing down at the Four Seasons. Anyway, ticket prices are too high. It shouldn't cost you more than 15 bucks to see a college hockey game. But, that's the world we live in now. I'm sure BU has run the #'s, and the higher prices at 85% capacity = lower prices @ 100% capacity, the difference being for "big" games they get to sell out the remaining 15% at the higher ticket price.

Beyond that, there's a little post championship hangover going on too.
              Legally drunk???? If its "legal", what's the ------- problem?!? - George Carlin

Ever notice how everybody who drives slower than you is an idiot, and everybody who drives faster is a maniac? - George Carlin

"I've never seen so much reason and bullsh*t contained in ONE MAN."

Comment

Originally posted by slurpees View Post
                id heard that dave wilson was being bussed in from maine because of sirman's injury. any chance he gets the nod over darling?
                He should deserve it !

Comment

Originally posted by Federal League View Post
                  Why, of all times, would this year's attendance start dropping of now, when the team's finally playing well?
                  I don't think most people around campus have really realized that BU has turned things around. Most of the people I talk to who aren't die hards are still under the impression that BU sucks this year. When you go from national champions to the basement of Hockey East, people lose interest real fast, and it'll probably take more than a string of wins to get the crowds back in full force.
                  Boston Hockey Blog

Comment

Originally posted by Scarlet View Post
                    Seriously, rufus?
                    Well, not you.
                    What kind of cheese are you planning to put on top?

Comment

I see scarlet right now!

Obviously all students should be free. Young alums should be $5 (0-5yr post grad yr)
                      a legend and an out of work bum look a lot alike, daddy.

Comment

Originally posted by fiqure8 View Post
                        He should deserve it !
                        No *** king way guy!!! Willie is awful on the road, in HE games, and just bad in general...Darling needs to start every game, no matter what if Maine wants to actually win a game.
                        PP34 - BEAT LA

Comment

I see you too mookie.

Comment

Congrats BU, nice weekend and good luck the rest of the way. Maine, well I guess we pick up the pieces and move on to next weekend. Thank god its at the alfond!

Comment

Originally posted by DownEastblkbearfan View Post
                              Congrats BU, nice weekend and good luck the rest of the way. Maine, well I guess we pick up the pieces and move on to next weekend. Thank god its at the alfond!
                              No doubt. Need a big weekend coming up and three weeks from now. I think 8 points the rest of the way should be good enough for home ice which is the goal from here on out, IMO.
                              PP34 - BEAT LA

Comment

Originally posted by Scarlet View Post
                                I see you too mookie.
                                Finally!

seems like years now i have to continually answer, "where do you sit?"
                                a legend and an out of work bum look a lot alike, daddy.

Comment

Working...
                                X