No announcement yet.

Wisconsin Hockey 23-24: Hastily Making Wisconsin Hockey Great Again

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

....and a solid post-game interview. Was he a communications major at UW or just leadership?

Comment

TG making some money as an analyst on the NHL network. I'd love to hear what he has to say about what he sees.
      Wisconsin Hockey: 1, 3, 5, 7, 9, 11 WE WANT MORE!
      ------------------------------------------------------------------------------
      Come to the Wisconsin Evangelical Lutheran Synod
      Originally Posted by Wisko McBadgerton:
      "Baggot says Hughes and Rockwood are centering the top two lines...
      Timothy A --> Great hockey mind... Or Greatest hockey mind?!?"

Comment

Originally posted by Timothy A View Post
        TG making some money as an analyst on the NHL network. I'd love to hear what he has to say about what he sees.
        “Too much defense!”
        If you want to be a BADGER, just come along with me

BRING BACK PAT RICHTER!!!

At his graduation ceremony from the U of Minnesota, my cousin got a keychain. When asked what UW gave her for graduation, my sister said, "A degree from a University that matters."

Canned music is a pathetic waste of your time.

Comment

Wow!!!! https://t.co/sXr1EwkpAn New coach hire is pretty amazing!
          Everything in its right place, Wisconsin Hockey National Champs!

"but you're not as confused as him are you. it's not your job to be as confused as Nigel". Tap pt 1.

"I think it's ****ing stock. What--? Which part of that is unclear to you? I think it sounds stock to my ears. I mean, do you want me to write it down?" Tap Pt. 2

Who???! So What!!!! Big Deal!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by solovsfett View Post
            Wow!!!! https://t.co/sXr1EwkpAn New coach hire is pretty amazing!
            Agreed. Great hire! Now we know why he was waiting so long to make the hire!
            Last edited by WiscTJK; 05-24-2023, 12:09 AM.
            gwhinwi's: Wisconsin Badgers Recruiting Spreadsheet & Individual Face-Off Statistics

EODS: De-Commit / Non-Pro Early Departure List

Comment

Originally posted by WiscTJK View Post
              Yep. None of us were smart enough to figure that out haha. UW will surely be a stepping stone for him, but Hastings and Knot will be here for years.

Comment

All of the new coaches and player additions have me excited about the future of Badger hockey. I'll be making the trip down for a few games this year whenever I'm not working the games for my UWSP Pointer hockey team.

Comment

Originally posted by Doogity View Post
                  All of the new coaches and player additions have me excited about the future of Badger hockey. I'll be making the trip down for a few games this year whenever I'm not working the games for my UWSP Pointer hockey team.
                  You’re in my neck of the wood! The championship game at KB to complete the one and only D3 undefeated season was the best hockey experience of my life.

Comment

Originally posted by WiscTJK View Post

…I think Hastings is a lot like Fickell. And is bringing the excitement to the team that Fickell is bringing back to football. Hastings knows what it takes to win and he seems to have an IT factor which is why all of these recruits followed him over, Knott follows him and now Oliver heads to Madison after a stellar season in Fargo.

I could not have dreamed a better scenario for Wisconsin men’s hockey. And who knows, maybe Oliver or Knott take the reigns down the line whenever Hastings feels he’s done.
                    Everything in its right place, Wisconsin Hockey National Champs!

"but you're not as confused as him are you. it's not your job to be as confused as Nigel". Tap pt 1.

"I think it's ****ing stock. What--? Which part of that is unclear to you? I think it sounds stock to my ears. I mean, do you want me to write it down?" Tap Pt. 2

Who???! So What!!!! Big Deal!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by digitalbooya View Post

You’re in my neck of the wood! The championship game at KB to complete the one and only D3 undefeated season was the best hockey experience of my life.
                      It was an awsome experience. I goal judge for pretty much every home game. I was the goal judge on the end without seating for that weekend. It's the end I always goal judge on.

Comment

Originally posted by Doogity View Post
                        It was an awsome experience. I goal judge for pretty much every home game. I was the goal judge on the end without seating for that weekend. It's the end I always goal judge on.
                        Goal judge......I've always wondered what the point of it is with a ref having to call the goal anyway. Can you enlighten me?

Comment

Good hire - and he cements the commitments for the four Force players that are heading to UW.
                          Signature under construction.....bids being accepted.

Comment

Goal judge......I've always wondered what the point of it is with a ref having to call the goal anyway. Can you enlighten me?
                            Well I can't speak to other rinks or other levels of hockey but our main job is to just be a second set of eyes for the official. An official could be screened from the play by any number of things. At the D3 level there are no cameras on the nets for review. I've been asked by officials a number of times what I have or haven't seen when a coach questions their call. I've also had an official who couldn't get into a great position for the play and he made his initial goal signal off of my light. At the end of the day we are mainly just another tool for the officials incase we are needed. Beyond that, I give the opposing teams information about how long it is before they take the ice, warmups/before each period. Also, i relay other gameday information they may need. if they need some other kind of assistance while off the ice, possible a trainer or something.

Comment

I've also wondered why we still have goal judges. They can turn on flashing red lights all they want, but it's not a goal until the referee says it is. And in D-I the referee doesn't even consult with the goal judge on close calls; it's all about the video review.
                              My guy is a hard-nosed hockey player who is not afraid to crash the net. Your guy is a goon who runs the goalie.

Comment

Pavelski with the OT winner to force game 5.

Comment

Working...
                                X