Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Great start to the season……gonna buy my KwikTrip Holiday Face-Off tickets today. :-)
    Signature under construction.....bids being accepted.

Comment

• I am not optomistic about this. I have to keep telling myself this is just a fever dream lol. I can confidently say I have "abused dog syndrome!" Lol, the abuse is coming, I just dont know when.

Comment

• Badgers up to 14(!) in the USCHO poll. Expected them to be ranked but wasn't expecting top 15. Leap-frogged OSU and PSU too.

Comment

• Figured we need our stat tracker again this year:

Record: 5-1 overall (0-0-0-0 0 pts, T3rd in Big7 (n/c))
          USCHO Poll: 14TH; (NR - Receiving Votes)
          PWR: 16 of 58 (Ivy League hasn’t started yet); (n/c)
          RPI: 16 of 58; (n/c)
          KRACH: N/A; (n/c)
          Scoring: 3.30 GPG (21st of 58) (n/c)
          Defense: 1.50 GAPG (5th of 58) (n/c)
          Save %: .935 T8
          th of 58 (n/c)
          Power Play Rate: 11.54% (3 of 26); 41st of 58 (n/c)
          Penalty Kill Rate: 86.21% (25 of 29); 24th of 58 (n/c)
          Penalty Min per Game: 11.00; T30th of 58 (1st is worst) (n/c)
          Penalty Min: 66 ; T17th of 58 (1
          st is worst) (n/c)
          Shorthanded Goals Scored; 1 (n/c); T7th of 58 (n/c)
          Shorthanded Goals Allowed: 1 (n/c); T7th of 58 (1
          st is worst) (n/c)
          Team Faceoff: 52.0% (n/c) 17th of 58 (n/c)

This week @ Minnesota Thurs 10/26, 8 pm (TV – BTN); Friday 10/27, 8 pm (TV – BTN). Next week Michigan Friday 11/3, 7 pm, (TV – BTN+); Saturday 11/4 6 pm (TV – BTN+).

Biggest disappointing stat of the week, we currently sit 8th in attendance at 6,174 per game. Awful start to the year there.
          gwhinwi's: Wisconsin Badgers Recruiting Spreadsheet & Individual Face-Off Statistics

EODS: De-Commit / Non-Pro Early Departure List

Comment

• Originally posted by BadgerBadgerBadger View Post
            Badgers up to 14(!) in the USCHO poll. Expected them to be ranked but wasn't expecting top 15. Leap-frogged OSU and PSU too.
            I looked at 20, 19, 18 and 17, did not see them, then I looked in the also getting votes and they were not there either and I was scratching my head, then I saw 14. I just about fell over.
            Wisconsin Hockey: 1, 3, 5, 7, 9, 11 WE WANT MORE!
            ------------------------------------------------------------------------------
            Come to the Wisconsin Evangelical Lutheran Synod
            ------------------------------------------------------------------------------
            Originally Posted by Wisko McBadgerton:
            "Baggot says Hughes and Rockwood are centering the top two lines...
            Timothy A --> Great hockey mind... Or Greatest hockey mind?!?"

Comment

• Originally posted by GoBucky18 View Post
              I am not optomistic about this. I have to keep telling myself this is just a fever dream lol. I can confidently say I have "abused dog syndrome!" Lol, the abuse is coming, I just dont know when.
              I feel like this weekend is a true test facing the #1 team and our rival. Expectations for me are low: Don’t get swept.

Comment

• I agree with the general sentiment. It's awesome to actually see the Badgers winning some games to start the season, but it's tempered some by the fact that Lindenwood SHOULD have been a sweep, Bimidji SHOULD have been a win, UND was gonna be great if we could win, but a loss didn't surprise me. The sweep over Tech is great, a split wouldn't have been a surprise, so I'm guardedly optimistic. The Gopher series is really going to show what this year's Badgers are made of. I'll be at both games and truthfully, I'm expecting to get swept, hoping for a split, a Badger sweep of MN would be a shock. Even if we get swept though, as long as the games are close, I think the Boys can take a lot of positives from the weekend. It's going to be a tough couple of weeks coming up, I hope the wheels don't fall off.

Comment

• Originally posted by WiscTJK View Post
                  Figured we need our stat tracker again this year:
                  Given Hastings’ MO of limiting SOG allowed, might be interesting to see how that tracks as well.
                  If you want to be a BADGER, just come along with me

BRING BACK PAT RICHTER!!!

At his graduation ceremony from the U of Minnesota, my cousin got a keychain. When asked what UW gave her for graduation, my sister said, "A degree from a University that matters."

Canned music is a pathetic waste of your time.

Comment

• Originally posted by ExileOnDaytonStreet View Post

Given Hastings’ MO of limiting SOG allowed, might be interesting to see how that tracks as well.
                    I will add this going forward. As of today:

SOG taken: 240 (1st of 58)
                    SOG allowed: 138 (T30th of 58) (1st is worst)

gwhinwi's: Wisconsin Badgers Recruiting Spreadsheet & Individual Face-Off Statistics

EODS: De-Commit / Non-Pro Early Departure List

Comment

• Originally posted by Badger_Bretzky View Post
                      I agree with the general sentiment. It's awesome to actually see the Badgers winning some games to start the season, but it's tempered some by the fact that Lindenwood SHOULD have been a sweep, Bimidji SHOULD have been a win, UND was gonna be great if we could win, but a loss didn't surprise me. The sweep over Tech is great, a split wouldn't have been a surprise, so I'm guardedly optimistic. The Gopher series is really going to show what this year's Badgers are made of. I'll be at both games and truthfully, I'm expecting to get swept, hoping for a split, a Badger sweep of MN would be a shock. Even if we get swept though, as long as the games are close, I think the Boys can take a lot of positives from the weekend. It's going to be a tough couple of weeks coming up, I hope the wheels don't fall off.
                      UW has not played Lindenwood. They played Augustana who promptly went out and swept Bowling Green the following weekend.

i don’t think bimidji was a gimme either. Look what they did to UW The playoffs.

having said that, I agree if UW can keep the rodent games close that’s a huge step. And I expect they’ll continue to improve as the season goes so when the rats come to Madison it will be a very different UW team they’ll be seeing.
                      Last edited by solovsfett; 10-24-2023, 07:51 PM.
                      Everything in its right place, Wisconsin Hockey National Champs!

"but you're not as confused as him are you. it's not your job to be as confused as Nigel". Tap pt 1.

"I think it's ****ing stock. What--? Which part of that is unclear to you? I think it sounds stock to my ears. I mean, do you want me to write it down?" Tap Pt. 2

Who???! So What!!!! Big Deal!!!!

Comment

• How about some GREAT, goose-bumpy memories from the Olympia in DEEtroit from 1977?
                        I'm feeling good again.

https://www.wisconsinbroadcastingmus...a-mens-champs/
                        Last edited by MadCityRich; 10-24-2023, 10:01 AM.
                        "Show me a good loser, and I'll show you a loser." Vince Lombardi

"License to kill gophers by the government of the United Nations. Man; free to kill gophers at will. To kill, you must know your enemy, and in this case, my enemy is a varmint....and a varmint will never quit...ever. They're like Viet Cong...Varmint Cong, so you have to fall back on superior intelligence and superior firepower...and that's all she wrote. Au revoir, gopher." Karl Spackler 1980

Comment

• Originally posted by solovsfett View Post

UW has not played Lindenwood. They played Augustana who promptly went out and swept Bowling Green the following weekend.

i don’t think bumidji was a gimme either. Look what they did to UW The playoffs.

having said that, I agree if UW can keep the rodent games close that’s a huge step. And I expect they’ll continue to improve as the season goes so when the rats come to Madison it will be a very different UW team they’ll be seeing.
                          You're right, Augustana not Lindenwood. I was a the game too.

Comment

• Thank good ess Bucky isnt the "Team of the Week" on Collegehockeynews. Tbat only spelled impending doom for them the last 9 yrs!

I want a win and a tie on Thurs/Fri!

Comment

• https://www.uscho.com/2023/10/25/thi...ith-minnesota/
                              Reading this article and this smacked me right in the face:
                              Wisconsin comes into the series with a 5-1-0 record, the lone loss to North Dakota in the Icebreaker title game Oct. 14. The Badgers are off to their best start since 2004-05.
                              I shouldn’t be surprised, but I am.

Comment

• Bucky’s 5Q poster is saying the band’s involvement with games is going to be reduced greatly this year in favor of DJ’s…. I mean, this flies in the face of everything that made college sports atmosphere’s great.

****can DJ’s and have the SCHOOL band play! Mac needs to wake up. The tech crowd last weekend was 10x as good as UW atmosphere and I guarantee Ped State will be as well.

no reason to shoot yourself in the foot like this when you want fans to COME BACK!
                                Everything in its right place, Wisconsin Hockey National Champs!

"but you're not as confused as him are you. it's not your job to be as confused as Nigel". Tap pt 1.

"I think it's ****ing stock. What--? Which part of that is unclear to you? I think it sounds stock to my ears. I mean, do you want me to write it down?" Tap Pt. 2

Who???! So What!!!! Big Deal!!!!

Comment

Working...
                                X