This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by ExileOnDaytonStreet View Post
    I’ll repeat a thought from earlier: there is a little puck luck going our way (certainly McClellan standing on his head in a few games) that has kept us from slipping into that 0.500 +/- 2 games range that Almington pointed out.

I suspect that there’s some regression to the mean happening in the coming weeks at some point. Nothing too crazy, but probably drop a winnable game here and there and maybe lose some close ones.

Because if that doesn’t happen soon, then this is going to be a /special/ season.
    Yeah, I don't know, with a little puck luck they would have beat the sue too.
    Wisconsin Hockey: 1, 3, 5, 7, 9, 11 WE WANT MORE!
    ------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Come to the Wisconsin Evangelical Lutheran Synod
    ------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Originally Posted by Wisko McBadgerton:
    "Baggot says Hughes and Rockwood are centering the top two lines...
    Timothy A --> Great hockey mind... Or Greatest hockey mind?!?"

Comment

• Jam packed sports night tomorrow.

I recall that some in here are not multi-sport fans but we are and tomorrow features hockey women at tOSU (BIG series and Natty rematch), hockey men at MSU (going into a hornet's nest?), volleyball at Purdue (in need of a win to keep home court through playoffs possible?) and then Badger hoops (meh coz current circumstances and opponent) and Bucks basketball.

The last two aren't as important as the first three but I'll have the second TV going and will have to surf a bit. Saturday will be nice with the hockey games staggered.

--------

Regarding Badger football... figured there would be growing pains and we weren't going undefeated this season but things have gone worse than I expected.

I'm not a fan of the new offensive scheme nor Fick's seemingly blind following of analytics over taking filed goals (attempts) in certain situations.

That said, seems there is a divide in the locker room and the ones who aren't on board need to find the door. Fickell's gonna get a good chance to succeed so the sooner the malcontents are gone, the better. They aren't gonna outlast him.

---------

Back to Badger hockey.

Finally broke down and got B1G+ this year (coz no hockey on TV and volleyball) and excited to get to see all 4 Badger hockey games this weekend.

Big tests for both squads.

Feel like MSU has gotta be laying in the weeds for us. Wonder if they'll get a crowd.

Grabbed a few more games' tickets. Have a feeling that the days (years) of being able to get row A of the 200s for any (Friday) game we want will be coming to a close. We used to have both nights' tix but won't go back to that - was fun at the time but been there, done that.

Comment

• Originally posted by Gurth 2.0 View Post

Back to Badger hockey.

Finally broke down and got B1G+ this year (coz no hockey on TV and volleyball) and excited to get to see all 4 Badger hockey games this weekend.

Big tests for both squads.

Feel like MSU has gotta be laying in the weeds for us. Wonder if they'll get a crowd.

Grabbed a few more games' tickets. Have a feeling that the days (years) of being able to get row A of the 200s for any (Friday) game we want will be coming to a close. We used to have both nights' tix but won't go back to that - was fun at the time but been there, done that.
        There's no question MSU will be fired up to take us on this weekend. Even though Munn only holds a bit over 6100, it will be full and loud and they will attempt to make the atmosphere intimidating if the Badgers don't take the crowd out by gaining a lead and minimizing the Spartan scoring. Interested in seeing if Wisconsin can reignite the scoring machine after the week off.

Comment

• It’s a great day for hockey! Let’s go red!!

Comment

• Originally posted by jwilli View Post

There's no question MSU will be fired up to take us on this weekend. Even though Munn only holds a bit over 6100, it will be full and loud and they will attempt to make the atmosphere intimidating if the Badgers don't take the crowd out by gaining a lead and minimizing the Spartan scoring. Interested in seeing if Wisconsin can reignite the scoring machine after the week off.
            There's men's basketball going on concurrently across the street at Breslin tonight and the holiday parade is also in the same time window in downtown Lansing, so there's some question about how full Munn will be for the first game. Saturday night should be the better attended, of course depending on how Friday ends up.

Comment

• Just arrived in East Lansing gents. Looking forward to see how the gentlemen come out swinging tonight! Go Bucky!
              Last edited by GoBucky18; 11-17-2023, 02:35 PM.

Comment

• Originally posted by GoBucky18 View Post
                Just arrived in East Lansing gents. Looking forward to see how the gentlemen come out swinging tonight! Go Bucky!
                Have fun!!

Comment

• Badgers playing like a team that hasn't played in a couple weeks. Passes not as crisp. Shake the rust off boys!

Comment

• 2nd period was abysmal. Outworked in every phase.

Comment

• Whelp, when you play like crap and wait to the 3rd period to press, you're more than likely going to lose.

Comment

• Final note: The power play doesn't look very threatening without Cruz Lucius.

Fitzgerald was also 6 for 21 in the faceoff dot. That's not going to cut it.
                        Last edited by digitalbooya; 11-17-2023, 08:52 PM.

Comment

• Sparty played strong defense all night. Maybe the best I’ve seen All year.

playing without Lucius and Vorlicky was a bummer but I’m sure the team will be fired up to win tomorrow.
                          Everything in its right place, Wisconsin Hockey National Champs!

"but you're not as confused as him are you. it's not your job to be as confused as Nigel". Tap pt 1.

"I think it's ****ing stock. What--? Which part of that is unclear to you? I think it sounds stock to my ears. I mean, do you want me to write it down?" Tap Pt. 2

Who???! So What!!!! Big Deal!!!!

Comment

• Originally posted by solovsfett View Post
                            Sparty played strong defense all night. Maybe the best I’ve seen All year.

playing without Lucius and Vorlicky was a bummer but I’m sure the team will be fired up to win tomorrow.
                            I didn't hear, what happened to Vorlicky?

Comment

• Lucious had the flu and Vorlicky injured "lower body" if I remember. Was a tough one tonight. 2nd period was pretty abysmal after they tied it.up.

Their PK was pretty passive and they kinda let MSU tee off too much for my taste and it let to the inevitable. PP was difficult to watch...felt like it was actually MSU that was on the PP.

I dont want to get down on the team, theyll be back. It was a VERY physical game. While I love that, sometimes I felt the Badgers got sucked into the checking game instead of anticipating where the puck was going. That led to a ton of odd man rushes and top chances for MSU. The passion was there, theu just have to play a little smarter.

McClellan kept them in that game. With some puck luck it either could have been an OT game.or 6-2 MSU lol. Thats hockey.

Tomorrow is a new day! Let's go to Splitsville.

Comment

• On the radio they said the flu is running thru the team and Hastings even left the bench for several minutes in the second. I wonder if that hurt the energy level. Either way they have to be much better to get the split. MSU looks like the best team they played this year. They almost doubled our SOG.
                                gwhinwi's: Wisconsin Badgers Recruiting Spreadsheet & Individual Face-Off Statistics

EODS: De-Commit / Non-Pro Early Departure List

Comment

Working...
                                X