UMaine Offseason...Belly Up to the Barr Boys

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by UncleRay View Post
    All y'all are apparently too young to remember the Tortorella brothers. Well, Wally's not, but...
    I played pool with them at decrepit old Corbett Hall!

Jimmy was a nice guy, and John was a bit of a dick.

Go figger.

Comment

[QUOTE=acs64;n3799347]
      Originally posted by BlackBearFan19 View Post

Chris averaged over 1.2 ppg and Peter close to 1.5 ppg so I’d say they lived up to the billing. The Heistens may have performed a little below expectations, Chris averaged .64 ppg and Barrett averaged .92 ppg. [/Q

Appreciate you digging those stats up. Of course we watched the twins play but for some reason my recollection wasnt spot on there, lol. They were on such great teams at the time.
      Remember the hissy fit Jackie threw when the Ferraro's came back from the Olympics and played in HE tourney/ The good old days when the hate was real
      I swear there ain't no heaven but I pray there ain't no hell.

Maine Hockey Love it or Leave it

Comment

Originally posted by UncleRay View Post

Try, "So-and-so is doing such-and-such and I think it means X for Maine because of Y." All you've said is, "go look at the stats." Twice. Without bothering to include a link. That's not an opinion or evaluation of anything.
        FFS, you somehow managed to find your way to the USCHO forums but a Google search for BCHL Stat leaders is going down some sort of rabbit hole?
        $90(more) for a drink holding ledge and a Maine blanket, but the views still great.
        Just win.....

Comment

Originally posted by Wayuphere View Post

FFS, you somehow managed to find your way to the USCHO forums but a Google search for BCHL Stat leaders is going down some sort of rabbit hole?
          Haha, I googled "BCHL" scoring leaders and I didn't even have to click the link; the info you were referencing was right there in the results. Not difficult.

Comment

Originally posted by KrbFlint View Post

Haha, I googled "BCHL" scoring leaders and I didn't even have to click the link; the info you were referencing was right there in the results. Not difficult.
            I guess he wants my opinion on them? I gave it: temper expectations.
            $90(more) for a drink holding ledge and a Maine blanket, but the views still great.
            Just win.....

Comment

Sam Duerr has entered the transfer portal.

Comment

Originally posted by amkirby10 View Post
                Sam Duerr has entered the transfer portal.
                I had a feeling we might see him enter the portal. Decent player but towards the end of the year his playing time was dwindling and it seemed like he was on the weaker end skating wise of the defensemen. Most of the talk has been on Ryan Hopkins but Bodie Nobes should also be an upgrade on the back end.

I wonder what this means for his brother who is also committed to Maine and playing in the USHL.

Comment

[QUOTE=walrus;n3799595]
                  Originally posted by acs64 View Post

Remember the hissy fit Jackie threw when the Ferraro's came back from the Olympics and played in HE tourney/ The good old days when the hate was real
                  I miss the hate, too... Them was the days.

Comment

Real quick, for the old-timers...

Some of you crusty gray-beard codgers must remember Kevin Swallow, a transfer from UVM right near the end of the Whitehead era?

He coaches the University of New England now, which is out of Biddeford, and he has his team in the D-3 FF again, this time down in Beverly MA.

His goalie is a phenom. Made 64 saves against my local D-3 team on Saturday. Could be more about that guy (Girard) than it is about Kevin, but I'm going to stream it just the same.

Last edited by Fishman'81; 03-20-2023, 08:58 PM.

Comment

I had a feeling we might see him enter the portal. Decent player but towards the end of the year his playing time was dwindling and it seemed like he was on the weaker end skating wise of the defensemen. Most of the talk has been on Ryan Hopkins but Bodie Nobes should also be an upgrade on the back end.

I wonder what this means for his brother who is also committed to Maine and playing in the USHL.
                      He didn’t have a great year and it’s not a huge loss but how many undersized right handed dmen can you play? I’ll be interested to see how it works out.
                      Originally posted by BobbyBrady
                      Crosby probably wouldn't even be on BC's top two lines next year

Comment

Originally posted by Drew S. View Post

He didn’t have a great year and it’s not a huge loss but how many undersized right handed dmen can you play? I’ll be interested to see how it works out.
                        Maine will be smaller on the back end and they do not have enough left handed shots but the two they have are excellent. Also, for how small Antonacci, Holt and Arnott are, they didn’t seem to get pushed around.

Breazeale - Arnott
                        Holt - Nobes
                        Antonacci - Hopkins
                        Chabrier
                        Kincaid
                        (Just some hypothetical pairings I threw together)

I’d imagine the staff is scanning the portal looking for a left handed defenseman. For the time being I’d expect someone like Antonacci to play on his off side just due to how strong he finished the year.

Comment

Maine will be smaller on the back end and they do not have enough left handed shots but the two they have are excellent. Also, for how small Antonacci, Holt and Arnott are, they didn’t seem to get pushed around.

Breazeale - Arnott
                          Holt - Nobes
                          Antonacci - Hopkins
                          Chabrier
                          Kincaid
                          (Just some hypothetical pairings I threw together)

I’d imagine the staff is scanning the portal looking for a left handed defenseman. For the time being I’d expect someone like Antonacci to play on his off side just due to how strong he finished the year.
                          Don't forget about our other incoming freshman D, Liam Lesakowski. He gets lost in the shuffle with Nobes and Hopkins garnering the spotlight but he was a regular Top 6 D-man in the USHL this year. And he addresses both of the concerns brought up here, he's a left shot D who stands at 6'5", 220 lbs.

Comment

Originally posted by amkirby10 View Post

Don't forget about our other incoming freshman D, Liam Lesakowski. He gets lost in the shuffle with Nobes and Hopkins garnering the spotlight but he was a regular Top 6 D-man in the USHL this year. And he addresses both of the concerns brought up here, he's a left shot D who stands at 6'5", 220 lbs.
                            I did forget about him and if he can skate at that size, he’ll be very useful. I wasn’t sure if he was coming in this season or the following season, either way the size will definitely help.

Comment

Originally posted by Fishman'81 View Post
                              Real quick, for the old-timers...

Some of you crusty gray-beard codgers must remember Kevin Swallow, a transfer from UVM right near the end of the Whitehead era?

He coaches the University of New England now, which is out of Biddeford, and he has his team in the D-3 FF again, this time down in Beverly MA.

His goalie is a phenom. Made 64 saves against my local D-3 team on Saturday. Could be more about that guy (Girard) than it is about Kevin, but I'm going to stream it just the same.
                              Oooh, doesnt seem that long ago when swallow was playing. He had good hands, good with the puck.

Comment

Interesting, Northeastern forward Jack Hughes in the transfer portal.

Comment

Working...
                                X