UNH Hockey 2023 Off Season Thread Turn and Face the Strange

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• UNH Hockey 2023 Off Season Thread Turn and Face the Strange

Hope its ok to start this off season thread in honor of one of my fav David Bowie songs "Changes" which I think we are all hopeful about...(well I shouldn't speak for everybody...)

Ch-ch-ch-ch-changes
    Turn and face the strange
    Ch-ch-changes
    Don't want to be a richer man
    Ch-ch-ch-ch-changes
    Turn and face the strange
    Ch-ch-changes
    There's gonna have to be a different man
    Time may change me
    But I can't trace time
    Last edited by HockeyRef; 03-10-2023, 05:13 PM.
    Here we go 'Cats!!

To return to an ongoing theme…

Patrick Ewing FIRED by Georgetown B-ball. If it can happen to a legend…

Comment

Wayne Shorter passed away this past week. With the passing of Jaco Pastorius in 1987 and Joe Zawinul in 2007 that leaves only the two percussionists Alex Acuna and Manolo Badvena alive from the fine album Heavy Weather by the great jazz/rock fusion band Weather Report in 1977.

Comment

Just one word, let's cut through the bullcrap, it's time to ...

Sworn Enemy of the Perpetually Offended
        Montreal Expos Forever ...

Comment

The longer this goes on, the more painful it's gonna be MS7 ...

Comment

And if you can't take the hint(s), then we're just gonna have to take the more direct approach. You asked for it ...

Comment

Originally posted by Chuck Murray View Post
              And if you can't take the hint(s), then we're just gonna have to take the more direct approach. You asked for it ...
              Oh, my...I mean, maybe not that much of a change!
              Here we go 'Cats!!

Comment

A couple of Maine players, some UMassy guys in the portal...let's grab em seeing how they had decent coaching?
                Here we go 'Cats!!

Comment

Hi guys, long time, no season! I’ve tried to tune in and watch the Cats but only make it a period at a time…totally discouraged by attendance!!
                  ???- Is there any UNH alum qualified that isn’t retirement age? You know we have many that have been in the hockey world for decades now, just short of being club presidents? But even those that have such experience & knowledge will not be traveling to a recruits living room! So do we hire a committee? Restructuring what is needed to get us back in the game within a decade?
                  Does the new AD realize the situation? IMHO, it’s a woman! Good to see there are still some UNH fans that give a !

Comment

Originally posted by zoofer View Post
                    Hi guys, long time, no season! I’ve tried to tune in and watch the Cats but only make it a period at a time…totally discouraged by attendance!!
                    ???- Is there any UNH alum qualified that isn’t retirement age? You know we have many that have been in the hockey world for decades now, just short of being club presidents? But even those that have such experience & knowledge will not be traveling to a recruits living room! So do we hire a committee? Restructuring what is needed to get us back in the game within a decade?
                    Does the new AD realize the situation? IMHO, it’s a woman! Good to see there are still some UNH fans that give a !
                    Hey Zoofer, with all due respect, please NO MORE ALUMS!!

The guy you worked under wasn't an alum but he put the program on the map!!!

The current staff is so inbred it must remind Fessenden of his time in Alabama.
                    UNH Hockey: From "Why Not Us' to "Woe is Us"

Comment

On the old thread, Darius thinks that MS7’s contract is for Two more years behind the year just completed. Arrgghh!

Comment

Originally posted by Snively65 View Post
                        On the old thread, Darius thinks that MS7’s contract is for Two more years behind the year just completed. Arrgghh!
                        My thinking has changed thanks to ‘watcher. I knew during this (which for the ‘cats and Coach is now last) season he had two years left. Watching UML up by 2, I am still in this season.
                        I will not be out cheered in my own building.

Comment

Kudos Feiger…I just hate seeing wasted talent, especially when 80 years of experience is thrown away….
                          Hockeyref, good and valid points…I’m sure if she is aware of the situation then either she or some board member has your figures, because it MUST be the heart of the issue for UNH! We all know how cash strapped they are annually so great point!
                          I don’t think any of us blame the players….look at the women’s team! 7 UNH alum play in the PHF weekly yet Witt has a 9 year career of 40% winning! Good to catch up with you all….

Comment

Originally posted by HockeyRef
                            if she's NOT aware of the situation, by now, she surely MUST know the fans are NOT HAPPY about the situation. I've talked to several at the 'Whitt, many who have followed for alot longer than I have....

From what I have seen so far she is 100% invested into ALL UNH teams; her comment on hockey was something like "Am proud of how this team fought hard all season".
                            She's aware...but what she is going to do about it remains to be seen.
                            She is and has been aware of the situation. Nobody is happy with the W - L record, but there are degrees of (un)happiness. The UNH threads tilt to the pitchforks and torches end of the spectrum.
                            I will not be out cheered in my own building.

Comment

Originally posted by Darius View Post
                              My thinking has changed thanks to ‘watcher. I knew during this (which for the ‘cats and Coach is now last) season he had two years left. Watching UML up by 2, I am still in this season.
                              Ok, good, one more year is more than enough. Also watching UML-Yukon and rooting for the Ospreys.

Comment

Working...
                              X