Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Wow. Haven’t posted in years but have been waiting for this. Owen Lindmark at the end gave me chills. I don’t think they can sustain this type of win% but this is not something I have seen since the beginning of 2005-2006 when they were something like 18-1-2 to start. Not saying this team will win the natty, but I feel confident they will make the tourney and have a shot. I haven’t really felt like that in about 15 years to be honest. I have officially bought in and will be driving 3 hours with my family to at least 1-2 games this year. **** YEAH!!!!
    I love hockey!!!

Comment

• Great game, great win! Wisconsin really went toe to toe all night long with the weasels.

and of course the weasels gooned it up at the end.

great to see Matty D get the winner.
      Everything in its right place, Wisconsin Hockey National Champs!

"but you're not as confused as him are you. it's not your job to be as confused as Nigel". Tap pt 1.

"I think it's ****ing stock. What--? Which part of that is unclear to you? I think it sounds stock to my ears. I mean, do you want me to write it down?" Tap Pt. 2

Who???! So What!!!! Big Deal!!!!

Comment

• This team is so clutch! DSP with 6.5 seconds left! What a dumb challenge by Michigan. The puck NEVER went in the net.

Comment

• Badgers looked off their game most of the night and Michigan outplayed them, but we somehow freaking won at the end. Again. Unreal. Great game, again!

Comment

• Originally posted by Gurth 2.0 View Post
            Students were actually into the 200s - we were in row A of section 220 and had a good vantage point.

The students were loud and engaged and their sections were pretty much full, even in the 200s.

My quibble is that they didn't know the dances/participation or whatever you'd call them. Hardly any of them did the tequila thing or any of the other participation songs. When they started If You Want to be a Badger, I thought they'd at least know that one and most did not.

When they were chanting Stand Up Old People with 3 minutes to go, I was clapping back with Learn the Dances.

Go me!

Also saw several times where the band leader/conductor seemed confused or tentative as to whether they were to play or not.

Didn't see a DJ but the girl MC or whatever is as annoying as ever. Not her fault but just unnecessary to engage the fans during every pause in the action.

The canned music and dance cam stuff is lame - nowhere near as bad as at Fiserv though when we went to the volleyball game there in September. Ungodly loud and they did it at every pause. Was clear that they didn't have any other trick. Honestly ruined a good chunk of that experience for me.

At least our canned music is at a reasonable decibel level.

Now get off my lawn!
            Gurth!

Is that you, Pan?
            Last edited by burd; 11-04-2023, 09:20 PM.

Comment

• Skunk weasel official univ article says "it appeared the shot went in before the goal was knocked off its posts."

What sore loser revisionist history. There was absolutely nothing that showed (from all the angles provided) that conclusively showed the puck was in the net before being knocked off.

They just cant ever accept a loss. Thats how arrogant they are.

Comment

• Originally posted by druzy192 View Post
                Badgers looked off their game most of the night and Michigan outplayed them, but we somehow freaking won at the end. Again. Unreal. Great game, again!
                I dont think they looked off their game. The weasels had many less odd man rushes than Fri night. MI played a much tighter game tonight & hedged that if they tightened their D, WI skill players couldnt beat theirs.

Wi clearly won the FO% and puck possession and had a lot more grade A's than MI.

MI played gritty but showed their colors at the end with the sore loser crap. Lindmark made sure there was no last sec shot by them lol
                Last edited by GoBucky18; 11-04-2023, 11:36 PM.

Comment

• I picked the right game to go. What an atmosphere and what a game. Outstanding game start to finish. Roof blew off the place when DSP scored. Electric ending

Comment

• Originally posted by GoBucky18 View Post

Wi clearly won the FO% and puck possession and had a lot more grade A's than MI.
                    That was pretty much a hallmark of Hastings's time in Mankato. Most games they had the most faceoff wins, most time of possession, and most offensive zone time.
                    My guy is a hard-nosed hockey player who is not afraid to crash the net. Your guy is a goon who runs the goalie.

Comment

Skunk weasel official univ article says "it appeared the shot went in before the goal was knocked off its posts."
                      I sure would have liked to have seen an overhead replay. It would have clearly showed if the puck A) did hit the net, and B) crossed the plane of the line before the net came loose.

I expected a tighter game yesterday, neither coach had to have been happy with the racehorse style of the game before. MI to me had more high end opportunities with small space puck handling, but those opportunities did not necessarily turn into a SOG. Kyle was awesome again. Not only is UW a hockey school again, it also appears to be a goalie school again. I hope UW can get a 5th year out of him.
                      Wisconsin Hockey: 1, 3, 5, 7, 9, 11 WE WANT MORE!
                      ------------------------------------------------------------------------------
                      Come to the Wisconsin Evangelical Lutheran Synod
                      ------------------------------------------------------------------------------
                      Originally Posted by Wisko McBadgerton:
                      "Baggot says Hughes and Rockwood are centering the top two lines...
                      Timothy A --> Great hockey mind... Or Greatest hockey mind?!?"

Comment

• Was on a pub crawl last night and checking in from time to time on B1G+

Happened to tune in right at the challenge but with no volume had to piece together that they must have thought a goal was scored. I knew that we'd either be down 1 or on a power play. Was pretty surprised they'd challenge knowing the penalty for losing it.

Stayed tuned in for the gwg.

Sweet win.

Good to see us pull out a fire wagon game and then also be able to come through when things were tighter.

Originally posted by burd View Post

Gurth!

Is that you, Pan?
                        Yep... good to see you are still around.

Comment

• Did you guys hear that Wisconsin hired Hastings away from Minnesota State? I hear this guy is pretty good. Don’t know though.

Comment

I'm not sure what the final stats were, but listening to the game, we had won 29 of 43 FO's (late 2nd/early 3rd), and we seemed to win almost all of them at the end of the 3rd. Absolutely dominated the FO's.

Comment

• Up to #3 in the USCHO Poll. Somehow dropped to 6th in the Pairwise.

Comment

• Originally posted by digitalbooya View Post
                                Up to #3 in the USCHO Poll. Somehow dropped to 6th in the Pairwise.
                                More comparisons each week. It's going to jump around allot, especially early in the year.

gwhinwi's: Wisconsin Badgers Recruiting Spreadsheet & Individual Face-Off Statistics

EODS: De-Commit / Non-Pro Early Departure List

Comment

Working...
                                X