Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• They keep opening up more of the 3rd tier; they did 4 more sections. I'm contemplating a double Friday, but the 8pm start time is painful for me with an hour drive home though.
    Wisconsin Hockey: 1, 3, 5, 7, 9, 11 WE WANT MORE!
    ------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Come to the Wisconsin Evangelical Lutheran Synod
    Originally Posted by Wisko McBadgerton:
    "Baggot says Hughes and Rockwood are centering the top two lines...
    Timothy A --> Great hockey mind... Or Greatest hockey mind?!?"

Comment

• Now they opened up the rest of the third tier opposite end of the band. I decided that I'm going to go to the Friday game so yeah I'm doing the double with my daughter on Friday. Fun times for sure.

Comment

• Finally Gameday! Lets go Red!

Comment

• From what I know, Horbach should be back in the lineup tonight. He made the trip last weekend to PSU but they held him out (good discipline). Lindmark I believe they are nursing back still. Def not playing this weekend. Hoping for a Big10 playoff return next week.

That being said...I kinda dont want the bye. Keep the train rolling. This team doesnt do well with time off.
          Last edited by GoBucky18; 03-01-2024, 09:50 AM.

Comment

• Originally posted by GoBucky18 View Post
            From what I know, Horbach should be back in the lineup tonight. He made the trip last weekend to PSU but they held him out (good discipline). Lindmark I believe they are nursing back still. Def not playing this weekend. Hoping for a Big10 playoff return next week.

That being said...I kinda dont want the bye. Keep the train rolling. This team doesnt do well with time off.
            I agree. They have not solved the bye week puzzle yet, so I won't be too disappointed if they don't get the title, I want the NCAA way more.

Comment

• So... have MSU come in and win the title on our ice?

Yeah... no.

Isn't there a two week gap between the regionals and the Frozen Four?

Win the B1G and then learn how to handle the time off or go home.

I'll be there tonight... in a suite no less.

Comment

• Originally posted by Gurth 2.0 View Post
                So... have MSU come in and win the title on our ice?

Yeah... no.

Isn't there a two week gap between the regionals and the Frozen Four?

Win the B1G and then learn how to handle the time off or go home.

I'll be there tonight... in a suite no less.
                Agreed! The team will have to deal with a week off if they get to the FF so man up!

also…..PHIL will be in the house tonight!!!!!
                Everything in its right place, Wisconsin Hockey National Champs!

"but you're not as confused as him are you. it's not your job to be as confused as Nigel". Tap pt 1.

"I think it's ****ing stock. What--? Which part of that is unclear to you? I think it sounds stock to my ears. I mean, do you want me to write it down?" Tap Pt. 2

Who???! So What!!!! Big Deal!!!!

Comment

• Jesus Christ MSU plays as dirty as Notre Dame.

I’ve seen 3 obvious boarding infractions and only one was called. Not to mention a couple of obvious hits on players well after they’ve made a pass.

F MSU. Pour it on them in the 3rd!

"but you're not as confused as him are you. it's not your job to be as confused as Nigel". Tap pt 1.

"I think it's ****ing stock. What--? Which part of that is unclear to you? I think it sounds stock to my ears. I mean, do you want me to write it down?" Tap Pt. 2

Comment

• Maybe this will re-energize them for next week. Given how OSU played them a few weeks ago, they better find another gear.

Comment

• Wisconsin was the better team tonight, dominated stretches of play like the 06 team but MSU got a couple of lucky breaks, especially on the 3rd goal.

I have to say I didn’t care about MSU at all but now after this season I’m starting to hate these *****s, especially their coach

Comment

• The Badgers have no closers... no finishers.

Been a problem the last several weeks. Lots of shots and pretty looking chances but not enough finish.

UW obviously the more talented team on the ice but MSU incredibly opportunistic and capitalized on their best chances - MSU clutch and UW not so much.

All three MSU goals were off Badger mistakes and MSU capitalized each time and that's game.

First goal was all Mac... super soft flub.

Second goal came after a squirt-like collision at center ice.

Third goal was a terrible change - dude that exited the ice either needs to stay in the play or move his ***. Slow walked to the bench as the play was going by him and then it was in the back of the net.

Frustrating game and this team is going nowhere if a few guys don't step up and start finishing the chances they get. 46+ shots and 2 goals? Not good enough.

Comment

• Originally posted by Gurth 2.0 View Post
                          The Badgers have no closers... no finishers.

Been a problem the last several weeks. Lots of shots and pretty looking chances but not enough finish.

UW obviously the more talented team on the ice but MSU incredibly opportunistic and capitalized on their best chances - MSU clutch and UW not so much.

All three MSU goals were off Badger mistakes and MSU capitalized each time and that's game.

First goal was all Mac... super soft flub.

Second goal came after a squirt-like collision at center ice.

Third goal was a terrible change - dude that exited the ice either needs to stay in the play or move his ***. Slow walked to the bench as the play was going by him and then it was in the back of the net.

Frustrating game and this team is going nowhere if a few guys don't step up and start finishing the chances they get. 46+ shots and 2 goals? Not good enough.
                          I agree that there are not enough closers on this team. Need a few more snipers. And they don't convert any 3 on 2's or odd man rushes. And that change was by DSP I believe and it was bad and he pointed to himself right away on the bench. He knew it.

But I will say this was the best game I have scene the Badgers play this year in person. They came to play and to win. They were ready to go. It was just that they made 3 mistakes that directly cost them 3 goals. I would take that game and those mistakes for an entire year and I would expect them to win 90% of their games. At least. It just didn't work out tonight.

It was really a good effort by everyone. Real impressed with the effort. Bounces just didn't go our way. And... we dont have enough closers.

Edit: if they play the way they played tonight in the NCAAs, I would give them a good shot at the final four. They dominated the "best" team in the big ten.
                          Last edited by drewski192; 03-01-2024, 11:49 PM.

Comment

• I've never seen a team play such a flawless game except for three mistakes and end up losing.

It is a bummer though that the only scored one on the 5-minute major. Scoring more on that opportunity and Tassy getting blanked on the short-handed breakaway could have erased those mistakes.
                            ​​​​​​

Comment

• I must be crazy. I saw plenty of mistakes and mental errors.

The high shot total from the outside was nice I guess *shrug*

Comment

• Concur that Wisconsin controlled the majority of play. However, as stated, no ability to capitalize on best scpring opportunities. Killer instinct not there. MSU definitely.took advantage of every mistake Wisconsin made and they each resulted in a G. That is the tale of the tape.

Hope they come out better tonight, if nothing for PW. MSU just the better all around team than Wisconsin this year.

Comment

Working...
                                X