Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Could only watch on BTN+ without sound, which is sadly somehow better than BTN+ with sound, but it looked like Michigan had mostly control of the play. Not unexpected given Michigan's outstanding team and the significant jump in expectations between last weekend and this weekend, but HOT DOG if they didn't handle it like champions!! It's so exciting to see a Badger team battle back from deficits again and again; going down 2 goals (TWO!) and coming back with three straight to take down a perennial power house, let alone one that's had our number, it's just so great. On Wisconsin!

Comment

• Echoing other posts but that was a lot of fun - a throwback to what it felt like to be in the KC in the first 10 years of the 2000s.

Solid crowd and I like that they don't sell the 300s for now. Good to keep people more packed together.

Also like that I could have a beer or two. I've always brought in my own flask and will again, but nice to have another option.

Used to be a member of the Blue Line Club - remember that? Rushing down to slam an Esser's Best between periods... sure was fun to have tix back in those days.

Michigan was the better team through two but Wisconsin really brought it in the 3rd. We would have caved for sure last season down 4-2, but something different is going on.

I thought it very telling after the game the way the players were truly excited skating down to do Varsity and pumping up the crowd. Not only that but a good chunk of the crowd stayed and wasn't in a rush to get to their cars. And then after Varsity the team launched themselves into the glass at the students... looked like a tsunami as it swayed under the onslaught. I've never seen them do that before.

You can feel the tension of years of losing breaking - not just with the players but also in the crowd. Was palpable to me.

Jaded observers might say "Act like you've been there before." or "You won a game in November... hang a banner!" but nah... being a losing program will take a toll. I'm sure the players are sick of it and it's not why they came here.

There will be adversity of course. Will be interesting to see how they handle it.

Whatever culture and belief that Hastings has instilled is still new. Hopefully it holds through the inevitable tougher times that are sure to come.

Especially if we continue to give up the number of grade A opportunities that we did last night. Definitely have some work to do on D zone coverage and preventing odd man breaks.

Not gonna worry too much about that right at this moment though.

Just so happy that Wisconsin Hockey looks to be back on the correct path.

Comment

• This may not be a sentiment most agree with but god damn I’m beginning to hate Michigan hockey as much as I despise that pride on ice rat fest to the east.
        Everything in its right place, Wisconsin Hockey National Champs!

"but you're not as confused as him are you. it's not your job to be as confused as Nigel". Tap pt 1.

"I think it's ****ing stock. What--? Which part of that is unclear to you? I think it sounds stock to my ears. I mean, do you want me to write it down?" Tap Pt. 2

Who???! So What!!!! Big Deal!!!!

Comment

• Originally posted by solovsfett View Post
          This may not be a sentiment most agree with but god damn I’m beginning to hate Michigan hockey as much as I despise that pride on ice rat fest to the east.
          MI is one of those teams that is high flying, high skill but defense has really been their weakness over the years.

On ankther note, the fact that they are co-located with the USNDTP and can influence in perception or reality makes me root against them all the time.

They are really good...but they are weasels.

Comment

• Also, I assume everyone has watched the 75th season promo video?

It is all about the legacy...and then at the last second, theres a quick flash to Hasty turning his head down the ice really quick. Chilling. The level of seriousness and respect in that look about the program says it all. Like an eagle turning its head to a piece of prey.

Comment

• Originally posted by GoBucky18 View Post

MI is one of those teams that is high flying, high skill but defense has really been their weakness over the years.

On ankther note, the fact that they are co-located with the USNDTP and can influence in perception or reality makes me root against them all the time.

Yes on all of this. But I feel they’ve had several moments where they’ve crossed the line into dirty play. It started with Berenson and I think the new coach played for Berenson so that tracks. I give them credit they are the fastest team I’ve seen all year and highly skilled on offense. They pass like the globetrotters but they’re arrogant as hell and when things don’t go their way they play cheap.

I still don’t understand how Simon Tassy is practically bodyslammed on the ice and there’s no call. That should have been 5 and a game.

drop the puck on these weasels tonight!

https://youtu.be/3lLX8zS8Xco?si=xV8BKZB5kCTXSfpY

"but you're not as confused as him are you. it's not your job to be as confused as Nigel". Tap pt 1.

"I think it's ****ing stock. What--? Which part of that is unclear to you? I think it sounds stock to my ears. I mean, do you want me to write it down?" Tap Pt. 2

Comment

• Originally posted by druzy192 View Post
                The band is off a bit on its tunes and timing. Lecrone should come back and give a lecture on what and when to play stuff. Other than that pretty good atmosphere. Happy for the fans that spent their money to come out.
                Considering that the University/AD is trying to de-emphasize the band, can’t be too surprised.

Last nights radio, it was clear that they were playing generic techno pump up music over the band and CC trying to do the power play cheer.

Part of me gets it: the Crease Creatures are reduced to the 100 level, being terrible for a decade plus COVID destroyed a lot of the energy and tradition there. But why make it worse? Why try to stop it from coming back?
                If you want to be a BADGER, just come along with me

BRING BACK PAT RICHTER!!!

At his graduation ceremony from the U of Minnesota, my cousin got a keychain. When asked what UW gave her for graduation, my sister said, "A degree from a University that matters."

Canned music is a pathetic waste of your time.

Comment

• Students were actually into the 200s - we were in row A of section 220 and had a good vantage point.

The students were loud and engaged and their sections were pretty much full, even in the 200s.

My quibble is that they didn't know the dances/participation or whatever you'd call them. Hardly any of them did the tequila thing or any of the other participation songs. When they started If You Want to be a Badger, I thought they'd at least know that one and most did not.

When they were chanting Stand Up Old People with 3 minutes to go, I was clapping back with Learn the Dances.

Go me!

Also saw several times where the band leader/conductor seemed confused or tentative as to whether they were to play or not.

Didn't see a DJ but the girl MC or whatever is as annoying as ever. Not her fault but just unnecessary to engage the fans during every pause in the action.

The canned music and dance cam stuff is lame - nowhere near as bad as at Fiserv though when we went to the volleyball game there in September. Ungodly loud and they did it at every pause. Was clear that they didn't have any other trick. Honestly ruined a good chunk of that experience for me.

At least our canned music is at a reasonable decibel level.

Now get off my lawn!

Comment

• Originally posted by ExileOnDaytonStreet View Post

Considering that the University/AD is trying to de-emphasize the band, can’t be too surprised.

Last nights radio, it was clear that they were playing generic techno pump up music over the band and CC trying to do the power play cheer.

Part of me gets it: the Crease Creatures are reduced to the 100 level, being terrible for a decade plus COVID destroyed a lot of the energy and tradition there. But why make it worse? Why try to stop it from coming back?
                    Lot's of pumped in music. A couple of them got the crowd going and were pretty cool. But the rest of it was annoying. Lechrone retired a few years ago and from my recollection he was at most of the hockey games and directed everything. He pretty much set up the atmosphere created by the band since Bob Johnson I believe. Having him gone hurts. I think they will figure it out as long as fans let them know.

Comment

• Originally posted by solovsfett View Post

Yes on all of this. But I feel they’ve had several moments where they’ve crossed the line into dirty play. It started with Berenson and I think the new coach played for Berenson so that tracks. I give them credit they are the fastest team I’ve seen all year and highly skilled on offense. They pass like the globetrotters but they’re arrogant as hell and when things don’t go their way they play cheap.

I still don’t understand how Simon Tassy is practically bodyslammed on the ice and there’s no call. That should have been 5 and a game.

drop the puck on these weasels tonight!

https://youtu.be/3lLX8zS8Xco?si=xV8BKZB5kCTXSfpY
                      Our D definitely look slow compared to Michigan. It made for some rough zone breakouts.

Is that what happened to Tassy?? I saw him laying on the ground and shortly afterwards he slammed his helmet so hard on the ice that we could hear it from the top row of section 128.

He is becoming a fan favorite. Goal and an assist. Clutch moments aplenty

Comment

• Originally posted by digitalbooya View Post

Our D definitely look slow compared to Michigan. It made for some rough zone breakouts.

Is that what happened to Tassy?? I saw him laying on the ground and shortly afterwards he slammed his helmet so hard on the ice that we could hear it from the top row of section 128.

He is becoming a fan favorite. Goal and an assist. Clutch moments aplenty
                        I saw the end of the play, Tassy’s helmet on the ice…when they replayed I saw Tassy go in for a hit on a weasel player, that player was much bigger than Tassy and he seemed to sort of grab Tassy and throw him down on the ice which appeared head and shoulder first…anyone else see that? Am I wrong? They only replayed it once. Tassy is lucky not to have a concussion.

Comment

• Originally posted by GoBucky18 View Post

Yes, I honestly think I may hate Michigan more than Minnesota or North Dakota. A lot of it is that I think the USNDTP props them up - those kids likely get exposed to college, and many probably don't really realize other campuses are better. I'd love to see the USNDTP moved somewhere else and see how Michigan was affected. And that they have most national titles (for the time being) is another reason to root against them. Their recent shenanigans (using COVID as an excuse to avoid playing Western Michigan) are also despicable, on top of a history to some players bordering on dirty (Jack Johnson, others).

Comment

• That looked to be a good challenge; if that wasn't 5 for checking from behind I'm not sure what would be. Maybe the TV had a more questionable view.
                            Wisconsin Hockey: What're YOU looking at?

The number of times a poster posts per day is directly correlated with how dissatisfied he is with his relationship.

Comment

• SWEEP OF THE SKUNK RATS! Use the week off to sharpen things up then give Sparty a whipping. I cannot believe this is the same team I watched last year.

Comment

• BTW, thanks meatchicken for that challenge and subsequent power play which was the decider.

Comment

Working...
                                X