Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

UNH Hockey 2023 Off Season Thread Turn and Face the Strange

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • When we've gotten to the point where a word like "Colonial" violates some Woke standards (isn't that almost an oxymoron in and of itself?), then it can only be a matter of time before GWU has to eliminate any and all references to the Father of Our Country. Academia just won't let it stand. I just checked their website (GWU), and it's pretty amazing how hard you have to look to see George Washington's name mentioned in any place of prominence, much less any explanation of the scope of the great man's life and his amazing accomplishments.

    William & Mary, they're coming for you guys next ...
    Sworn Enemy of the Perpetually Offended
    Montreal Expos Forever ...

    Comment


    • Using the Babylon Bee would be a great tool to help hand out primary ballots. When shown the BBee upon arrival at the table and you DON'T laugh, here is your Dem ballot. If you just stare stoically with your arms crossed, then you get a Dem ballot because you obviously believe "healthcare" is a right enshrined in the constitution and it clearly means you have up to 3 months AFTER birth to make up your mind (or if male (my apologies, XY chromosome person), then you better stand like this or get a savage beatdown from the Hildebeast when you arrive home). If you fake laugh, you are also given a Dem ballot because obviously you are only trying to grab a Repub ballot to skew the figures. If you snicker or crack a half smile, you get a Repub ballot because clearly you WANT to laugh, but are afraid of being outed as a "right-wing extremist", "science denier", "threat to democracy" (being a racist is automatic) and having protesters show up at your house/place of employment to cancel you. If you belly laugh, then you are a Patriotic American who clearly gets a Repub ballot. If you just have a good laugh because some of the $h!% is outright funny and most at least humorous, then you get an Independent ballot.

      Feel free to add in your own suggestions or observations. :-) :-)

      Comment


      • My suggestion? Leave politics out of this thread, but, I digress...(and Barbie's just a movie)
        Here we go 'Cats!!

        Comment


        • Originally posted by Whalers View Post
          Using the Babylon Bee would be a great tool to help hand out primary ballots. When shown the BBee upon arrival at the table and you DON'T laugh, here is your Dem ballot. If you just stare stoically with your arms crossed, then you get a Dem ballot because you obviously believe "healthcare" is a right enshrined in the constitution and it clearly means you have up to 3 months AFTER birth to make up your mind (or if male (my apologies, XY chromosome person), then you better stand like this or get a savage beatdown from the Hildebeast when you arrive home). If you fake laugh, you are also given a Dem ballot because obviously you are only trying to grab a Repub ballot to skew the figures. If you snicker or crack a half smile, you get a Repub ballot because clearly you WANT to laugh, but are afraid of being outed as a "right-wing extremist", "science denier", "threat to democracy" (being a racist is automatic) and having protesters show up at your house/place of employment to cancel you. If you belly laugh, then you are a Patriotic American who clearly gets a Repub ballot. If you just have a good laugh because some of the $h!% is outright funny and most at least humorous, then you get an Independent ballot.

          Feel free to add in your own suggestions or observations. :-) :-)
          You gotta feel for the Dems out there who have enjoyed comedy in the past. With Woke-ism rising to the level of a secular religion (yet another oxymoron?), letting down your guard long enough to laugh at stuff - heck, even at yourself once in a while - is akin to peeing in their proverbial punchbowl, or letting some flatulence rip in a crowded elevator. Persona non grata. I mean, these are serious times, "Our Democracy" is under threat, we have 10 years to save the world, etc. ad nauseum. No laughing allowed, unless it's approved by or on behalf of The Big Guy and his 10%. So now we're amazingly in a situation where an obscure 50-ish nobody who toiled on Fox News' "C" team for over a decade has become the undisputed "King of Late Night", while his mainstream "competition" yaks on itself nightly.

          Oh, and as for Alec Baldwin a/k/a Instant Karma, the gift that never stops giving, well LOLOLOLOL ...
          Sworn Enemy of the Perpetually Offended
          Montreal Expos Forever ...

          Comment


          • Originally posted by HockeyRef View Post
            My suggestion? Leave politics out of this thread, but, I digress...(and Barbie's just a movie)
            It's the offseason, 'Ref. No new coach. No late recruiting. The portal is basically closed. The cookout is cooked.

            We even had some fun with UVM last week, but the news cycle moves on. What else is left to discuss?!?

            Heck, the NH Primary Season is just getting started, we are First in the Nation* so let's get down to business!!

            * - unless you're a woke Democrat and see NH's First in the Nation primary as ( ... wait for it ... ) racist???
            Sworn Enemy of the Perpetually Offended
            Montreal Expos Forever ...

            Comment


            • Originally posted by HockeyRef View Post
              My suggestion? Leave politics out of this thread, but, I digress...(and Barbie's just a movie)
              Speed read posts for embedded hockey content. Be amused at often not knowing what they reference. Indulge those who have little else going on. This is their safe space.

              I'm only here today because Le Tour concluded yesterday and 32 days to La Vuelta.
              I will not be out cheered in my own building.

              Comment


              • Originally posted by Darius View Post
                I'm only here today because Le Tour concluded yesterday and 32 days to La Vuelta.
                Dont speed read - Vingegaard had an EPIC two days on the Tour. The time trial and the follow-up day, WOW!! To see Pogacar break and then admit it on the team radio, Vin was just stomping on his opponent and waiting for them to tap out. You could say Lance and "The Look" were similar but we all know what fueled that scenario. Maybe LeMond's Paris time trial ride to win against Fignon? The look on Fignon's face (and most of the french fans) was priceless.

                With everything that has gone on in cycling over the years, you dont want to question, but you almost have to.

                Comment


                • Sworn Enemy of the Perpetually Offended
                  Montreal Expos Forever ...

                  Comment


                  • Speaking of "cutting the cheese", here's a neat (and rare) combination of comedy and hard news ...

                    https://dailycaller.com/2023/07/23/c...aine-presidio/
                    Sworn Enemy of the Perpetually Offended
                    Montreal Expos Forever ...

                    Comment


                    • Great string of Daily Caller, Townhall.com and babylon bee content here.

                      How's about we stick to hockey, or at least non-fringe news providers?
                      Last edited by NCAA watcher; 07-24-2023, 04:44 PM.
                      The Souza record:
                      15-16 10th place
                      16-17 10th place
                      17-18 11th place
                      18-19 8th place
                      19-20 9th place
                      20-21 10th place
                      21-22 9th place
                      22-23 10th place

                      Comment


                      • Originally posted by NCAA watcher View Post
                        Great string of Daily Caller, Townhall.com and babylon bee content here.

                        How's about we stick to hockey, or at least non-fringe news providers?
                        How about CNN or Salon are those non-fringe..lol.

                        Comment


                        • Originally posted by Robert Balin View Post

                          How about CNN or Salon are those non-fringe..lol.
                          I mean while we are going down that road Rachel is on at 9...ha!
                          Here we go 'Cats!!

                          Comment


                          • Originally posted by NCAA watcher View Post
                            Great string of Daily Caller, Townhall.com and babylon bee content here.

                            How's about we stick to hockey, or at least non-fringe news providers?
                            You surprise me, 'Watcher. Never saw you as one of the bubble-boys, allergic to narratives not dictated by DNC HQ. I know where you lean, but wasn't aware you were so all-in on the whole groupthink thing. Apologies.

                            I don't want to speak for the other folks who lean in the other direction (like me), but let me ask you this: You understand everyone is blanketed by the MSM's narratives on a daily basis, even if (like me) you're not looking for them, or particularly enamored of them. Don't you think that if your "non-fringe news providers" did a better job of covering the actual news - without bias - instead of picking and choosing winners, ignoring the stuff that doesn't fit the narrative, and subjecting everything to a partisan spin that's as easily recognizable as President Magoo's dementia ... then maybe these "non-fringe news providers" would have more credibility with those who lean in my direction?

                            If someone establishes a pattern of lying to you, and instead of admitting they're lying (or just plain wrong) when proven so ... do you give that person any credibility when they come at you the next time with some other fantastic thinking that just happens to slide in comfortably with the same old BS they tried to sell you on the last time???

                            Maybe you do, and if so, then you are an extraordinarily trusting person. Good for you. I'm not. If someone pees on my shoes and tells me it's raining, I'll call them for BS every time - even if it's someone on my "side". But as we speak, the evidence that "non-fringe news providers" have been trying to suppress since 2020 (and sooner) is mounting to the effect that President Magoo's drug-addled son has been the bag man for his family's "business" of shaking down friends and enemies of our country to the tune of tens of millions of dollars, and the MSM and perma-DC have both been absolutely complicit in not only allowing it, but providing cover for it all.

                            When the "non-fringe news providers" start to rediscover their sense of curiosity, objectivity AND responsibility to ALL, then maybe I'll start to give them some credit. But if they insist on being DNC fanboys 99.99% of the time, then sorry, I'll stick with the "fringies" because while far short of perfect themselves, they give me access to lots of important information your "non-fringe news providers" seem curiously disinterested in.

                            Felgie, this is all your fault BTW by getting me started on the latest CAA wokeness.

                            I'm game for hockey talk whenever you guys are. This place wasn't exactly teeming with hockey chatter the last week or so, as I think we're all just waiting/hoping for MS7 the Thirteenth to open at our local drive-ins any day now ...
                            Sworn Enemy of the Perpetually Offended
                            Montreal Expos Forever ...

                            Comment


                            • Sworn Enemy of the Perpetually Offended
                              Montreal Expos Forever ...

                              Comment


                              • Keene State Adding Men’s, Women’s Ice Hockey and eSports as Varsity Programs in 2024-25:
                                https://www.keene.edu/news/stories/d...ng-in-2024-25/
                                I will not be out cheered in my own building.

                                Comment

                                Working...
                                X