Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Wisconsin Hockey 23-24: Hastily Making Wisconsin Hockey Great Again

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • #76
    Originally posted by KaMiGo View Post

    From a different article:
    Hastings UW Base - $700,000.00 (with $25,000.00 increase each year for 5 years)
    Hastings last MSU Base - $435,000.00
    Granato UW Base - $600,000.00

    Knott UW Base - $275,000.00 (3 years)
    Knott MSU Base - $175,000.00

    Oliver UW Base - $190,000.00 (1 year contract)
    Oliver 1 year contract is interesting in a bad way. I prefer coaching stability. Why just 1 year? I bet the cost of living in Mankato is less than Madison.
    Wisconsin Hockey: 1, 3, 5, 7, 9, 11 WE WANT MORE!
    ------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Come to the Wisconsin Evangelical Lutheran Synod
    ------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Originally Posted by Wisko McBadgerton:
    "Baggot says Hughes and Rockwood are centering the top two lines...
    Timothy A --> Great hockey mind... Or Greatest hockey mind?!?"

    Comment


    • #77
      Originally posted by Timothy A View Post

      Oliver 1 year contract is interesting in a bad way. I prefer coaching stability. Why just 1 year? I bet the cost of living in Mankato is less than Madison.
      5, 3, 1 for HC, Asst 1, and Asst 2. Who knows, either Hastings wanted it that way or UW requested the contracts that way. I think the 2nd Asst on a 1 yr contract gives Hastings the flex he needs if it doesnt work out or its a year to year and allows the HC to keep him around.

      I dont think across college hockey the 2nd asst job is locked in long term. Those are the guys that tend to move around the most, no?

      Comment


      • #78
        Originally posted by Timothy A View Post

        Oliver 1 year contract is interesting in a bad way. I prefer coaching stability. Why just 1 year? I bet the cost of living in Mankato is less than Madison.
        Originally posted by GoBucky18 View Post

        5, 3, 1 for HC, Asst 1, and Asst 2. Who knows, either Hastings wanted it that way or UW requested the contracts that way. I think the 2nd Asst on a 1 yr contract gives Hastings the flex he needs if it doesnt work out or its a year to year and allows the HC to keep him around.

        I dont think across college hockey the 2nd asst job is locked in long term. Those are the guys that tend to move around the most, no?
        I thought the 1 year contract has been pretty typical for hockey assistants. And then it just rolled over year to year. Knott and Oz before him were more the exception than the rule.
        gwhinwi's: Wisconsin Badgers Recruiting Spreadsheet & Individual Face-Off Statistics

        EODS: De-Commit / Non-Pro Early Departure List

        Comment


        • #79
          The lads are moving in for the Summer. A tinge of excitement in the air.
          Wisconsin Hockey: 1, 3, 5, 7, 9, 11 WE WANT MORE!
          ------------------------------------------------------------------------------
          Come to the Wisconsin Evangelical Lutheran Synod
          ------------------------------------------------------------------------------
          Originally Posted by Wisko McBadgerton:
          "Baggot says Hughes and Rockwood are centering the top two lines...
          Timothy A --> Great hockey mind... Or Greatest hockey mind?!?"

          Comment


          • #80
            I just noticed I joined USCHO in May 2003. Who on this board wasn't born yet? ;-)

            (I know Solo & Tim have me beat, and they can't be the only ones.)
            Last edited by MadCityRich; 06-19-2023, 10:16 PM.
            "Show me a good loser, and I'll show you a loser." Vince Lombardi

            "License to kill gophers by the government of the United Nations. Man; free to kill gophers at will. To kill, you must know your enemy, and in this case, my enemy is a varmint....and a varmint will never quit...ever. They're like Viet Cong...Varmint Cong, so you have to fall back on superior intelligence and superior firepower...and that's all she wrote. Au revoir, gopher." Karl Spackler 1980

            Comment


            • #81
              Originally posted by MadCityRich View Post
              I just noticed I joined USCHO in May 2003. Who on this board wasn't born yet? ;-)

              (I know Solo & Tim have me beat, and they can't be the only ones.)
              Solo has me beat by one day, wow. He joined on April 27th and I joined on April 28th, 2002. I found out about this site from an ad in Sports Illustrated.
              Wisconsin Hockey: 1, 3, 5, 7, 9, 11 WE WANT MORE!
              ------------------------------------------------------------------------------
              Come to the Wisconsin Evangelical Lutheran Synod
              ------------------------------------------------------------------------------
              Originally Posted by Wisko McBadgerton:
              "Baggot says Hughes and Rockwood are centering the top two lines...
              Timothy A --> Great hockey mind... Or Greatest hockey mind?!?"

              Comment


              • #82
                I have to think a wait and see approach for the the fourth coach is a mistake. Come on UW, don't cheap out now! First you can no longer have the volunteer assistant and you need a goalie coach. I would think they need to hire a goalie coach for the men's and turn the women's volunteer into their fourth coach.

                https://***********/MadisonSport/sta...19465331793920
                gwhinwi's: Wisconsin Badgers Recruiting Spreadsheet & Individual Face-Off Statistics

                EODS: De-Commit / Non-Pro Early Departure List

                Comment


                • #83
                  Originally posted by MadCityRich View Post
                  I just noticed I joined USCHO in May 2003. Who on this board wasn't born yet? ;-)

                  (I know Solo & Tim have me beat, and they can't be the only ones.)
                  I found you guys much later and have only met MadCityRich in person, but I was born way before May 2003. In fact I have kids that were born before that day. Two before and one after!

                  I will have a ticket both nights again this year. Friday with friends and Saturday with a co-worker. I secured tickets again for the Fiserv Forum. We certainly have had a good time the last couple of years.
                  gwhinwi's: Wisconsin Badgers Recruiting Spreadsheet & Individual Face-Off Statistics

                  EODS: De-Commit / Non-Pro Early Departure List

                  Comment


                  • #84
                    Originally posted by WiscTJK View Post
                    I have to think a wait and see approach for the the fourth coach is a mistake. Come on UW, don't cheap out now! First you can no longer have the volunteer assistant and you need a goalie coach. I would think they need to hire a goalie coach for the men's and turn the women's volunteer into their fourth coach.

                    https://***********/MadisonSport/sta...19465331793920
                    This makes me angry. Who the hell is going to coach the goalies??????????????????????????????????????????? ?????????????
                    Wisconsin Hockey: 1, 3, 5, 7, 9, 11 WE WANT MORE!
                    ------------------------------------------------------------------------------
                    Come to the Wisconsin Evangelical Lutheran Synod
                    ------------------------------------------------------------------------------
                    Originally Posted by Wisko McBadgerton:
                    "Baggot says Hughes and Rockwood are centering the top two lines...
                    Timothy A --> Great hockey mind... Or Greatest hockey mind?!?"

                    Comment


                    • #85
                      Originally posted by Timothy A View Post

                      Solo has me beat by one day, wow. He joined on April 27th and I joined on April 28th, 2002. I found out about this site from an ad in Sports Illustrated.
                      Fun!! I don’t recall how I became aware of USCHO but recalling those early years is fun, it was the wild west here!

                      Old Salty the BC fan ripping the hell out of the University of No Hardware every week, the huge wars with gopher fans, Dirty the Nodak fan was hilarious. He got banned several times.

                      is it October yet?!?!
                      Last edited by solovsfett; 06-20-2023, 11:01 PM.
                      Everything in its right place, Wisconsin Hockey National Champs!


                      "but you're not as confused as him are you. it's not your job to be as confused as Nigel". Tap pt 1.

                      "I think it's ****ing stock. What--? Which part of that is unclear to you? I think it sounds stock to my ears. I mean, do you want me to write it down?" Tap Pt. 2

                      Who???! So What!!!! Big Deal!!!!

                      Comment


                      • #86
                        Originally posted by MadCityRich View Post
                        I just noticed I joined USCHO in May 2003. Who on this board wasn't born yet? ;-)

                        (I know Solo & Tim have me beat, and they can't be the only ones.)
                        I imagine I’m one of the younger fans. Born in 1995. I think my first account, IndianaBadger1995, was created around 2012 or 2013. Somewhere along the way I lost my password and my will to figure out which email I used for that account.

                        Comment


                        • #87
                          Duane Derksen going into the UW Athletics Hall Of Fame!!! Yes!!!

                          he was fantastic. I’m can’t tell you how many Saturday nights my Dad and I saw him play at UW between 88-92, but it was a hell of a lot of games.

                          I’ll always remember a time in maybe 89, or 90 where Derksen made a save on a gopher shot and he followed the gopher player after the shot around the back of the net chirping at him! Great times! Great competitor, very well deserved!
                          Everything in its right place, Wisconsin Hockey National Champs!


                          "but you're not as confused as him are you. it's not your job to be as confused as Nigel". Tap pt 1.

                          "I think it's ****ing stock. What--? Which part of that is unclear to you? I think it sounds stock to my ears. I mean, do you want me to write it down?" Tap Pt. 2

                          Who???! So What!!!! Big Deal!!!!

                          Comment


                          • #88
                            Originally posted by solovsfett View Post
                            Duane Derksen going into the UW Athletics Hall Of Fame!!! Yes!!!

                            he was fantastic. I’m can’t tell you how many Saturday nights my Dad and I saw him play at UW between 88-92, but it was a hell of a lot of games.

                            I’ll always remember a time in maybe 89, or 90 where Derksen made a save on a gopher shot and he followed the gopher player after the shot around the back of the net chirping at him! Great times! Great competitor, very well deserved!
                            Well deserved indeed. I just read the write up on UW's website and apparently Ian Perrin was instrumental in getting him to UW.

                            2023-2024 N/C opponents as I saw last week...

                            Augustnana 10-7/8
                            BSU / Sue 10-13/14
                            At MI Tech 10-21/22
                            KT Holiday Faceoff 12-28/29 UMD / AF / NE

                            Will they have a winning record after the first 6 games? I don't know much about BSU/Sue/MT as far as last year or what they will be like this year other than the sue were down last year.
                            Wisconsin Hockey: 1, 3, 5, 7, 9, 11 WE WANT MORE!
                            ------------------------------------------------------------------------------
                            Come to the Wisconsin Evangelical Lutheran Synod
                            ------------------------------------------------------------------------------
                            Originally Posted by Wisko McBadgerton:
                            "Baggot says Hughes and Rockwood are centering the top two lines...
                            Timothy A --> Great hockey mind... Or Greatest hockey mind?!?"

                            Comment


                            • #89
                              LaMaster and Smilanic won't be back this year.
                              Wisconsin Hockey: 1, 3, 5, 7, 9, 11 WE WANT MORE!
                              ------------------------------------------------------------------------------
                              Come to the Wisconsin Evangelical Lutheran Synod
                              ------------------------------------------------------------------------------
                              Originally Posted by Wisko McBadgerton:
                              "Baggot says Hughes and Rockwood are centering the top two lines...
                              Timothy A --> Great hockey mind... Or Greatest hockey mind?!?"

                              Comment


                              • #90
                                Originally posted by Timothy A View Post
                                LaMaster and Smilanic won't be back this year.
                                Where did you read that?
                                gwhinwi's: Wisconsin Badgers Recruiting Spreadsheet & Individual Face-Off Statistics

                                EODS: De-Commit / Non-Pro Early Departure List

                                Comment

                                Working...
                                X