This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by GoBucky18 View Post
    How do you guys view the holiday tourney? In my mind, it is a must win for the Badgers. With not much room left to move in the PW and the non conf opponents being significantly weaker in the PW, only bad things can happen.

Beating Air Force & UMD/Northeastern does nothibg for us...much less Lindenwood a cple weeks later. However losing could be brutal. We need to avoid the UAA type games and break out our best Ivan Drago impersonation. Just crush the competition over those 4 games.
    Agreed. It would be nice for these teams to improve in the second half and help our pairwise. With likely some losses in the Big7, we need two wins in Milwaukee. It's likely only 2 Big7 get in the tourney this year.
    gwhinwi's: Wisconsin Badgers Recruiting Spreadsheet & Individual Face-Off Statistics

EODS: De-Commit / Non-Pro Early Departure List

Comment

• Originally posted by digitalbooya View Post
      A weekend without hockey just feels so empty.
      The past 5 years I wouldn't agree, but I certainly agree this year. And NO NHL!
      "Show me a good loser, and I'll show you a loser." Vince Lombardi

"License to kill gophers by the government of the United Nations. Man; free to kill gophers at will. To kill, you must know your enemy, and in this case, my enemy is a varmint....and a varmint will never quit...ever. They're like Viet Cong...Varmint Cong, so you have to fall back on superior intelligence and superior firepower...and that's all she wrote. Au revoir, gopher." Karl Spackler 1980

Comment

• Finley make World Junior roster, Whitelaw does not.

Comment

• Originally posted by MadCityRich View Post
          The past 5 years I wouldn't agree, but I certainly agree this year. And NO NHL!
          No NHL shocked me, but the NFL had complete control of the weekend with Christmas where it fell.
          Wisconsin Hockey: 1, 3, 5, 7, 9, 11 WE WANT MORE!
          ------------------------------------------------------------------------------
          Come to the Wisconsin Evangelical Lutheran Synod
          Originally Posted by Wisko McBadgerton:
          "Baggot says Hughes and Rockwood are centering the top two lines...
          Timothy A --> Great hockey mind... Or Greatest hockey mind?!?"

Comment

• It’s a great day for hockey!! Let’s Go Red!!!

Comment

• Originally posted by digitalbooya View Post
              It’s a great day for hockey!! Let’s Go Red!!!
              I am heading over in a few hours. Looking forward to it.
              gwhinwi's: Wisconsin Badgers Recruiting Spreadsheet & Individual Face-Off Statistics

Comment

• Let's bring home a win, fellas! Was playing around with the PW, and if they woulda beat Alaska, they'd be #1 lol. Makes these next 2 all that much more important!

Comment

• Air Force is going to bring it, I hope the lads are ready. I read Stramel is going to get some quality opportunities this weekend with Finley gone. Let's go RED!

Comment

• Refs in this game have been quite bad...
                    In the immortal words of Jean Paul Sartre, 'Au revoir, gopher'.

Originally posted by burd
                    I look at some people and I just know they do it doggy style. No way they're getting close to my kids.

Comment

• Some thoughts from the game tonight - I had a blast:
                      • Bucky was scrambling in their own zone way too much - watching the puck instead of getting a body on someone.
                      • Air Force applied some good pressure on the forecheck and Bucky didn't handle it well at times.
                      • McClellan was outstanding - he got left out to dry several times and came up big.
                      • Glad to see Silye get a couple - will need his goal scoring in the second half.
                      • Charlie Stramel is a grown *** man - he definitely looks the part and moves well for someone his size.
                      • One of the Zambonis was pretty beat up and you could see where the Roseville MN VFW Post advertising on the side had been peeled off - maybe Minnesota-Duluth towed it behind their bus on the way down.
                      • The crowd was pretty mellow - you can tell that most don't know the chants/cheers.
                      • As mentioned earlier in this thread, Bucky is one ankle turn or sprained knee away from some real problems with their six member D-man group - are they going to wear down over the second half of the season?
                      • Cruz Lucius is fun to watch even without the puck on his stick.
                      Looking forward to the game tomorrow and hopefully celebrating another win.
                      Signature under construction.....bids being accepted.

Comment

• It was a win, but they didn't play really well at all. Watching the first game where both defenses were poor (and UMD really looked bad), my hope for tonight is Northeastern's defense is as bad as it was last night.

Comment

• Originally posted by HighToTheGloveSide View Post
                          Some thoughts from the game tonight - I had a blast:[*]One of the Zambonis was pretty beat up and you could see where the Roseville MN VFW Post advertising on the side had been peeled off - maybe Minnesota-Duluth towed it behind their bus on the way down.
                          LOL. UW could not have gotten one from Madison? Surely there is a way to get them out of the building.

The crowd looked good sized for a Thursday night game.

UW played better as they knocked the rust off as the game progressed. I suspect they'll be tight out of the box tonight. Super bummed they were 0 for on the PP. That could have put the game away. Conversely dodging the 5 minute major was the key to the game, so that was awesome, a sloppy penalty there.

If Silye gets on a roll, UW will be all that more formidable. Him and Cruz stand out, though Cruz is always very noticeable on the ice in a good way of course. I sure am glad the previous administration flipped him from the rodents.

I have a wedding tonight, so I won't be able to watch live, but I get to DVR it so I can watch tomorrow. I'll be following on the Tweeder however.

Let's go RED!

Comment

• Originally posted by Timothy A View Post
                            The crowd looked good sized for a Thursday night game.

That could have put the game away. Conversely dodging the 5 minute major was the key to the game, so that was awesome, a sloppy penalty there.
                            Looks like attendance was 8652 - would love to see them fill the lower bowl tonight.

The five minute Whitelaw major slipped my mind somehow - I think he got five for leaving his feet before contact.

I was just looking through the roster and there are actually 7 D-men. I assumed that Brady Cleveland was on the USA World Juniors team with Finley but I don't see him on their roster. Did I miss something - is he hurt??
                            Last edited by HighToTheGloveSide; 12-29-2023, 08:18 AM.
                            Signature under construction.....bids being accepted.

Comment

• My thoughts:

1. They were rusty but played great D and took care of business. AF is a lot better than their record. Solid team. Bucky weathered the storm.

2. Major on Whitelaw was for extending the elbow. He is lucky he didnt get a game misconduct.

3. The audio on Bally, or at least vis BTN+ was picking up a ton of ambient background noise. Made it sound emptier than it was

4. The pep band sounded...ill just say not good. Maybe hung over haha.

5. I dont expect a MKE crowd to know the chants as its alumni/families/casual hockey fans. Theres a fair amt of fans from other teams there too. After Silye's 1st the 'One, Two, we want more!' Was pretty noticeable.

6. Moved up one in the PW bc AF beat MSU earlier in the year. If we had beat Alaska the first night, we'd be number 1 in the PW

7. Big opportunity to beat NE who sits at 25, in think in PW. That and all the other pundits are gobsmacked and fawning over HockeyEast. Much more so than the BigTen or NCHC. Be good to send a clear message.

8. Posick said the upper should be open tonight. Would love to see 12K+ there tonight.
                              Last edited by GoBucky18; 12-29-2023, 09:01 AM.

Comment

• Originally posted by HighToTheGloveSide View Post

Looks like attendance was 8652 - would love to see them fill the lower bowl tonight.

The five minute Whitelaw major slipped my mind somehow - I think he got five for leaving his feet before contact.

I was just looking through the roster and there are actually 7 D-men. I assumed that Brady Cleveland was on the USA World Juniors team with Finley but I don't see him on their roster. Did I miss something - is he hurt??
                                Lower bowl was sold out as they had several sections open in the upper deck. Best attendance in the 3 years of the tourney.

Cleveland was a healthy scratch.

Comment

Working...
                                X