This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Timothy A View Post

Yes, the lads need to clean up the penalties, very fixable. A bit if a bummer for Stange to get into the line-up, then take 2 and sit the next game. You have to be smart!

They have outshot all 3 opponents so far this year, so they can create offense.

I've always expected a .500 record for the year, with the transfers it would probably be a bit disappointing to only be at .500.

Split at Tech would be ok, but just stay out of the box and keep shooting, they will go in.
    My expectations for this weekend are a win and a tie at least. Tech has not looked good.

Comment

• Originally posted by digitalbooya View Post
      My expectations for this weekend are a win and a tie at least. Tech has not looked good.
      I trust your judgement, a win and a tie will get UW ranked.
      Wisconsin Hockey: 1, 3, 5, 7, 9, 11 WE WANT MORE!
      ------------------------------------------------------------------------------
      Come to the Wisconsin Evangelical Lutheran Synod
      Originally Posted by Wisko McBadgerton:
      "Baggot says Hughes and Rockwood are centering the top two lines...
      Timothy A --> Great hockey mind... Or Greatest hockey mind?!?"

Comment

• Originally posted by Timothy A View Post

I trust your judgement, a win and a tie will get UW ranked.
        They have looked really good so far. I hope they can continue playing well.

I haven’t been this excited for badger hockey since maybe 2006. Gophers in 9 days too? Hell yeah

Comment

• Why are we this hot on the 3-1 record when two of those wins are against a brand new program playing their first games?

We still don’t know enough about this team. And obvious 99% of Badger fans still don’t give a rip.
          If you want to be a BADGER, just come along with me

BRING BACK PAT RICHTER!!!

At his graduation ceremony from the U of Minnesota, my cousin got a keychain. When asked what UW gave her for graduation, my sister said, "A degree from a University that matters."

Canned music is a pathetic waste of your time.

Comment

• Originally posted by ExileOnDaytonStreet View Post
            Why are we this hot on the 3-1 record when two of those wins are against a brand new program playing their first games?

We still don’t know enough about this team. And obvious 99% of Badger fans still don’t give a rip.
            Augustana just swept Bowling Green, that is impressive.

Comment

They have looked really good so far. I hope they can continue playing well.

I haven’t been this excited for badger hockey since maybe 2006. Gophers in 9 days too? Hell yeah
              I watched most of the Friday game on vacation and listened to most of Saturday. They sure are looking good to me. A lot of improvement in D zone, clearing and entering the zone. Immediate improvement is what I expected and it is showing. Let's hope they improve again this weekend. I hope 3 travel weekends in a row bond this team together.
              gwhinwi's: Wisconsin Badgers Recruiting Spreadsheet & Individual Face-Off Statistics

EODS: De-Commit / Non-Pro Early Departure List

Comment

Why are we this hot on the 3-1 record when two of those wins are against a brand new program playing their first games?

I am trending to optimistic on this team. You are right, but winning will cure the giving a rip. Let's get from 1% to 2% and go from there. Admittedly, no local TV options to watch isn't going to help speed up the train.
                gwhinwi's: Wisconsin Badgers Recruiting Spreadsheet & Individual Face-Off Statistics

EODS: De-Commit / Non-Pro Early Departure List

Comment

for me it’s the obvious changes in team play, passing and physicality.

it’s very obvious after just 4 games that Mike Hastings is a great coach and the players are buying in.
                  Everything in its right place, Wisconsin Hockey National Champs!

"but you're not as confused as him are you. it's not your job to be as confused as Nigel". Tap pt 1.

"I think it's ****ing stock. What--? Which part of that is unclear to you? I think it sounds stock to my ears. I mean, do you want me to write it down?" Tap Pt. 2

Who???! So What!!!! Big Deal!!!!

Comment

They played NoDak pretty evenly and absolutely crushed Bemidji at everything but scoring goals.

Admittedly, scoring touch might be an issue… but you can’t tell me they don’t already look worlds better.

Comment

• Hastings is preaching/talking accountability. I love it. He talked up Tech's team, so a split on the road would be great. Seeing less penalties and a few more 5 on 5 goals would be great. Let's go RED!

Comment

• It’s a great day for hockey!! LET’S GO RED!!

Comment

They played NoDak pretty evenly and absolutely crushed Bemidji at everything but scoring goals.
                          That is true, and I do think the fellas are taking to Hastings’ style more quickly than I anticipated.

I’m just so jaded about the state of Badger fandom (and not just for hockey), that it’s hard not to be pessimistic about the results on the scoreboard regardless.

So far the first Tech game is sounding like more of the same. Well played, maybe outplaying Tech, but not necessarily ahead on the scoreboard.

Side note, one of my biggest regrets from my time as a crease creature was failing to get my Michigan Tech song to be sung in the student section:

(to the tune of ‘If You’re Happy And You Know It’)
                          If you want a sausage fest, got to Tech *clap*clap*
                          Where the women aren’t worth mention
                          Like a comic book convention

(song was conceived before pretty women doing CosPlay got more popular)
                          If you want to be a BADGER, just come along with me

BRING BACK PAT RICHTER!!!

At his graduation ceremony from the U of Minnesota, my cousin got a keychain. When asked what UW gave her for graduation, my sister said, "A degree from a University that matters."

Canned music is a pathetic waste of your time.

Comment

• FFS, they are really going to **** this game away by taking stupid penalties.

Comment

• Silye saves the day and ties the score at 2 after 2 periods. He absolutely school Tech's goalie lol

Comment

• Gutsy win! Way to pull it out in the 3rd period!

Comment

Working...
                                X