Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Maine at Boston University 2/12 and 13

Originally posted by walrus View Post
    What was better was the asst coach who tried to get over the glass behind the bench. The guy was livid and needed a cage as he went absolutely bonkers.
    Who was the only one involved in the whole fracus that wasn't there for the Saturday game?

If you guessed Scott Leavitt, the ref, you won!

Comment

Originally posted by sandiegoblkbr View Post
      Anyone remember when the Alfond crowd had Jack Parker faces?......I think we had put them on every seat.....that was freakin funny!
      Oh, I do remember. I seem to recall it was someone being creative with a media guide and a photocopier. This was well before today's current digital technology.

And, that was the weekend of the clipboard and water bottle being thrown on the ice by Parker. A mini riot broke out behind the BU bench. Scott Cashman took a swing at a fan over the glass with his stick ....missed...and hit Coach Parker.

I even seem to recall one of those Jack Parker faces having red ink on Parker's face the next night...representing the blood from the injury inflicted on him by Cashman.

Oh, those were some good times.
      Last edited by btb91; 02-11-2010, 07:31 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by btb91 View Post
        Oh, I do remember. I seem to recall it was someone being creative with a media guide and a photocopier. This was well before today's current digital technology.

And, that was the weekend of the clipboard and water bottle being thrown on the ice by Parker. A mini riot broke out behind the BU bench. Scott Cashman took a swing at a fan over the glass with his stick ....missed...and hit Coach Parker.

I even seem to recall one of those Jack Parker faces having red ink on Parker's face the next night...representing the blood from the injury inflicted on him by Cashman.

Oh, those were some good times.

When Cashman went unhinged the Section E fans started the chant of "phycho, phycho, phycho."

Comment

Good times indeed!

Comment

We'll be live blogging both games this weekend.
            Places I've seen a college hockey game: Agganis Arena, Alfond Arena, Bright Center, Consol Energy Center, Conte Forum, DCU Center, Fenway Park, Gutterson Fieldhouse, Houston Field House, Lawler Arena, Madison Square Garden, Matthews Arena, Mullins Center, Schneider Arena, Scottrade Center, Sears Centre, Tampa Bay Times Forum, TD Bank Sports Center, TD Garden, Tsongas Center, Tully Forum, Verizon Center, Verizon Wireless Arena, Walter Brown Arena, Wells Fargo Center, Whittemore Center

Comment

Is this game going to be on All-Access? It seems when the game is televised, it is not on all-access.
              BU Hockey: The trophy case is once again growing

Comment

Originally posted by defkit View Post
                It seems when the game is televised, it is not on all-access.
                That is correct, so tonight's game will not be on all-access.
                Places I've seen a college hockey game: Agganis Arena, Alfond Arena, Bright Center, Consol Energy Center, Conte Forum, DCU Center, Fenway Park, Gutterson Fieldhouse, Houston Field House, Lawler Arena, Madison Square Garden, Matthews Arena, Mullins Center, Schneider Arena, Scottrade Center, Sears Centre, Tampa Bay Times Forum, TD Bank Sports Center, TD Garden, Tsongas Center, Tully Forum, Verizon Center, Verizon Wireless Arena, Walter Brown Arena, Wells Fargo Center, Whittemore Center

Comment

Originally posted by Federal League View Post
                  That is correct, so tonight's game will not be on all-access.
                  Surely that's something to do with the contract NESN has, but it makes little sense to be. All-Access if primarily for fans outside of the Boston area who can't make it to the games, right? And unless one has DirecTV, they don't get NESN outside of New England. So for me, no way to watch this game. That and many other factors made me refrain from purchasing All-Access in the first place.
                  Boston University 2009 Champs
                  Notre Dame 2012-?

Comment

Originally posted by candycanes99 View Post
                    Surely that's something to do with the contract NESN has, but it makes little sense to be. All-Access if primarily for fans outside of the Boston area who can't make it to the games, right? And unless one has DirecTV, they don't get NESN outside of New England. So for me, no way to watch this game. That and many other factors made me refrain from purchasing All-Access in the first place.

Plus, if given the choice of watching the game on NESN or watching the horrible grainy feed on All-Access, who wouldn't choose NESN??

Comment

Originally posted by Brian Gentry View Post
                      Plus, if given the choice of watching the game on NESN or watching the horrible grainy feed on All-Access, who wouldn't choose NESN??
                      Yeah down here in GA I had to choose between AT&T Uverse (similar to Fios) and DirecTV. I knew I would miss NESN, but the fiber optic option is so good as far as DVR capabilities, and with NESN on DirecTV, you don't get the Bruins or Sox unless you buy their league packages. SO I paid for All-Access, which is better than nothing. Well, perhaps I'll hit my local sports bar - the snow will deter most other comers.
                      BU Hockey: The trophy case is once again growing

Comment

Originally posted by Brian Gentry View Post
                        I'm not disputing that, I'm saying that NESN isn't really going to be losing many viewers if it's also on All-Access, and instead the intended purpose of All-Access fails.
                        Notre Dame 2012-?

Comment

Same lineup for BU as Monday night.
                          The Terrier Hockey Fan Blog

Comment

Originally posted by candycanes99 View Post
                            I'm not disputing that, I'm saying that NESN isn't really going to be losing many viewers if it's also on All-Access, and instead the intended purpose of All-Access fails.
                            They don't want to even lose one viewer. They also get to advertise this as exclusive coverage, which they couldn't do if it was on all-access.

Comment

Originally posted by Priceless View Post
                              They don't want to even lose one viewer. They also get to advertise this as exclusive coverage, which they couldn't do if it was on all-access.
                              Yep. Now if they'd sign some kind of deal to have their coverage simulcast on NHL Network like they did for Frozen Fenway, I'd love it.
                              Notre Dame 2012-?

Comment

Any one know where I could get the lineups for tonight's game (Friday at BU)?

Comment

Working...
                                X