X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by NCAA watcher View Post
    Hmmm, probably not anymore
    It is like Rocky and Bullwinkle’s time machine.

Comment

• Originally posted by NCAA watcher View Post
      Hmmm, probably not anymore
      The Toronto front office situation is a fascinating one, especially with Dumas now relieved of his duties.

Hardy looks to still be in place, but is not considered a front-runner to replace Dumas, with other current TML front office staff considered much more likely as candidates for the job. But for now, Hardy may be in charge ...

Marlies fire coaching staff after Leafs’ Kyle Dubas bombshell | The Star

Who replaces Leafs GM Kyle Dubas? Eight candidates to consider | The Star

Knowing now who the UNH AD is ... I don't see Rich looking at an NHL front office type. And if I'm being honest, if UNH were going to look at an NHL hire, I'd hope and pray that they would avoid any TML stank. Our situation is bad enough as it is, bringing in any bit of the voodoo currently encircling the snakebitten Leafs ... no thanks. Going on the Hoops hire, Rich seems much more likely to be fishing in an NCAA pond for our next HC. But of a bigger (and growing) concern is that MS7 isn't going anywhere, anytime soon. OH boy ...
      Sworn Enemy of the Perpetually Offended
      Montreal Expos Forever ...

Comment

• Originally posted by Chuck Murray View Post

The Toronto front office situation is a fascinating one, especially with Dumas now relieved of his duties.

Hardy looks to still be in place, but is not considered a front-runner to replace Dumas, with other current TML front office staff considered much more likely as candidates for the job. But for now, Hardy may be in charge ...

Marlies fire coaching staff after Leafs’ Kyle Dubas bombshell | The Star

Who replaces Leafs GM Kyle Dubas? Eight candidates to consider | The Star

Knowing now who the UNH AD is ... I don't see Rich looking at an NHL front office type. And if I'm being honest, if UNH were going to look at an NHL hire, I'd hope and pray that they would avoid any TML stank. Our situation is bad enough as it is, bringing in any bit of the voodoo currently encircling the snakebitten Leafs ... no thanks. Going on the Hoops hire, Rich seems much more likely to be fishing in an NCAA pond for our next HC. But of a bigger (and growing) concern is that MS7 isn't going anywhere, anytime soon. OH boy ...
        Maybe MS7 will get 21 years as HC at UNH like Stoneham’s Ryan Soderquist got at Bentley, logging five winning seasons without a conference championship or a visit to the AHA tournament the past decade. Career record as HC was 277-377-85. I think what led to his resignation was not so much recruiting or even a sub-mediocre won-loss record but rather his best recruits and players leaving in the portal the past three seasons. Sound familiar?

Comment

• Soderquist took over a program that really hadn't accomplished anything, and was literally playing in an MDC Rink in Watertown, and now leaves the program in a much better place - competitively AND facilities-wise. Bentley has played AND beaten a pretty good slice of the HEA competition they've faced these last few years. It's a shame the Bentley Hockey trophy case is bare, but Bentley could be on a relatively short list to be considered for future HEA membership if things were to bounce in their direction under his successor. None of this would be attainable realistically if Soderquist's teams hadn't made the modest yet steady progress they have. Someday they could be Merrimack Mach 2.0. Modest sure but nothing to sneeze at for an accounting school that was stuck in the shadows of the Pru Center as late as the mid-'60's when a young Richie Umile was learning about life in the Breakheart parking lot. Soderquist started his coaching career in the batter's box, and at worst ends it with a decent lead off first base.

On the other hand, MS7 took over UNH standing firmly on 3rd base, somehow got picked off when he wasn't paying attention, and is arguably hovering somewhere around second base. Backwards. Not the way it's supposed to be.

Comment

• Received an email today from someone at UNH ticketing with their season ticket pitch and an offer to book a time to meet with them to discuss; presumably went out to all single game ticket purchasers.

On the one hand, it's good to see them casting the net out there, this is the first time I've gotten an email from anyone other than the standard "UNH Athletics" email address trying to sell tickets, and the chance to discuss one on one with a rep provides a great opportunity to collect feedback.
            On the other hand, I don't have the heart to waste the poor person's time making them prepare for a meeting just to hear that I won't be back until Souza is gone.
            Last edited by ClOuD 9; 05-22-2023, 08:39 PM.
            "...On To Victory, Forever Blue & White..."
            Men's Hockey

ECAC Regular Season: 1 • ECAC Tournament: 1 • Hockey East Regular Season: 8 • Hockey East Tournament: 2
            NCAA Appearances: 22 • Frozen Fours: 7 • 1999 & 2003 NCAA Runner Up

Women's Hockey
            EAIAW Champions: 4 • ECAC Regular Season: 3 • ECAC Tournament: 5 • Hockey East Regular Season: 6 • Hockey East Tournament: 4
            AWCHA Final Fours: 2 • NCAA Appearances: 5 • Frozen Fours: 2 • 1999 Runner Up
            1998 NATIONAL CHAMPIONS

Comment

• Originally posted by ClOuD 9 View Post
              Received an email today from someone at UNH ticketing with their season ticket pitch and an offer to book a time to meet with them to discuss; presumably went out to all single game ticket purchasers.

On the one hand, it's good to see them casting the net out there, this is the first time I've gotten an email from anyone other than the standard "UNH Athletics" email address trying to sell tickets, and the chance to discuss one on one with a rep provides a great opportunity to collect feedback.
              On the other hand, I don't have the heart to waste the poor person's time making them prepare for a meeting just to hear that I won't be back until Souza is gone.
              Exactly why you should book a meeting...you've been a huge supporter of UNH hockey for years...and you deserve your time in front of someone who could
              convey your feelings...wow, how many people are they targeting with this 'meeting' idea...could be 100's...If you don't feel up to the meeting
              idea I hope you will send them an email back conveying how you feel about the situation.

I mean, what are they going to do in said meeting? Ask you what they can do to make the UNH fan situation better? There should be just one
              answer to that question at this point, and it has nothing to do with the ice size, player locker rooms, etc....

Anyway...I know we will be rethinking our own STix plans in 2024 if things do not change....of course, I say this now, but, I just don't know.

At the end of said meeting, this would be a fun way to end it:
              Last edited by HockeyRef; 05-23-2023, 08:23 AM.
              I'm just here for the hockey...

Comment

• Originally posted by ClOuD 9 View Post
                Received an email today from someone at UNH ticketing with their season ticket pitch and an offer to book a time to meet with them to discuss; presumably went out to all single game ticket purchasers.

This is a great sign in my opinion. Someone has heard that ticket management was not being handled well. Any sign of a more positive response is good with a new AD.
                I don’t think they are looking to create a forum for team issues and feedback. Probably feel that the personal touch will help encourage ticket sales. They will sell the sound upgrade and offer you the opportunity to pick your seat.
                While talking with our feet (not renewing) will have an effect, writing and communicating thoughts in a clear thoughtful manner will have more immediate effect. People leave for a variety of reasons, let’s let them know more specifically.

Comment

• Originally posted by After the Whistle View Post

This is a great sign in my opinion. Someone has heard that ticket management was not being handled well. Any sign of a more positive response is good with a new AD.
                  I don’t think they are looking to create a forum for team issues and feedback. Probably feel that the personal touch will help encourage ticket sales. They will sell the sound upgrade and offer you the opportunity to pick your seat.
                  While talking with our feet (not renewing) will have an effect, writing and communicating thoughts in a clear thoughtful manner will have more immediate effect. People leave for a variety of reasons, let’s let them know more specifically.
                  I (semi) apologize for my sparky response and agree that it's a good thing they are reaching out...and that letting your reasons for walking known if that's the case.

Looking forward to hear how they will handle the parking situation myself...as I know not too much else will change fir the coming season..(also looking forward to the influx of new players).

Souza has got to be more communicative (is that a word) with the fan base. I mean within reason of course...

Comment

• Originally posted by HockeyRef View Post
                    Souza has got to be more communicative (is that a word) with the fan base. I mean within reason of course...
                    False. The guy down in Foxboro for the last quarter century may be the least communicative coach ever, and the fanbase tolerated it willingly until he started losing games without his GOAT quarterback.

Winning covers over a lot of deficiencies.

Comment

• Originally posted by Chuck Murray View Post

False. The guy down in Foxboro for the last quarter century may be the least communicative coach ever, and the fanbase tolerated it willingly until he started losing games without his GOAT quarterback.

Winning covers over a lot of deficiencies.
                      Ok and then what...did Patriot fans demand more of "silent Bill"?

Comment

Souza has got to be more communicative (is that a word) with the fan base.
                        That would be nice, but the REAL people that he SHOULD HAVE been communicating with are the recruits. The whole current situation is nauseating to say the least, and just keeping MS7 hanging on the vine is pathetic. There is absolutely nothing to gain by doing this, but as discussed so often here, we hold none of the power, EXCEPT, the power of the purse. Hit them in the pocket by not buying tickets, and eventually they have to listen (ask Anheuser-Busch).

Hopefully the UNH hockey situation doesnt reach that stage, but the climb back fully UP the hill is a lot harder that just re-grouping for another push to the summit.

Comment

• I'm on the fence about renewing this season as well. It was hard enough to sit alone for a fair majority of the games this past season.

But....I feel that I have to honor her legacy, after all our seats have been in the fam since the Whitt opened. I just may be giving away more of my game tickets............
                          UNH

Comment

• Originally posted by Whalers View Post

That would be nice, but the REAL people that he SHOULD HAVE been communicating with are the recruits. The whole current situation is nauseating to say the least, and just keeping MS7 hanging on the vine is pathetic. There is absolutely nothing to gain by doing this, but as discussed so often here, we hold none of the power, EXCEPT, the power of the purse. Hit them in the pocket by not buying tickets, and eventually they have to listen (ask Anheuser-Busch).

Hopefully the UNH hockey situation doesnt reach that stage, but the climb back fully UP the hill is a lot harder that just re-grouping for another push to the summit.
                            Yeah..blowing up tons of beer after it was purchased really hurt Bud Light....Anyway...one would think the decline of STH would be the first clue.

Comment

• Originally posted by Whalers View Post

Whalers, can’t disagree, but in my mind the slow dribble on STHs not renewing is the long way around the barn. Look at the numbers, while certainly it is down from 2000-2006 or so but comparatively we still have one of the highest attendance averages in HE and nationally. Still feel a mass of strong respectful communications to the administration is a quicker route, reference ticket and other giving as that will serve the same effect in the short run.

Comment

I (semi) apologize for my sparky response and agree that it's a good thing they are reaching out...and that letting your reasons for walking known if that's the case.

Looking forward to hear how they will handle the parking situation myself...as I know not too much else will change fir the coming season..(also looking forward to the influx of new players).

I got this email a while back and expressed some of my concerns (team performance, lack of parking, no deposit, ect) and did not get anywhere. My guess is that these are students working the ticket office for work study/summer job and this is part of their tasks. I was unsuccessful in engaging said emailer and after my second response indicating my displeasure have not heard back.

I would say try the meeting but my guess is the person you talk with will have no say.

Comment

Working...
                                X