This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Dan View Post
    Portal window opens Monday and runs for a couple of months. It is filling right now with some graduate transfers, none of which come from UNH. So take that for what it’s worth but neither Stevenson nor any other UNH senior is looking for another school at present...
    Lucas Vanroboys, four years at Bentley, 111 games, 11 goals, 33 assists, 204 pen mins, centered second line his senior year, is in the portal.

Bruins play tonight in Winnipeg where they may face in net Connor Hellebuyck, who with UML beat Casey DeSmith and our Cats 2-0 after we beat DU 5-2 at the Manchvegas regional in March 2013 (almost a decade ago). Cats had lost 2 of 3 to the Friars in the HEA quarters. UML then lost 3-2 to Vlae in the FF semi’s. Our Champions of November/December (12-3-3) finished regular season at 18-9-8 and ended the post-season at 20-12-8. Dem were da days.

Comment

• Originally posted by Snively65 View Post

Lucas Vanroboys, four years at Bentley, 111 games, 11 goals, 33 assists, 204 pen mins, centered second line his senior year, is in the portal.

Bruins play tonight in Winnipeg where they may face in net Connor Hellebuyck, who with UML beat Casey DeSmith and our Cats 2-0 after we beat DU 5-2 at the Manchvegas regional in March 2013 (almost a decade ago). Cats had lost 2 of 3 to the Friars in the HEA quarters. UML then lost 3-2 to Vlae in the FF semi’s. Our Champions of November/December (12-3-3) finished regular season at 18-9-8 and ended the post-season at 20-12-8. Dem were da days.
      My first...and only Regional with UNH and I remember it so well...set the stage for sure. I don't regret any of these past 10 years win or lose. Looking forward to this weekend and know that we will...be returning...

Hope springs eternal!
      I'm just here for the hockey...

Comment

• Hey Snively,

I've got a question that has nothing to do with hockey.

Did you know Dr. McGregor?
        UNH Hockey: From "Why Not Us' to "Woe is Us"

Comment

Bruins beating Connor Hellebuyk 2 zip speaking of UNH v UML Regional..

Comment

• Originally posted by Felger View Post
            Hey Snively,

I've got a question that has nothing to do with hockey.

Did you know Dr. McGregor?
            Know him? He brought me into this world at the Exeter hospital. :-)

One of his famous lines was “better to be late in Exeter [or Durham] than early in he11.” He saw a lot of auto fatalities in the 1950s and 1960s. :-(

Comment

• Originally posted by HockeyRef View Post

Bruins beating Connor Hellebuyk 2 zip speaking of UNH v UML Regional..
              Swayman is playing well but has been incredibly lucky so far tonight, I think.

Comment

Nondescript other than the 204 career penalty minutes, averaging roughly 2 minutes per game.

Take it he plays a gritty game, potential bottom six checking line center in Durham to usher out the MS7 Era, Snives??
                Sworn Enemy of the Perpetually Offended
                Montreal Expos Forever ...

Comment

• Originally posted by Chuck Murray View Post

Nondescript other than the 204 career penalty minutes, averaging roughly 2 minutes per game.

Take it he plays a gritty game, potential bottom six checking line center in Durham to usher out the MS7 Era, Snives??
                  Exactly what I was thinking; give the SMT’s some balance. :-)

Comment

• Speaking of Bentley, the Boston Pride is hosting the Minnesota White Caps for three games at the Bentley Arena through this Saturday (White Caps won 5-2 tonight, with two ENG’s).

Comment

Know him? He brought me into this world at the Exeter hospital. :-)

One of his famous lines was “better to be late in Exeter [or Durham] than early in he11.” He saw a lot of auto fatalities in the 1950s and 1960s. :-(
                      My uncle used to talk about Dr. McGregor all the time, always finishing with "man, could that guy swear!!"

So I guess Lanny Gare was chaneling the former Durham doctor when he said he said he would rather be stabbed in Lowell than be a black bear in Orono. :-)
                      Last edited by Felger; 03-17-2023, 05:01 AM.
                      UNH Hockey: From "Why Not Us' to "Woe is Us"

Comment

• Stayed up long enough to watch some of the 'classic hockey' on NESN last night; the UNH v UML 2014 HE Championship game...didn't watch much as I knew the
                        outcome but thought that if we could have scored in those early pushes we had might have made a diff, but UML was clearly on their game (and they had this goal tender named Connor Hellebuyck). UNH needed that one to get into the Regionals that season...ho hum not a great night for the 'Cats...

Oh well. Good luck to all HE teams today! Here's what HR thinks will happen, which prob won't ;-)

BU v PC - Commesso needs to have his best game of the season
                        UML v MC- This one goes OT (and...MC needs to get past the 'beating a team 3 times rule'
                        as they swept the Ospreys this season)

Of course, these could go either way! (covering myself)

HE Championship

BU v MC - Warriors avenge their 'lost' COY award with an OT win over the Terriers!

Happy St. Patricks Day! Should be an interesting time at the Gahden tonight...
                        Last edited by HockeyRef; 03-17-2023, 09:32 AM.

Comment

• Originally posted by Felger View Post

My uncle used to talk about Dr. McGregor all the time, always finishing with "man, could that guy swear!!"

So I guess Lanny Gare was chaneling the former Durham doctor when he said he said he would rather be stabbed in Lowell than be a black bear in Orono. :-)
                          And he chain-smoked cigars, with the cigar smoke from my visits to his office at the corner of Madbury and Woodman Roads remaining embedded in my brain all these decades later. Not your classic country doctor in a college town.

Comment

• Originally posted by HockeyRef View Post
                            Stayed up long enough to watch some of the 'classic hockey' on NESN last night; the UNH v UML 2014 HE Championship game...didn't watch much as I knew the
                            outcome but thought that if we could have scored in those early pushes we had might have made a diff, but UML was clearly on their game (and they had this goal tender named Connor Hellebuyck). UNH needed that one to get into the Regionals that season...ho hum not a great night for the 'Cats...

Oh well. Good luck to all HE teams today! Here's what HR thinks will happen, which prob won't ;-)

BU v PC - Commesso needs to have his best game of the season
                            UML v MC- This one goes OT (and...MC needs to get past the 'beating a team 3 times rule'
                            as they swept the Ospreys this season)

Of course, these could go either way! (covering myself)

HE Championship

BU v MC - Warriors avenge their 'lost' COY award with an OT win over the Terriers!

Happy St. Patricks Day! Should be an interesting time at the Gahden tonight...
                            I forgot to mention in my earlier post about our 2-0 loss to Hellebuyck and the Ospreys at the 2013 Manchvegas regional for a chance to be in the Pittsburgh FF that the game was the only one that Kevin Goumas missed the entire season. Like Lanny Gare missing the Buffalo FF in 2003. What coulda, woulda, shoulda been.

Comment

I forgot to mention in my earlier post about our 2-0 loss to Hellebuyck and the Ospreys at the 2013 Manchvegas regional for a chance to be in the Pittsburgh FF that the game was the only one that Kevin Goumas missed the entire season. Like Lanny Gare missing the Buffalo FF in 2003. What coulda, woulda, shoulda been.
                              Didn't Bret Hemingway come down with a tummy ache a few years earlier to miss a postseason game (loss) too?

Sworn Enemy of the Perpetually Offended
                              Montreal Expos Forever ...

Comment

• Originally posted by Chuck Murray View Post

Didn't Bret Hemingway come down with a tummy ache a few years earlier to miss a postseason game (loss) too?
                                Not sure about reason, but Brett missed the 3-2 2OT win over UMass and the 5-2 loss to BC in HEA tourney as senior in 2006, after scoring two goals in 4-0 and 6-0 wins at the Whitt over PC, and before posting a -1 and 2 SOG in 2-1 loss to Miami in Manchvegas regional semi.

At least for the first decade after our FF run 1998-2003 we were still getting recruits who could score goals to get us to the post-season. The past decade has been a disaster by comparison (“yeah, tell us something we do not know”).

Comment

Working...
                                X