UMaine Offseason...Belly Up to the Barr Boys

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by NorthMike View Post

Oooh, doesnt seem that long ago when swallow was playing. He had good hands, good with the puck.
    He wasn't bad as a player, but he's better as a coach.

(And I don't even want to look-up when he played at Maine, if you know what I mean.)
    Last edited by Fishman'81; 03-21-2023, 09:00 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Fishman'81 View Post
      Real quick, for the old-timers...

Some of you crusty gray-beard codgers must remember Kevin Swallow, a transfer from UVM right near the end of the Whitehead era?........
      As you say, he transferred to Maine while Tim was still coaching and had to sit out a year. I believe he transferred from Dartmouth. Good to see him having a successful coaching career. Yes, I'm an old codger! :-)

Comment

Originally posted by Runsub5 View Post

As you say, he transferred to Maine while Tim was still coaching and had to sit out a year. I believe he transferred from Dartmouth. Good to see him having a successful coaching career. Yes, I'm an old codger! :-)
        Yeah I remember him. And do believe that he did transfer from Dartmouth. I seem to recall Dartmouth playing at Maine one year and I was curious as to what he had for skills. Certainly seems to have a knack for coaching the kids. Wonder if he ever had interest in coaching at UMaine.
        I believe in equality of effort. In life, in hockey in everything.

Comment

Originally posted by acs64 View Post

Yeah I remember him. And do believe that he did transfer from Dartmouth. I seem to recall Dartmouth playing at Maine one year and I was curious as to what he had for skills. Certainly seems to have a knack for coaching the kids. Wonder if he ever had interest in coaching at UMaine.
          What do you suppose Maine will do about the new fourth paid coach position hockey will now be able to have? $$$$ Anything.
          Or Im assuming thats a done deal with ncaa.

LIkely to cause more disparity in hockey???
          Last edited by NorthMike; 03-22-2023, 10:37 AM.

Comment

Robert Kincaid is in the transfer portal.

Comment

Originally posted by amkirby10 View Post
              Robert Kincaid is in the transfer portal.
              Reds recruit as was Duerr.
              If that means anything.

Comment

Originally posted by acs64 View Post

Yup, you old bastids ain't as forgetful as I guessed you'd be!

I'm rooting for Swallow. Anyone who grew up with that name has already earned his spot in Heaven.

And he can coach. He's done a lot with a little.

Comment

Henbrant is going back to sweden to play pro. Dam!

Comment

Henbrant is going back to sweden to play pro. Dam!
                    Ben Poisson is coming back so we go 1/2 there. Where did you see the Henbrant news, not seeing it on Twitter.

Edit: just saw the Larry Mahoney article.

Unfortunate, but getting Poisson back is huge
                    Last edited by BlackBearFan19; 03-23-2023, 08:59 AM.

Comment

Reds recruit as was Duerr.
                      If that means anything.
                      Barr brought Duerr in at the beginning of the spring semester 2021-2022. He was playing for the St. Cloud Norsemen at the time. He also went to Shattuck- St. Mary's, the same school Ben attended. Wishing him well.

Comment

Originally posted by BlackBearFan19 View Post

Ben Poisson is coming back so we go 1/2 there. Where did you see the Henbrant news, not seeing it on Twitter.

Hope Poisson remembers how to skate. He seemed slower this past season. Still good to have him back.
                        $90(more) for a drink holding ledge and a Maine blanket, but the views still great.
                        Just win.....

Comment

Henbrant returning to Sweden to explore a pro career. Big loss.

Comment

Originally posted by BlackBearFan19 View Post

Yeah glad Ben is coming back.

Comment

Originally posted by Runsub5 View Post

Barr brought Duerr in at the beginning of the spring semester 2021-2022. He was playing for the St. Cloud Norsemen at the time. He also went to Shattuck- St. Mary's, the same school Ben attended. Wishing him well.

Heisenberg list has Deurr being recruited in 2020, Barr brought him in early last year, second semester, instead of this year, needed defense guys last year.
                              He will find a home somewhere.

Comment

Heisenberg list has Deurr being recruited in 2020, Barr brought him in early last year, second semester, instead of this year, needed defense guys last year.
                                He will find a home somewhere.
                                I didn't say this year. I said he came in the spring semester of the 2021-2022 playing season. I also didn't say that Barr recruited him, only that he brought him in to join the team.

Comment

Working...
                                X