• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• quiddlet
    replied
    Re: Maine at Boston University 2/12 and 13

Originally posted by slurpees View Post
    no, theyre content with the 85% capacity with the high ticket prices then selling out with 100%.
    Couldn't you lower them a bit sell more and still make the same money?
    <----Not an business person.

Leave a comment:

Guest replied

no, theyre content with the 85% capacity with the high ticket prices then selling out with 100%.
    No s#!t. I thought about heading down for a game, but $26 (+ticketmaster's "fees") seemed a tad high for a regular season game.

Leave a comment:

• slurpees
    replied

Originally posted by quiddlet View Post
    Time for a group letter to the AD... has that ever gotten anything done?

Leave a comment:

• quiddlet
    replied

Originally posted by collegefan06 View Post
    Federal League, I agree with you. With the size of the student enrollment there should be people camping out to get into Aggannis for every game. With the number of alumni in Boston there should be a waiting list for season tickets. With the tradition of the program there should be many casual Boston hockey fans buying single game tickets. With the fact BU is the defending national champions that should magnify all of the above. With the quality of the arena and its easy access by both car and rail there shouldn't be excuses about "getting there".

I don't understand why every season isn't sold out before the puck drops at the first exhibition game.
    Time for a group letter to the AD... has that ever gotten anything done?

Leave a comment:

• quiddlet
    replied

Originally posted by Federal League View Post
    Going to back to 2005-06 (the first full season in Agganis):
    2005-06: 5,569
    2006-07: 5,498
    2007-08: 5,170
    2008-09: 5,055
    2009-10: 5,470

I honestly don't even know what to make of this. Other than the fact that they missed the NCAAs the year before, how can you possibly explain last season being the lowest? 05-06 and 06-07 were both good teams, and Agganis was still new, so that makes sense. Did the bad start in 07-08 really have that much of an effect? Why didn't the bad start this year have that kind of effect? Just because of the national championship? Why, of all times, would this year's attendance start dropping of now, when the team's finally playing well?
    Other questions:

Was this years BC game the first BC game @ Agganis to not sell out?
    Where are ya getting these sweet statistics?
    Were there outlier-type games with extremely low attendance pulling down 07-08, 08-09?

Leave a comment:

• collegefan06
    replied

I honestly don't even know what to make of this. Other than the fact that they missed the NCAAs the year before, how can you possibly explain last season being the lowest? 05-06 and 06-07 were both good teams, and Agganis was still new, so that makes sense. Did the bad start in 07-08 really have that much of an effect? Why didn't the bad start this year have that kind of effect? Just because of the national championship? Why, of all times, would this year's attendance start dropping of now, when the team's finally playing well?
    Federal League, I agree with you. With the size of the student enrollment there should be people camping out to get into Aggannis for every game. With the number of alumni in Boston there should be a waiting list for season tickets. With the tradition of the program there should be many casual Boston hockey fans buying single game tickets. With the fact BU is the defending national champions that should magnify all of the above. With the quality of the arena and its easy access by both car and rail there shouldn't be excuses about "getting there".

I don't understand why every season isn't sold out before the puck drops at the first exhibition game.

Leave a comment:

• slurpees
    replied

early 08-09 attendance was in large part a product of two things. early season no one came because everyone assumed they sucked. remember in late october we were wondering if they were good enough to MAKE the ncaa tournament? also, the ice breaker tickets were not part of the season ticket package (even for students originally) and were a more expensive than the normal tickets. you also have to look at ticket prices. we, by far, have the most expensive tickets in hockey east. since for the average family/fan ticketmaster is the only way to buy tickets, you have to pay the **** ticketraper fees so one tickets costs upwards of $35. that's not conducive to bringing fans to see games in a still not so great economy when the team is .500.

Leave a comment:

• Federal League
    replied

Originally posted by quiddlet View Post
    I wonder how that 86.8% compares to recent years... The really confusing Agganis stat to me this year is that we've only sold out one game (Michigan). We didn't sell out the opener vs ND (alright... it was a Tuesday) but more shockingly we didn't sell out the home game vs BC.

Leave a comment:

• quiddlet
    replied

eh i dont know, presidents day isnt the usual columbus day exodus kind of weekend. the attendance was woefully bad tonight.
    True enough.

I don't think making excuses for the attendence at Agganis gets us Terrier fans anywhere. The fact is there are thousands of activities in Boston every weekend and going to a college hockey game is only one of many. We don't have the energy and passion that Maine has at Alfond but they only have college hockey or binge drinking as entertainment options in Orono.
    On the right nights I'm not buying this "we don't have the energy and passion that Maine has at Alfond" but that's completely subjective... I'm not necessarily making excuses for the attendance, there's absolutely no reason a school as large as BU with only one attractive sports team should not be able to sell out a 6221 person arena for every game, I'm just trying to offer an explanation for the emptiness last night. I'm trying to explain it because I'm sure we all know, and based on FL's attendance averages, last night was nowhere near an averagely filled Agganis... and there had to be some reason.

Last three homes games: 5896 v UNH, 5361 v UMass, 4940 v Maine

There's no way we're actually losing 400+ fans a game... Maine would typically draw around a UNH-ish crowd, wouldn't it?

So, even if you go by percentage, that's 86.8% for Agganis and 84.2% for Alfond.
    I wonder how that 86.8% compares to recent years... The really confusing Agganis stat to me this year is that we've only sold out one game (Michigan). We didn't sell out the opener vs ND (alright... it was a Tuesday) but more shockingly we didn't sell out the home game vs BC.

Leave a comment:

• Federal League
    replied

Originally posted by Gusforhobey View Post
    This is true however the Alfond capacity is 5400 and Agganis capacity is 6300.

I'm sorry I brought this topic to the forum, it just looked a little empty last night for a big conference game thats all.
    So, even if you go by percentage, that's 86.8% for Agganis and 84.2% for Alfond.

Leave a comment:

• Gusforhobey
    replied

Alfond is averaging 4,548 this season. Agganis is averaging 5,470.
    This is true however the Alfond capacity is 5400 and Agganis capacity is 6300.

I'm sorry I brought this topic to the forum, it just looked a little empty last night for a big conference game thats all.

Leave a comment:

• mookie1995
    replied

I don't think making excuses for the attendence at Agganis gets us Terrier fans anywhere. The fact is there are thousands of activities in Boston every weekend and going to a college hockey game is only one of many. We don't have the energy and passion that Maine has at Alfond but they only have college hockey or binge drinking as entertainment options in Orono..
    don't forget tooth cleaning and sex with farm animals.

Leave a comment:

• collegefan06
    replied

Originally posted by Terrierbyassociation View Post
    Lets get the sweep boys! Last night I could just listen to the third period after surgery.
    Hope your feeling better today TBA!

Leave a comment:

• Terrierbyassociation
    replied

Lets get the sweep boys! Last night I could just listen to the third period after surgery.

Leave a comment:

• Beantown6
    replied

Originally posted by Scarlet View Post
    I don't think BU has won back to back [nights] yet this season.
    Interesting.

Last year's team played on back-to-back nights 12 times:

4 points = x7
    3 points = x2
    2 points = x2 (counting the HE Qtrs as 2 back-to-back sets)
    1 point = x0
    0 points = x1

Leave a comment:

Working...
X