This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by solovsfett View Post
    Bucky’s 5Q poster is saying the band’s involvement with games is going to be reduced greatly this year in favor of DJ’s…. I mean, this flies in the face of everything that made college sports atmosphere’s great.

****can DJ’s and have the SCHOOL band play! Mac needs to wake up. The tech crowd last weekend was 10x as good as UW atmosphere and I guarantee Ped State will be as well.

no reason to shoot yourself in the foot like this when you want fans to COME BACK!
    That is incredibly disappointing.

Comment

Bucky’s 5Q poster is saying the band’s involvement with games is going to be reduced greatly this year in favor of DJ’s…. I mean, this flies in the face of everything that made college sports atmosphere’s great.

****can DJ’s and have the SCHOOL band play! Mac needs to wake up. The tech crowd last weekend was 10x as good as UW atmosphere and I guarantee Ped State will be as well.

no reason to shoot yourself in the foot like this when you want fans to COME BACK!
      Agree wholeheartedly about the band stuff.

Tech plays in a rink with less than 4500 seats. If we had a rink that small, our atmosphere would be 10x better than it currently is. We just have to wait for the fans to come back. Hopefully it won’t be long.

Comment

• Update on the band: https://www.littlebrownnotebook.com/...ibextid=Zxz2cZ

let’s respectfully tell the UW the band matters and we need them to inspire the atmosphere at games.
        Everything in its right place, Wisconsin Hockey National Champs!

"but you're not as confused as him are you. it's not your job to be as confused as Nigel". Tap pt 1.

"I think it's ****ing stock. What--? Which part of that is unclear to you? I think it sounds stock to my ears. I mean, do you want me to write it down?" Tap Pt. 2

Who???! So What!!!! Big Deal!!!!

Comment

Was this in a story they posted?

Edit: Nevermind, I just saw the blog link
          Last edited by ExileOnDaytonStreet; 10-25-2023, 07:22 PM.
          If you want to be a BADGER, just come along with me

BRING BACK PAT RICHTER!!!

At his graduation ceremony from the U of Minnesota, my cousin got a keychain. When asked what UW gave her for graduation, my sister said, "A degree from a University that matters."

Canned music is a pathetic waste of your time.

Comment

• Man, that UW Band blog post is irking me quite a while after reading it.

I’m going to sit back on this season. If the band isn’t part of it, and what few fans that are left are just being blasted over by a DJ… man, that just doesn’t even feel like college hockey. I can stay in Milwaukee and get phoned in, minor league atmosphere at Admirals games.

Maybe this is all fear mongering because of how much the Camp Randall experience has sucked since Leckrone retired, but… I don’t think the performance of the team is going to be enough to bring me back to the Kohl.
            If you want to be a BADGER, just come along with me

BRING BACK PAT RICHTER!!!

At his graduation ceremony from the U of Minnesota, my cousin got a keychain. When asked what UW gave her for graduation, my sister said, "A degree from a University that matters."

Canned music is a pathetic waste of your time.

Comment

• It’s a great day for hockey!! Let’s go Red!!!

Comment

• It feels nice to think about playing a quality opponent and not have to think about how bad is UW going to look.

Let's GO RED!
                Wisconsin Hockey: 1, 3, 5, 7, 9, 11 WE WANT MORE!
                ------------------------------------------------------------------------------
                Come to the Wisconsin Evangelical Lutheran Synod
                ------------------------------------------------------------------------------
                Originally Posted by Wisko McBadgerton:
                "Baggot says Hughes and Rockwood are centering the top two lines...
                Timothy A --> Great hockey mind... Or Greatest hockey mind?!?"

Comment

• Originally posted by ExileOnDaytonStreet View Post
                  Man, that UW Band blog post is irking me quite a while after reading it.

I’m going to sit back on this season. If the band isn’t part of it, and what few fans that are left are just being blasted over by a DJ… man, that just doesn’t even feel like college hockey. I can stay in Milwaukee and get phoned in, minor league atmosphere at Admirals games.

Maybe this is all fear mongering because of how much the Camp Randall experience has sucked since Leckrone retired, but… I don’t think the performance of the team is going to be enough to bring me back to the Kohl.
                  That’s exactly where I stand as well…

ugh

"but you're not as confused as him are you. it's not your job to be as confused as Nigel". Tap pt 1.

"I think it's ****ing stock. What--? Which part of that is unclear to you? I think it sounds stock to my ears. I mean, do you want me to write it down?" Tap Pt. 2

Comment

• Originally posted by Timothy A View Post
                    It feels nice to think about playing a quality opponent and not have to think about how bad is UW going to look.

Let's GO RED!
                    For real though! I feel confident in our ability to play hard and scrappy. Hopefully that turns into results!

Anyone know if Stramel or Lindmark are on the trip?

Comment

I think in time you can really get Hastings worked up on this one. His first year at Kato, the band sucked, showed up infrequently, and were stuck up in the rafters. From his second year until he left, they became a huge part of the atmosphere. He mentioned it frequently in postgame interviews. The players would always go and salute the band at the end of games. I know he's on your side on this one, but he may need to focus on straightening out the hockey end of things first.

Comment

• Originally posted by ExileOnDaytonStreet View Post
                        Man, that UW Band blog post is irking me quite a while after reading it.

During the Augustana game the DJ/sound system played a lot of the marching band songs on the speaker.

It was ****ing pathetic and I was almost embarrassed to sit there and listen to it. If they have that crap again at the next game I will be calling the ticket office to request a refund on my season tickets and will not get off the phone until they explain to me why they are so dumb as to not have the band there.

Talk about clueless and out of touch.... sounds alot like the thinking that led to keeping Granato around for 3 years too long. I bet Jason King is somehow involved in this genius idea.

Hopefully Hastings nips this crap in the bud asap.

Comment

• Drop the puck!

https://youtu.be/XE7xtLrDDak?si=jDJvqovwtyXYUcKf

Comment

• We...are...DOMINATING Minnesota here! I feel like I'm in the twilight zone. Hastings for President. That is all...

Comment

• We seem to have the goofs frustrated. Frankly, their play is bordering on dirty. Very tough listening to Clymer (admittedly, I'm not a fan of his announcing even when it's not the border battle).

Comment

• Hell yeah boys! Fantastic win!!

Comment

Working...
                                X