Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Wisconsin Hockey 23-24: Hastily Making Wisconsin Hockey Great Again

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Originally posted by Punudski View Post
    Sorry if I missed it but does anyone know why Sam Stange hasn’t been playing? Thanks.
    He was in a game early in the year and took a stupid penalty. He was out the next game and has missed many since. I’m guessing undisciplined play as well as struggling to make the top 12 forwards is keeping him out. And even when he gets in he’s just not doing enough to stay there. That’s my .02 and somewhat educated guess.
    gwhinwi's: Wisconsin Badgers Recruiting Spreadsheet & Individual Face-Off Statistics

    EODS: De-Commit / Non-Pro Early Departure List

    Comment


    • Did the Badgers score and have a goal taken away last night?
      Originally Posted by aparch
      I love the "UA_" comment. When I see it, I think of re-runs of Match Game, and Gene Rayburn going "U, A, Blank... UA blank"

      From ADN:

      "According to NCAA, the (UAF) hockey team used ineligible players in every game played from the 2007-08 season to the 2010-11 season. Over that span, the wins and ties will all become losses. 4 wins and 2 ties came against rival UAA".

      UAF is 56-86-12 vs. UAA.

      Comment


      • Originally posted by Suze View Post
        Did the Badgers score and have a goal taken away last night?
        Yes - taken away due to clear goaltender interference.

        Was the correct call.

        Comment


        • Some really great passing leads to two nice goals in the first half of the first period. Great to get on the board early and get back to their game.

          Kinda like seeing AK Anchorage green on the Kohl Center Ice - memories of WCHA days. What's a seawolf? Clap, clap, clap clap clap.

          Comment


          • Really happy with the outcome tonight. Congratulations to Gramme for a shutout in his first career game! He was outstanding! Stramel also scored his first of the year and has started to look better.

            Comment


            • Originally posted by WiscTJK View Post

              He was in a game early in the year and took a stupid penalty. He was out the next game and has missed many since. I’m guessing undisciplined play as well as struggling to make the top 12 forwards is keeping him out. And even when he gets in he’s just not doing enough to stay there. That’s my .02 and somewhat educated guess.
              Thanks for sharing. I didn’t watch the first few games this year but always thought he was a decent effort guy with above average skill and a good head on his shoulders.

              i thought it was interesting that the UAA goalie Friday night played a whale of a game with a shutout, and then they go with the Wisconsin kid who gives up 5 goals in about half a game on Saturday night. Coach must have figured there was family in town who wanted to see him play???
              I love hockey!!!

              Comment


              • Originally posted by digitalbooya View Post
                Congratulations to Gramme for a shutout in his first career game! He was outstanding!

                His backhand save was #2 on ESPN's top plays last night.


                Comment


                • Originally posted by Punudski View Post
                  . i thought it was interesting that the UAA goalie Friday night played a whale of a game with a shutout, and then they go with the Wisconsin kid who gives up 5 goals in about half a game on Saturday night. Coach must have figured there was family in town who wanted to see him play???
                  There's no hockey logic that says they should not have started whale in game two.

                  A nice bounce back for the boys still not while still not playing at full strength.
                  Wisconsin Hockey: 1, 3, 5, 7, 9, 11 WE WANT MORE!
                  ------------------------------------------------------------------------------
                  Come to the Wisconsin Evangelical Lutheran Synod
                  ------------------------------------------------------------------------------
                  Originally Posted by Wisko McBadgerton:
                  "Baggot says Hughes and Rockwood are centering the top two lines...
                  Timothy A --> Great hockey mind... Or Greatest hockey mind?!?"

                  Comment


                  • Weekend recap: Lost to Alaska-Anchorage Friday 0-1, won Saturday 5-0

                    Record: 10-4 overall (4-2-0-0 12 pts, T-2nd in Big7); Prev Wk: (T-2nd), (n/c)
                    USCHO Poll: 6th (0 of 50 first place votes); Prev Wk: (6th) (n/c)
                    PWR: 10th of 64; Prev Wk: (T-7th) (-3)
                    RPI: 10th; Prev Wk: (7th) (-3)
                    Scoring: 3.14 GPG, 26th; Prev Wk: 3.25 GPG, T-19th (-7)
                    Defense: 1.86 GAPG, 1st; Prev Wk: 2.08 GAPG, T-3rd (+2)

                    Save %: .930, 1st; Prev Wk:.923, T-4th (+3)
                    Power Play Rate: 16.95% (10 of 59), 40th; Prev Wk: 18.75% (9 of 48), T-33rd (-7)
                    Penalty Kill Rate: 90.20% (46 of 51), 4th; Prev Wk: 88.10% (37 of 42), 8th (+4)
                    Penalty Min per Game: 10.43 (33rd) (1st is worst); Prev Wk: 9.58 (40th) (-7)
                    Penalty Min: 146, Prev Wk: 115

                    Shorthanded Goals Scored; 1, T-24th; Prev Wk: 1, T-23rd (-1)
                    Shorthanded Goals Allowed: 1, T-27th (1st is worst); Prev Wk: 1, T-23rd (+4)
                    Team Faceoff: 54.2%, 8th; Prev Wk: 52.2%, 22nd (+14)

                    SOG taken: 496 (6th); Prev Wk: 419 (9th) (+3)
                    SOG allowed: 370 (38th) (1st is worst); Prev Wk: 324 (T-36th) (+2)

                    This week: Ohio State 12/1 7 pm (TV – B1G+); Saturday 12/2 8 pm (TV – B1G+)
                    Next week: Penn State 12/8 8 pm (TB – BTN); Saturday 12/9 7 pm (TV – B1G+)
                    Following week: Finals and Christmas Break until Kwik Trip Holiday Face-Off 12/28 - 29
                    gwhinwi's: Wisconsin Badgers Recruiting Spreadsheet & Individual Face-Off Statistics

                    EODS: De-Commit / Non-Pro Early Departure List

                    Comment


                    • Good bounce-back on Saturday - on to Ohio State.

                      Got my tickets for both days of the holiday tournament in Milwaukee - can't wait!!
                      Signature under construction.....bids being accepted.

                      Comment


                      • A couple observations over the past two weekends:

                        We are one of the best defensive teams in the nation. The PK, GAA, face off W %.

                        Two things hurting Bucky is the PP and constantly having to chase goals to tie the game up. While that may show a lot of drive and perseverance, its not ideal and will bite teams eventually. In 9 games so far the men have been playing from behind.

                        The goal against McClellan on Fri was our own doing. 3 WI guys right in front of McClellan, 1 way wide above the far dot and 1 almost completely out of the pic deep in the near corner circling back. WI didnt score on grade A chances and then felt like they were rushing shots from the perimeter with no help infront of the goal. Plenty of rebounds with no one nearby to clea up. 41 shots. Gotta be more effective than that.

                        OSU I think is close to a must win series. At least 5 out of six pts.

                        Comment


                        • Originally posted by Punudski View Post

                          Thanks for sharing. I didn’t watch the first few games this year but always thought he was a decent effort guy with above average skill and a good head on his shoulders.

                          i thought it was interesting that the UAA goalie Friday night played a whale of a game with a shutout, and then they go with the Wisconsin kid who gives up 5 goals in about half a game on Saturday night. Coach must have figured there was family in town who wanted to see him play???
                          I think many UAA fans are wondering the same thing. This has happened more than once this season.
                          Originally Posted by aparch
                          I love the "UA_" comment. When I see it, I think of re-runs of Match Game, and Gene Rayburn going "U, A, Blank... UA blank"

                          From ADN:

                          "According to NCAA, the (UAF) hockey team used ineligible players in every game played from the 2007-08 season to the 2010-11 season. Over that span, the wins and ties will all become losses. 4 wins and 2 ties came against rival UAA".

                          UAF is 56-86-12 vs. UAA.

                          Comment


                          • We gave up 1 goal for the weekend and went 1-1-0. That’s really rough to think about.

                            Comment


                            • Originally posted by digitalbooya View Post
                              We gave up 1 goal for the weekend and went 1-1-0. That’s really rough to think about.
                              Trying to stay positive, defense is being stressed. The hustle I have seen on back checking and getting back on rushes is way better than anything the last 7 years and is paying dividends with a fantastic 10 - 4 record. Who would have thought they'd be that record at the start of the year?

                              gwhinwi's: Wisconsin Badgers Recruiting Spreadsheet & Individual Face-Off Statistics

                              EODS: De-Commit / Non-Pro Early Departure List

                              Comment


                              • The defense is fantastic. It's awesome to see. It was the missing piece of the puzzle for TG. I'm 100% confident the scoring will come. The shots are there and the guys are taking the coaching to heart as we saw from game 1 to game 2 last weekend.

                                I wish somebody at the presser would have asked Hastings about how the Fink poaching thing went down. He alluded to the fact that Padilochuck was under heavy pressure from other teams when he took the job.
                                Wisconsin Hockey: 1, 3, 5, 7, 9, 11 WE WANT MORE!
                                ------------------------------------------------------------------------------
                                Come to the Wisconsin Evangelical Lutheran Synod
                                ------------------------------------------------------------------------------
                                Originally Posted by Wisko McBadgerton:
                                "Baggot says Hughes and Rockwood are centering the top two lines...
                                Timothy A --> Great hockey mind... Or Greatest hockey mind?!?"

                                Comment

                                Working...
                                X