Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Wisconsin Hockey 23-24: Hastily Making Wisconsin Hockey Great Again

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Originally posted by solovsfett View Post

    and btw, if you look at the reply of the gwg by Tassy, you see a shot of the bench and Coach Hastings is imploring his players I think to calm down because there was still two minutes left or keep their composure. Love it! He never stops coaching.
    Took the words right of my mouth and I noticed it immediately! Every goal the entire series, Hastings had almost no reaction! Immediately started coaching for the next shift and stressed focus and calm.

    Man, talk about going through hell to finally get the right guy!

    Comment


    • Bonus points for the Varsity app is how many other college hockey games are on it. Listened to Maine-Quinnipiac for a while before yesterday’s game started.
      If you want to be a BADGER, just come along with me

      BRING BACK PAT RICHTER!!!


      At his graduation ceremony from the U of Minnesota, my cousin got a keychain. When asked what UW gave her for graduation, my sister said, "A degree from a University that matters."

      Canned music is a pathetic waste of your time.

      Comment


      • Thanks for the Varsity app recommendation guys. Apparently you have to throw common sense out the window nowadays and not assume you can listen on local radio. As MCR said, it’s harder to watch/listen today than it was 5-10 years ago.

        That said…I’ll be at my first game in 5 years next Saturday! Also grabbed a pair for me and the old man to the Saturday Goofs game in the EXACT seats we gave up about 10 years ago. 201 A 9-10. Hopefully the band is there.

        Comment


        • Gents, Im a road warrior and centrally located in Big10 country. Will be attending games at MSU, Mich, domers' & Ped St & OSU.
          Last edited by GoBucky18; 10-28-2023, 10:45 PM.

          Comment


          • Wisconsin is ranked #1 in the pairwise just over 20% into the season.

            Augustana beat CC on Saturday. They are 12th in the pairwise and represent the highest PWR team we have faced so far. They are higher than our next opponent, Michigan, who is currently sitting at 14th in the PWR.

            Comment


            • Trying to buy my Kwik Trip Holiday Face Off tickets and it’s proving to be way more difficult than I thought it would be.

              On the Ticketmaster website it only shows the 4:00pm games for each day so I’m assuming that the 7:30pm game is included in the purchase price. I’ve been on the phone with two different Ticketmaster peeps in what seems like Mumbai and they can’t answer this question - the second person recommended that I call the box office to make sure there’s a game at 7:30pm…… :-/

              Has anyone been to this tournament in the past or have purchased tickets for this years tournament? Any help in mostly understandable English would be gratefully appreciated.
              Signature under construction.....bids being accepted.

              Comment


              • The curse of the CHN "team of the week" is likely upon us, lol. Hoping for a rocking Kohl and a strong showing.

                Likely going to jump into the top 10 also with being #1 in PW. Wouldnt be surprised with top 5.

                Comment


                • Originally posted by HighToTheGloveSide View Post
                  Trying to buy my Kwik Trip Holiday Face Off tickets and it’s proving to be way more difficult than I thought it would be.

                  On the Ticketmaster website it only shows the 4:00pm games for each day so I’m assuming that the 7:30pm game is included in the purchase price. I’ve been on the phone with two different Ticketmaster peeps in what seems like Mumbai and they can’t answer this question - the second person recommended that I call the box office to make sure there’s a game at 7:30pm…… :-/

                  Has anyone been to this tournament in the past or have purchased tickets for this years tournament? Any help in mostly understandable English would be gratefully appreciated.
                  Yes, you get both games for the same ticket and the Badgers play the late game each night (I don't believe you can't leave once your in the building). I have had nothing but good things to say about it. Fiserv isn't made for hockey, but the facility is very nice as is the staff. I would buy the parking for right there in the facility. You can leave your jacket right in the car.
                  gwhinwi's: Wisconsin Badgers Recruiting Spreadsheet & Individual Face-Off Statistics

                  EODS: De-Commit / Non-Pro Early Departure List

                  Comment


                  • Ranked 5th with 5 First Place Votes - unreal!

                    Still a young team, let's see now how they respond to sudden expectations against the new #4 Michigan this weekend at the Kohl. Hope it's rockin' in there!

                    On Wisconsin!

                    Comment


                    • updated stats 10/30/2023. If you see an error, let me know.

                      Record: 7-1 overall (2-0-0-0 6 pts, 1st in Big7); (T3rd), (+2)
                      USCHO Poll: 5th; (14th) (+9)
                      PWR: 1 of 64: (16th) (+15)
                      RPI: 1 of 64 (1st); (16th) (+15)
                      KRACH: N/A; (n/c) (n/c)
                      Scoring: 3.50 GPG, T16th of 64; (3.30) (21st of 58) (+5)
                      Defense: 1.60 GAPG, 3rd of 64; (1.50) 5th of 58 (+2)

                      Save %: .933, 5th of 64; (.935) T8th of 58 (+3)
                      Power Play Rate: 16.67% (5 of 30), 35th of 64; (11.54% (3 of 26) (41st of 58) (+6)
                      Penalty Kill Rate: 87.88% (29 of 33), 20th of 64; (25 of 29) (86.21%) 24th of 58 (+4)
                      Penalty Min per Game: 9.75 (37 of 64) (1st is worst); (11.00) T30th of 58 (+7)
                      Penalty Min: 78, (66)

                      Shorthanded Goals Scored; 1, T12th of 64; (1), (T7th of 58) (-5)
                      Shorthanded Goals Allowed: 1, T11th of 64 (1st is worst); (1), (T7th of 58) (+4)
                      Team Faceoff: 51.3%, T21st of 64; (52.0%), (17th of 58) (-4)

                      SOG taken: 295 (5th of 64); 240 (1st of 58) (-4)
                      SOG allowed: 193 (24th of 64) (1st is worst); (138) (T30th of 58) (-6)

                      This week Michigan Friday 11/3, 7 pm, (TV – BTN+); Saturday 11/4 6 pm (TV – BTN+). Next week: BYE

                      Next series:@ Michigan St Friday 11/17, 6:30 pm, (TV – BTN+); Saturday 11/18 TBD (TV – BTN+).
                      Last edited by WiscTJK; 10-30-2023, 12:56 PM.
                      gwhinwi's: Wisconsin Badgers Recruiting Spreadsheet & Individual Face-Off Statistics

                      EODS: De-Commit / Non-Pro Early Departure List

                      Comment


                      • Originally posted by BadgerBadgerBadger View Post
                        Ranked 5th with 5 First Place Votes - unreal!

                        Still a young team, let's see now how they respond to sudden expectations against the new #4 Michigan this weekend at the Kohl. Hope it's rockin' in there!

                        On Wisconsin!
                        CRAZY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! How will they handle success? UM with the run and gun will try and break down good systematic play.

                        We must acknowledge coach Murdock's awesome work with McClellan. He had a very good pedigree upon is arrival here (as did many goalies) and survived being Granatoized. Dude plays so under control, so calm. And let's Knott forget Coach Oliver who brought a winning pedigree here as well from Fargo and St. Cloud. He may not be here long is the season finishes out like we all hope it will.

                        On Wisconsin!
                        Wisconsin Hockey: 1, 3, 5, 7, 9, 11 WE WANT MORE!
                        ------------------------------------------------------------------------------
                        Come to the Wisconsin Evangelical Lutheran Synod
                        ------------------------------------------------------------------------------
                        Originally Posted by Wisko McBadgerton:
                        "Baggot says Hughes and Rockwood are centering the top two lines...
                        Timothy A --> Great hockey mind... Or Greatest hockey mind?!?"

                        Comment


                        • Where is the Pairwise number coming from? Don't official numbers come out around the first of the year after having a better sample size? If you look at the comparisons, they look like last years numbers. That is on USCHO. Is there another site that has Pairwise?

                          Comment


                          • Originally posted by TJ77 View Post
                            Where is the Pairwise number coming from? Don't official numbers come out around the first of the year after having a better sample size? If you look at the comparisons, they look like last years numbers. That is on USCHO. Is there another site that has Pairwise?
                            Both CHN and USCHO have Wisconsin #1 in pairwise. Things move around allot more early in the year until you have all the non-conference games and more comparisons.

                            https://www.uscho.com/rankings/pairw...kings/d-i-men/
                            https://www.collegehockeynews.com/ratings/pairwise/
                            gwhinwi's: Wisconsin Badgers Recruiting Spreadsheet & Individual Face-Off Statistics

                            EODS: De-Commit / Non-Pro Early Departure List

                            Comment


                            • Howdy folks, its been quite a few years since I have posted anything on this forum, but despite my moniker I am now back in Madison. After many years out of the country, I will be attending my first Badger game in almost 30 years this weekend. I wonder how the new-fangled arena they've built in the meantime matches up to the Colosseum.

                              Comment


                              • Originally posted by Badger Abroad View Post
                                Howdy folks, its been quite a few years since I have posted anything on this forum, but despite my moniker I am now back in Madison. After many years out of the country, I will be attending my first Badger game in almost 30 years this weekend. I wonder how the new-fangled arena they've built in the meantime matches up to the Colosseum.
                                Uh oh….last time you saw the team then were the true glory years? 93?

                                the KC has no atmosphere, the kids can’t hang banners, the band evidently won’t be there or if they there it will be a tiny group who doesn’t get to play much.

                                and the fans have forgotten all the great old cheers.

                                it’s a shame too because now would be a perfect time with Hastings as coach for the old-timers to come back and bring the old fun and cheers back to the Colesium…err KC!
                                Everything in its right place, Wisconsin Hockey National Champs!


                                "but you're not as confused as him are you. it's not your job to be as confused as Nigel". Tap pt 1.

                                "I think it's ****ing stock. What--? Which part of that is unclear to you? I think it sounds stock to my ears. I mean, do you want me to write it down?" Tap Pt. 2

                                Who???! So What!!!! Big Deal!!!!

                                Comment

                                Working...
                                X