Minnesota State Off Season

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Minnesota State Off Season

Akito Hirose leaving early really hurts.

https://www.nhl.com/canucks/news/can...lc/c-342871170
    Last edited by MavsFan; 03-29-2023, 07:10 PM.
    My guy is a hard-nosed hockey player who is not afraid to crash the net. Your guy is a goon who runs the goalie.

Yes, but 3 MacNaughtons, 2 Frozen Fours, 2 Mason Cups - I think he's earned a promotion!

Great skater, fun to watch.

Comment

This is one of my favorite teams, congrats to the players going to the next level. High profile coach will continue to recruit and develop. i.e. Fitzgerald and Tassey. Hastings will recruit and develop and not utilize the portal as a band aid. Players want to go to MSU and stay

Comment

Originally posted by MavsFan View Post
        Akito Hirose leaving early really hurts.

https://www.nhl.com/canucks/news/can...lc/c-342871170
        Not unexpected. I believe he (and Livingstone) had offers last year.

Comment

Originally posted by Puckstopper467 View Post
          This is one of my favorite teams, congrats to the players going to the next level. High profile coach will continue to recruit and develop. i.e. Fitzgerald and Tassey. Hastings will recruit and develop and not utilize the portal as a band aid. Players want to go to MSU and stay
          Not sure what you mean by "band aid." But if there's a D-man in the portal that can help (even for just one year), I'm sure Hastings and staff will bring them in.

Comment

Originally posted by njmav1 View Post

Not sure what you mean by "band aid." But if there's a D-man in the portal that can help (even for just one year), I'm sure Hastings and staff will bring them in.
            I'm assuming that Zmolek will be back.

Comment

Bad news. Hastings going to Wisconsin.

Comment

Wow what a snipe by UW. Wasn't he under contract through 2028?
                Last edited by Timothy A; 03-30-2023, 03:42 PM.
                Wisconsin Hockey: 1, 3, 5, 7, 9, 11 WE WANT MORE!
                ------------------------------------------------------------------------------
                Come to the Wisconsin Evangelical Lutheran Synod
                ------------------------------------------------------------------------------
                Originally Posted by Wisko McBadgerton:
                "Baggot says Hughes and Rockwood are centering the top two lines...
                Timothy A --> Great hockey mind... Or Greatest hockey mind?!?"

Comment

I am numb.

Hire Knotter tomorrow.
                  AF 99

M-A-V-E-R-I-C-K-S, MAVERICKS, MAVERICKS, GOOOOO STATE!

Comment

Good god, well I was hoping it wouldn't happen....but of course it did.

Comment

Your team will be fine. You have a great tradition of really good hockey. I don't think that will change.
                      You hardly know a day goes by in a cardboard cutout sundown...

Comment

Originally posted by Timothy A View Post
                        Wow what a snipe by UW. Wasn't he under contract through 2028?
                        The Wisconsin Athletic Department has enough money in their couch cushions to buy out the entire MSU coaching staff (all sports). My guess is they showed him a check and asked him to fill an a "suitable" number.

Comment

Originally posted by captain beefheart View Post
                          Your team will be fine. You have a great tradition of really good hockey. I don't think that will change.
                          I'm just sick. That "great tradition" is the 11 years Mike Hastings has been here. Remember, he turned the program around in his first year after Jutting got bounced. All we can do is wait and see, I guess.
                          My guy is a hard-nosed hockey player who is not afraid to crash the net. Your guy is a goon who runs the goalie.

Comment

Sorry for that one. 5 years and $3.75 mil sure screams "move here!"

Just like Luke Fickle, I don't get why a coach would leave a school when they have built a top national program to go to a rebuild. Granted B1G West in football is a MUCH easier path to B1G title/BCS than B1G hockey. It could be possible the NIL will change the national hockey landscape more than I realize.

I would hope Knott would stay and take the job. MnSU should have everything in place that a halfway competent coach could compete for CCHA championships on consistent basis.

Comment

Originally posted by Lost_Husky View Post
                              Sorry for that one. 5 years and $3.75 mil sure screams "move here!"

Just like Luke Fickle, I don't get why a coach would leave a school when they have built a top national program to go to a rebuild. Granted B1G West in football is a MUCH easier path to B1G title/BCS than B1G hockey. It could be possible the NIL will change the national hockey landscape more than I realize.

I would hope Knott would stay and take the job. MnSU should have everything in place that a halfway competent coach could compete for CCHA championships on consistent basis.
                              I think the challenge of the rebuild holds some allure. And as someone about the same age as Coach, I can say that the thought of securing your family's financial future comes up more frequently.
                              He's a great man. We can't thank him enough for what he accomplished here, and we wish him the best.

Comment

Working...
                              X