Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Wisconsin Hockey 23-24: Hastily Making Wisconsin Hockey Great Again

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • non-conference schedule released per Todd M: https://***********/ToddMilewski/sta...03746036113408
    gwhinwi's: Wisconsin Badgers Recruiting Spreadsheet & Individual Face-Off Statistics

    EODS: De-Commit / Non-Pro Early Departure List

    Comment


    • What a joke of a home non-conference schedule. Augustana, Lindenwood and Alaska-Anchorage - just what the fans want to see

      Comment


      • Originally posted by sezenack View Post
        What a joke of a home non-conference schedule. Augustana, Lindenwood and Alaska-Anchorage - just what the fans want to see
        Can't disagree with this. Pretty pathetic. Granted the Kwik Trip games should be fun this year and I am going again.
        gwhinwi's: Wisconsin Badgers Recruiting Spreadsheet & Individual Face-Off Statistics

        EODS: De-Commit / Non-Pro Early Departure List

        Comment


        • Originally posted by WiscTJK View Post
          https://***********/ToddMilewski/sta...24505108955147 This is not a great look for Granato and Oz. I am glad he figured out the mental side of things.
          He said he didn't agree with how he was being used by the staff and he has had anxiety issues in the past, I don't necessarily know what TG & Co could have done differently other than play him on the top line and #1 pp, which they didn't feel he was able to do. He probably could have used a year or 2 in the USHL, he also said he was a bit immature out of high school. He does have his degree from UW and I wish him much success with the Tommies.
          Wisconsin Hockey: 1, 3, 5, 7, 9, 11 WE WANT MORE!
          ------------------------------------------------------------------------------
          Come to the Wisconsin Evangelical Lutheran Synod
          ------------------------------------------------------------------------------
          Originally Posted by Wisko McBadgerton:
          "Baggot says Hughes and Rockwood are centering the top two lines...
          Timothy A --> Great hockey mind... Or Greatest hockey mind?!?"

          Comment


          • Originally posted by Timothy A View Post

            He said he didn't agree with how he was being used by the staff and he has had anxiety issues in the past, I don't necessarily know what TG & Co could have done differently other than play him on the top line and #1 pp, which they didn't feel he was able to do. He probably could have used a year or 2 in the USHL, he also said he was a bit immature out of high school. He does have his degree from UW and I wish him much success with the Tommies.
            Tim, that is fair way to look at it, and I am hope he has success this year as well. I just wonder if he was looking for help mentally and didn't get that. And there was obviously some culture issues on the Granato/Oz teams. Hopefully this year, that will be reversed.
            gwhinwi's: Wisconsin Badgers Recruiting Spreadsheet & Individual Face-Off Statistics

            EODS: De-Commit / Non-Pro Early Departure List

            Comment


            • Originally posted by solovsfett View Post
              I REALLY don’t like hearing this, I just ish Ryder the best of luck.

              sounds to me like Granato had a bad culture on the team but I guess we knew that.

              this highlights how great it is to have Mike Hastings in as coach. And bolsters what we’ve heard about a culture change within the Men’s team.
              Thanks for posting. Great interview/link. Here's hoping we see Tyler succeed.

              Comment


              • So who is on this team??? I've lost track, this is to the best of my knowledge.

                Forwards 12 or 13?:
                Eligible for 5th yr: Lindmark - coming back?
                Sr: Silye, Stang, Bantle, MDSP
                Jr:
                So: Dyke, Tassy, Fitzgerald, Lucius, Strammel, Horbach
                Fr: Whiteclaw, Finley
                Unconfirmed TG Fr still listed on elite prospects as UW committed: Novak, Godbout, Scholl

                D 7 or 8?
                Eligible for 5th Yr: Vorlicky - coming back?
                Sr: Kehrer
                Jr: Laatsch
                So: Jugnauth, Dexheimer
                Fr: Cleveland, Schultz, Palodichuk??
                Unconfirmed TG Fr still listed on elite prospects as UW committed: Ramsey

                This is my understanding, fill in the blanks or set me straight if I have the class wrong.

                I just saw today it's the 75th year of Badger Hockey. Let's celebrate by getting into the ncaa's.
                Wisconsin Hockey: 1, 3, 5, 7, 9, 11 WE WANT MORE!
                ------------------------------------------------------------------------------
                Come to the Wisconsin Evangelical Lutheran Synod
                ------------------------------------------------------------------------------
                Originally Posted by Wisko McBadgerton:
                "Baggot says Hughes and Rockwood are centering the top two lines...
                Timothy A --> Great hockey mind... Or Greatest hockey mind?!?"

                Comment


                • I love this quote from Todd Knott
                  "There's also a balance in taking what we learned at Minnesota State and our philosophy of building a team, not necessarily just building a team of prospects every year," Knott said

                  https://t.co/U9FHxgE1Zm
                  Everything in its right place, Wisconsin Hockey National Champs!


                  "but you're not as confused as him are you. it's not your job to be as confused as Nigel". Tap pt 1.

                  "I think it's ****ing stock. What--? Which part of that is unclear to you? I think it sounds stock to my ears. I mean, do you want me to write it down?" Tap Pt. 2

                  Who???! So What!!!! Big Deal!!!!

                  Comment


                  • Originally posted by solovsfett View Post
                    I love this quote from Todd Knott
                    "There's also a balance in taking what we learned at Minnesota State and our philosophy of building a team, not necessarily just building a team of prospects every year," Knott said

                    https://t.co/U9FHxgE1Zm
                    Yeah, I thought it was a good article about recruiting balance. Another quote I liked: "I know we got beat up always for, you're old. No, there's a philosophy being just good hockey players and good human beings. So that's going to be the one thing we look at as much as good hockey players, the character side of it on making sure who we're bringing into this great university."

                    Article also available on madison.com: https://madison.com/sports/college/h...ec6c54184.html
                    gwhinwi's: Wisconsin Badgers Recruiting Spreadsheet & Individual Face-Off Statistics

                    EODS: De-Commit / Non-Pro Early Departure List

                    Comment


                    • Originally posted by WiscTJK View Post

                      Yeah, I thought it was a good article about recruiting balance. Another quote I liked: "I know we got beat up always for, you're old. No, there's a philosophy being just good hockey players and good human beings. So that's going to be the one thing we look at as much as good hockey players, the character side of it on making sure who we're bringing into this great university."

                      Article also available on madison.com: https://madison.com/sports/college/h...ec6c54184.html
                      I don't think the quality of a human being that TG was recruiting versus who Hasting is recruiting is any different. It comes down to coaching, mentoring and motivation.
                      Wisconsin Hockey: 1, 3, 5, 7, 9, 11 WE WANT MORE!
                      ------------------------------------------------------------------------------
                      Come to the Wisconsin Evangelical Lutheran Synod
                      ------------------------------------------------------------------------------
                      Originally Posted by Wisko McBadgerton:
                      "Baggot says Hughes and Rockwood are centering the top two lines...
                      Timothy A --> Great hockey mind... Or Greatest hockey mind?!?"

                      Comment


                      • UW is very thin in goal, I sure hope they line up a couple goalies.
                        Wisconsin Hockey: 1, 3, 5, 7, 9, 11 WE WANT MORE!
                        ------------------------------------------------------------------------------
                        Come to the Wisconsin Evangelical Lutheran Synod
                        ------------------------------------------------------------------------------
                        Originally Posted by Wisko McBadgerton:
                        "Baggot says Hughes and Rockwood are centering the top two lines...
                        Timothy A --> Great hockey mind... Or Greatest hockey mind?!?"

                        Comment


                        • Originally posted by Timothy A View Post
                          UW is very thin in goal, I sure hope they line up a couple goalies.
                          Couple of freshmen, right? Could be a weak link this year.

                          Comment


                          • Originally posted by digitalbooya View Post

                            Couple of freshmen, right? Could be a weak link this year.
                            Do you really want a couple of head cases that TG mishandled somewhere between gross neglect and outright abuse? They wouldn’t need a 4th coach, they’d need a staff psychiatrist.

                            rather start fresh and have the growing pains that way

                            Comment


                            • Originally posted by Almington View Post
                              Do you really want a couple of head cases that TG mishandled somewhere between gross neglect and outright abuse? They wouldn’t need a 4th coach, they’d need a staff psychiatrist.

                              rather start fresh and have the growing pains that way
                              I mean, the transfer portal is a thing.

                              Comment


                              • Finally!!

                                https://t.co/5HKRHoy0DS

                                Everything in its right place, Wisconsin Hockey National Champs!


                                "but you're not as confused as him are you. it's not your job to be as confused as Nigel". Tap pt 1.

                                "I think it's ****ing stock. What--? Which part of that is unclear to you? I think it sounds stock to my ears. I mean, do you want me to write it down?" Tap Pt. 2

                                Who???! So What!!!! Big Deal!!!!

                                Comment

                                Working...
                                X