This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Darius View Post
    I saw that. Are they seriously live tweeting this with nothing on unhwildcats.com until later???
    Seems like it...I wondered if they had a banquet of sorts not sure how this was done. I asked a few people that I thought might know the when and/or where but they knew nothing.
    I'm just here for the hockey...

Comment

• Originally posted by HockeyRef View Post
      Seems like it...I wondered if they had a banquet of sorts not sure how this was done. I asked a few people that I thought might know the when and/or where but they knew nothing.
      Right? I assume they still have a season end team banquet, but not during finals week.
      I will not be out cheered in my own building.

Comment

I dunno. Ask Norbert or Mike. If it were up to me it would be called the Friendly Coach’s Club That Worships Darius The All Exultant Grand Imperial Mega Posting Wizard.

Club.
        I believe the idea behind a coaches is club is more of a town hall with him and run through the program. The Friends was a separate entity that supported the program.

Comment

Right? I assume they still have a season end team banquet, but not during finals week.
          There is no longer an open banquet, they have what is going on today with the players and family.

Comment

• Originally posted by norbert View Post

There is no longer an open banquet, they have what is going on today with the players and family.
            How did you know this was happening if I may ask...and...he can do his town hall I'll believe that when I see it....

Kind of late in the year for a banquet but whatever...

Comment

I believe the idea behind a coaches is club is more of a town hall with him and run through the program. The Friends was a separate entity that supported the program.
              Thanks. The name makes sense then. Do you think his vision for the Coach’s Club is similar to what Sean posted about BU having?

Comment

Thanks again. I thought they still had a (now private) banquet. The live tweeting makes sense now. I am surprised it is on a Monday afternoon during finals week. Good for our guys having excellent study and time management skills. Seriously.

Comment

• A few more awards:

Harrison Blaisdell Charles E Holt (Coaches award) and Best Defensive Forward
                  Nikolai Jensen Robert Kullen Unsung Hero

There maybe be a few more perhaps and if I missed any norbert feel free to add.

Comment

Thanks again. I thought they still had a (now private) banquet. The live tweeting makes sense now. I am surprised it is on a Monday afternoon during finals week. Good for our guys having excellent study and time management skills. Seriously.
                    Wonder how 'live' it is to be honest...at least in my Twitter feed, they are pretty far apart it seems? Somehow I doubt it was today? Seems weird...but, what do I know.

Comment

How did you know this was happening if I may ask...and...he can do his town hall I'll believe that when I see it....

Kind of late in the year for a banquet but whatever...
                      From the link Sean provided, BU is offering pay for access primarily. Some swag and bonus perks as well, but essentially a film oriented town hall. The ante is, by my NH frugal standards, pretty high. At 50% of BU’s giving levels it might work for UNH, but my bet is sparsely attended town halls. Then again, maybe I’m just an old school frugal NH cheapskate and people are routinely contributing four and five figure amounts.

Comment

Wonder how 'live' it is to be honest...at least in my Twitter feed, they are pretty far apart it seems? Somehow I doubt it was today? Seems weird...but, what do I know.
                        Originally posted by norbert View Post
                        Same with my feed. Maybe the tweeter is multitasking or it is a Twitter operating with a skeleton crew issue.

edit: based on tweet timing, it is a 6+ hour banquet. So far.
                        Last edited by Darius; 05-15-2023, 05:30 PM.

Comment

• My guess is, the "banquet" this year turned out to be an all-you-can-eat affair at the Golden Corral down on South Willow St. in Manchester, so as to allow some of the outgoing players better connections to their next destinations out of Manchester/Boston Regional Airport. The event actually took place over the weekend, and is now being simulcast on tape delay via Coach Souza's Twitter account. No way is this 6+ hour extravaganza starting on a Monday afternoon at the outset of Finals Week. Clearly, something is very wrong (and very rotten) in Denmark ...
                          Sworn Enemy of the Perpetually Offended
                          Montreal Expos Forever ...

Comment

• Liam Devlin: Most offensive player award (Guy Smith)
                            Nikolai Jensen: Most defensive player award (Rod Langway)

As to your post Chuck, in the past, when the banquet was a 'banquet' (which was amazing to attend) the award results were quickly put out by someone in attendance, normally
                            CHC or yours truly. Mostly C-H-C...so this year? You are prob right it happened over the weekend. Would find it really strange they did this today...

Is there a Golden Corral in Manch? Love their fried chicken ha!

Not to get into it about your past comments about Colin MacD (captain) I remember calling that...I really believed he would be it and still am not surprised that he got the nod.
                            I think still he was the best choice for the job. It's not always who scores the most / superstar player. But that said, I have no idea how captains are selected at UNH...

My early pick this year is Harrison Blaisdell, with Devlin and Gagne wearing the A's....Nikolai Jensen is also in contention for a letter on his uni....

Comment

This just hit me...when has Ben Barr ever mentioned his facilities as a stumbling block..checks notes they finished where.in HE this season???

Instead...he (Barr) sends his fans a heartfelt note thanking them for their support and it was more than obvious he has a special affinity for his players.

Not saying the same needed to happen on our end but gee alittle outward news other than "I can't win because my facility" would be a start..

Ps...and I have been guilty of this axiom "blame is the surest way to stay stuck in a situation"
                              53 minute mark if you don't want to watch the entire video

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uaHo...ndex=2&t=2491s
                              UNH Hockey: From "Why Not Us' to "Woe is Us"

Comment

• CUE THE ROCKY MUSIC...MVP is none other than....(drumroll inserted) Captain Clutch himself, Chase Stevenson!!!!!

Comment

Working...
                                X