Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Who had 18-4 on their bingo card? Wow.

Everything in its right place, Wisconsin Hockey National Champs!

"but you're not as confused as him are you. it's not your job to be as confused as Nigel". Tap pt 1.

"I think it's ****ing stock. What--? Which part of that is unclear to you? I think it sounds stock to my ears. I mean, do you want me to write it down?" Tap Pt. 2

Who???! So What!!!! Big Deal!!!!

Comment

• Anybody have or know of footage of the 2000 series against NoDak when Hukalo had OT winners both nights?

Comment

• Originally posted by aktick View Post
        Anybody have or know of footage of the 2000 series against NoDak when Hukalo had OT winners both nights?
        I would like to see these too!

Comment

• Originally posted by Adam_Krug#1 View Post
          How many of you subscribed to peacock, big10+, flohockey, and nchc.com to catch all the games? Just wondering if I'm in the minority that finds this ridiculous to try and watch the games.
          I subscribed to Peacock several years ago to watch Tour De France so seeing UW hockey is a bonus! I subscribe to B1G+ (Wisconsin monthly pass) during volleyball and hockey season.
          2016-2017 ECAC West Pick 'em Champion
          2013-2014 SUNYAC Pick 'em Champion
          2012-2013 NCHAMIACMCHA Pick 'em Champion
          2003-2004 SUNYAC Pick 'em Champion
          2004 Recipient of “The Poster Formerly Known as Mr. Hockey”’s Punxsutawney Phil Award for Outstanding Prognostication.
          2005-2018 Administrator of ECAC West Pick 'em & UCHC Pick 'em, the original D-III pick'em game; RIP
          2009 D-III TOP runner-up
          Wisconsin Hockey - NCAA Men's National Champions
          1973, 1977, 1981*, 1983*, 1990, 2006

Comment

• Originally posted by Adam_Krug#1 View Post
            How many of you subscribed to peacock, big10+, flohockey, and nchc.com to catch all the games? Just wondering if I'm in the minority that finds this ridiculous to try and watch the games.
            It is really ridiculous. I have Wisconsin Big Ten Plus, did one month of flohockey since two series were on there in the same month, a weekend pass to NCHC, and luckily my roommate let me use her peacock account.

Comment

• Originally posted by digitalbooya View Post

It is really ridiculous. I have Wisconsin Big Ten Plus, did one month of flohockey since two series were on there in the same month, a weekend pass to NCHC, and luckily my roommate let me use her peacock account.
              I agree completely. However, I did peacock as there was an alumni cost savings and got the whole year for a reduced amount. I can then watch the Badger BB on peacock as well. And I get access to the Office which is a nice bonus. And I like BTN+ and take their year deal for every school and every sport each year as I can get all the UW sports plus Big10 Lacrosse which I enjoy. I guess if you aren't going to games, the price is the price to see your team. I don't like it, but it is the current reality.
              gwhinwi's: Wisconsin Badgers Recruiting Spreadsheet & Individual Face-Off Statistics

EODS: De-Commit / Non-Pro Early Departure List

Comment

• Weekend recap: @Notre Dame sweep, Won Friday 2-1, won Saturday 7-4.
                Record: 18-4 overall (10-2-0-0 30 pts, 1st in Big7 (MSU has 2 games less played); Prev Wk: (2nd), (+1)
                USCHO Poll: 3rd (5 of 50 first place votes); Prev Wk: (5th) (+2)
                PWR: 2nd of 64; Prev Wk: (5th) (+3)
                RPI: 2nd; Prev Wk: (5th) (+3)
                Scoring: 3.55 GPG, 12th; Prev Wk: 3.45 GPG, T-14th (+2)
                Defense: 1.64 GAPG, 1st; Prev Wk: 1.55 GAPG, 1st (n/c)

Save %: .941, 1st; Prev Wk: .942, 1st (n/c)
                Power Play Rate: 18.68% (17 of 91), 37th; Prev Wk: 17.28% (14 of 81), 41st (+4)
                Penalty Kill Rate: 90.91% (70 of 77), 3rd; Prev Wk: 91.55% (65 of 71), 3rd (n/c)
                Penalty Min per Game: 10.77 (27th) (1st is worst); Prev Wk: 10.50 (30th) (+3)
                Penalty Min: 237, Prev Wk: 210

Shorthanded Goals Scored; 2, T-19th; Prev Wk: 2, T-18th (-1)
                Shorthanded Goals Allowed: 2, T-19th (1st is worst); Prev Wk: 1, T-35th (-16)
                Team Faceoff: 54.1%, 6th; Prev Wk: 54.1%, T-10th (+4)

SOG taken: 754 (5th); Prev Wk: 692 (4th) (-1)
                SOG allowed: 609 (T-22nd) (1st is worst); Prev Wk: 530 (33rd) (-11)

This week: Lindenwood 1/12/24 6 pm (TV – BTN+); Saturday 1/13/24 7 pm (TV – BTN+)
                Next week: Bye
                Next series: at Michigan 1/26/24 6 pm (TV – BTN+); Saturday 1/27/24 6 pm (TV – BTN+)
                gwhinwi's: Wisconsin Badgers Recruiting Spreadsheet & Individual Face-Off Statistics

EODS: De-Commit / Non-Pro Early Departure List

Comment

• With BUs OT win vs Northeastern tonight, Wisconsin #1 in the PW. Long way to go, but wow.

Comment

Anybody have or know of footage of the 2000 series against NoDak when Hukalo had OT winners both nights?
                    I have the entire games on VHS. I should send all those in and get them onto DVD's. I have quite a vast archive. Might as well send in the Iron Chef and Schumi F1 races too.

The astounding record aside, the team D being #1 in the country is what jumps out at me. Their biggest liability has become their biggest strength. Playing great team D and having balanced scoring gets you hardware.
                    Wisconsin Hockey: 1, 3, 5, 7, 9, 11 WE WANT MORE!
                    ------------------------------------------------------------------------------
                    Come to the Wisconsin Evangelical Lutheran Synod
                    Originally Posted by Wisko McBadgerton:
                    "Baggot says Hughes and Rockwood are centering the top two lines...
                    Timothy A --> Great hockey mind... Or Greatest hockey mind?!?"

Comment

• Originally posted by Timothy A View Post

I have the entire games on VHS. I should send all those in and get them onto DVD's. I have quite a vast archive. Might as well send in the Iron Chef and Schumi F1 races too.

The astounding record aside, the team D being #1 in the country is what jumps out at me. Their biggest liability has become their biggest strength. Playing great team D and having balanced scoring gets you hardware.
                      The biggest thing for me is we can hang with anyone in the country and feel good about our chances. The last time I felt that way was 2006.

Comment

• Originally posted by digitalbooya View Post

The biggest thing for me is we can hang with anyone in the country and feel good about our chances. The last time I felt that way was 2006.
                        Despite the disappointing conclusion, we were pretty good in 2010.
                        In the immortal words of Jean Paul Sartre, 'Au revoir, gopher'.

Originally posted by burd
                        I look at some people and I just know they do it doggy style. No way they're getting close to my kids.

Comment

• 10 in a row! 6th shutout for McLellan?

Anyone know why whitelaw didn’t play?
                          Everything in its right place, Wisconsin Hockey National Champs!

"but you're not as confused as him are you. it's not your job to be as confused as Nigel". Tap pt 1.

"I think it's ****ing stock. What--? Which part of that is unclear to you? I think it sounds stock to my ears. I mean, do you want me to write it down?" Tap Pt. 2

Who???! So What!!!! Big Deal!!!!

Comment

I was at the Saturday game - amazing couple of nights.

They used a photo from the Friday game for the schedule poster the following season and it hangs in my basement to this day.

No Badger has ever jumped off the ice at me like seeing Heatley in person did.

Not even Pavelski.

And that 2010 team ran into the only team that could have beaten us - freaking waterbugs from BC. Bad matchup unfortunately.

Good job taking care of business tonight against and overmatched opponent.

So fun that Badger hockey appears to be back.

Comment

• Originally posted by solovsfett View Post
                              10 in a row! 6th shutout for McLellan?

Anyone know why whitelaw didn’t play?
                              Upper body injury. Day to day.

Would have been nice to cash in on more of those breakaways but I'll take the 5-0 win.
                              Wisconsin Hockey: 1, 3, 5, 7, 9, 11 WE WANT MORE!
                              Come to the Wisconsin Evangelical Lutheran Synod
                              Originally Posted by Wisko McBadgerton:
                              "Baggot says Hughes and Rockwood are centering the top two lines...
                              Timothy A --> Great hockey mind... Or Greatest hockey mind?!?"

Comment

• Glad we secured the win. Lindenwppd had too many high qual shots out of the gate and the boys looked a little sliggish the 1st period. However, it was obvious that Lindenwood didnt really belong on the same ice sheet. Was glad we didn't get sucked into the cheap shot-retalitory game in the 3rd. Tonight need to be more crisp and getthis W and get out.

I really dont understand why we are scheduling these non conf games. They offer nothung and only hurt the RPI. Instead of playing Augustana, Long Island, etc they should be playing NCHC or other regional teams in the CCHA like Mankato, Northern Michigan, Tech, Bemidji, etc.

Comment

Working...
                                X